university loans. Watch

This discussion is closed.
lou*
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
[COLOR=darkred]dont u think the price to go to university is disgusting! people who have the abbility for further education and to gain better jobs within our society are being forced to pay outrages amounts of money just to attend further schooling for a few years! even if you do come out with the education you need for a good job, you are still going to be paying your loan off for many years to come![/COLOR]
tommypip
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou*)
[COLOR=darkred]dont u think the price to go to university is disgusting! people who have the abbility for further education and to gain better jobs within our society are being forced to pay outrages amounts of money just to attend further schooling for a few years! even if you do come out with the education you need for a good job, you are still going to be paying your loan off for many years to come![/COLOR]

wait till Blair introduces top up fees! Even more money! He got funded through uni by grants that he doesn't even have to pay back. What a bas**rd
lou*
i think its disgusting, and something should be done! i mean what is the point?? the goverment spends hundreds of thousands of pounds on road works (that dont even need doing!) and pointless things like that when the money could be used for people to get further education and make somethings of there lives!
tommypip
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it's the way the world works I'm afraid. Life isn't fair. At least you only pay it off when you're earinng money. Become a teacher then you don't have to pay it back!
lou*
i know lifes s**t! i dont reallly fancy being a teacher, more on the lines of solicotor?!?! (i dont know yet!) have you got any ideas on how much that would cost me? (i dont have a clue!)
tommypip
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou*)
i know lifes s**t! i dont reallly fancy being a teacher, more on the lines of solicotor?!?! (i dont know yet!) have you got any ideas on how much that would cost me? (i dont have a clue!)

Depends if you do law as your degree of if you do another degree first. I'm doing history but am converting to law
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tommypip)
Depends if you do law as your degree of if you do another degree first. I'm doing history but am converting to law
I'm thinking about getting a history degree and going into the Civil Service but i'm not sure how much they pay?!? I want something to pay off my student loan quick.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
I'm thinking about getting a history degree and going into the Civil Service but i'm not sure how much they pay?!? I want something to pay off my student loan quick.
Fast Stream Civil Service jobs started at £19,000 in 2001 when I applied.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (17)
30.91%
No (38)
69.09%

Watched Threads