Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got an offer of ABB does anyone know if they would accept AAC instead? Just wondering cos i dont think one of my exams went too well! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angeldelight)
    Hey, I got an offer of ABB does anyone know if they would accept AAC instead? Just wondering cos i dont think one of my exams went too well! :confused:
    A who knows thread again, we can only be optimistic. However I know St Andrews is unique, as far as I am aware in that they allow entry into the second year of a four year course for high grades, and a seperate offer if you do the full 4 years. The downside is though that you end up doing a 3 year bsc course in four years.

For example I know someone with a maths offer, has a aab (maths+fmaths+physics) for second year entry and abb for first. May not be with all subjects, you'll have to check.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know it's all based on points rather than actual grades. I know Edinburgh needs the grades (I needed BBBB or above, ie not ABBC etc), but I'm not sure about St Andrews. Give them a call or email them, and good luck with your results.
    Claire x

ReputationRep:
    I got AACCC at Higher last year and I was supposed to need BBBB for Edinburgh and ABBB for St. Andrews. I got a conditional offer of BB from Edinburgh and a conditional of B from St. Andrews. That might indicate that they see AAC like ABB (whereas Edinburgh doesn't).

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 29, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.