The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hydromancer
don't worry about it...this may sound cliché but you have as much chance as anybody else. Keep your spirits up and don't think on these statistics as they really don't matter in the long run, remember you have other choices as well and some of them may have seen a decrease in applicants. :thumbsup:

lol doubt thats happened this year, everywhere seems to have seen a huge increase in applications...this whole process has turned me into a nervous wreck! but thanks anyway :h:
apple100
lol doubt thats happened this year, everywhere seems to have seen a huge increase in applications...this whole process has turned me into a nervous wreck! but thanks anyway :h:

actually, I was pleasantly surprised that Cardiff saw a slight decrease in applicants this year.
apple100
really?! yay I have applied there! probably doesn't make much of a difference anyway lol

that's two options we have in common!
Reply 23
Hydromancer
that's two options we have in common!

:p: lol where else have you applied?
apple100
:p: lol where else have you applied?

manchester and keele
Reply 25
Hydromancer
manchester and keele

ahh okay, sadly thats where our similarities end! (although I did seriously consider Manchester lol)
apple100
ahh okay, sadly thats where our similarities end! (although I did seriously consider Manchester lol)

where else have you applied?
Reply 27
Hydromancer

Did you by any chance ask whether the invites sent around 16th Nov. be for interviews in Nov/Dec or will they include the Jan/Feb interviews as well.

No I didn't ask that but she said that interviews will take place from late Nov to march and that candidates will have plenty of time to prepare for interview upon receiving the invite.
Reply 28
Hydromancer
manchester and keele

We are applying to the same 3 medical schools! :woo:
HotCoco.
We are applying to the same 3 medical schools! :woo:

:woo: great minds think alike (and fools never differ)

hopefully we'll get offers from all four med schools, although personally I will be glad to get a single offer.
Reply 30
hey....i've applied....sent of my questionnaire....now i'm just waiting *eek*.
Any international students who applied? (of course there are!).
when did u guys send off your UCAS?

GOOD LUCK BTW
Reply 31
CrissyBear
hey....i've applied....sent of my questionnaire....now i'm just waiting *eek*.
Any international students who applied? (of course there are!).
when did u guys send off your UCAS?

GOOD LUCK BTW

Lol you too :p: I sent my UCAS on the 7th Oct.
Reply 32
Does anyone know the lowest offer and lowest grades they interviews in GCSE terms. Because i have been searching around and it seems like people below 4-6A*'s don't get an interview.
Reply 33
Gowrav
Does anyone know the lowest offer and lowest grades they interviews in GCSE terms. Because i have been searching around and it seems like people below 4-6A*'s don't get an interview.

It depends on the applicants in that cycle:

"Your form is now passed to our Admissions Panel who read and score your personal statement.
Your highest 8 GCSE’s are scored, together with the UKCAT and answers to our on-line
questionnaire. Your individual scores are totalled. Your total is then compared with totals of other
applicants and the 800 applicants with the highest scores are invited for interview."
Reply 34
Hi so for the questionnaire, did everyone tell all the places they did work experience they were putting them down? I (stupidly) checked with 4 of my places, but couldn't get through on the phone to one of the places. Now my worry is that the one place the uni will check will be the one I couldn't contact, do you think I should physically go and tell them? (I have been phoning practically every day but can't get through :mad: ) Is it necessary? Sorry, its just that I keep on having doubts on everything, I just don't want to give them more of a chance to reject me lol.
Reply 35
im applying to nottingham toooo :biggrin:
i loooved it on the open day ♥
it sounds amazing
Reply 36
apple100
Hi so for the questionnaire, did everyone tell all the places they did work experience they were putting them down? I (stupidly) checked with 4 of my places, but couldn't get through on the phone to one of the places. Now my worry is that the one place the uni will check will be the one I couldn't contact, do you think I should physically go and tell them? (I have been phoning practically every day but can't get through :mad: ) Is it necessary? Sorry, its just that I keep on having doubts on everything, I just don't want to give them more of a chance to reject me lol.

It's common courtesy to let them know you put them down in case they are contacted. Can you not email or write a letter?
Reply 37
Archen
im applying to nottingham toooo :biggrin:
i loooved it on the open day ♥
it sounds amazing

whats this VIP area from birmingham....ive applied n have no vip area...when did u send ur app off
Reply 38
HotCoco.
It's common courtesy to let them know you put them down in case they are contacted. Can you not email or write a letter?

lol email, how stupid of me! :facepalm: I think my brain has been frazzled haha, thanks :colondollar:
HotCoco.

****. I should probably tell them. **** again. :sigh:

Latest

Trending

Trending