Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    on the results day..are you planning to open the envelope (which consists of your exam grades) infront of your friends? next to your teachers? parents? in the car along the way home? swap the envelopes with your friends, so they read your grade and you read theres? or by yourself?

I for one....will make sure i'm alone...huddled in my room...praying for the grade that i deserve.!

No way next to my parents...i mean the look on their faces, expecting an excellent grade, puts tooooo much pressure on me and anybody.

I sooooo wont open it next to my friends because i would feel really sad and embarassed if they get much much much better then me. Its not competition dont get me wrong..i would love for my friends to get good..but its just the feeling that your not as intelligent as them which will put my hopes down.

As for my t eachers....HELL NO!!!! they expect good from you because they were the ones who taught you...so obviously if i get bad they would question their teaching techniques....again it puts too much pressure on me.

its scary to read it alone because once you leave your room and face your parents, you see their eyes wide open expecting A or B's.....ahhhh the pressure.....I THOUGHT THE EXAMS WERE HARD......this is even more DIFFICULT!!!

seriously, from the bottom of my heart, i am wishing good luck to everybody....................... .........I CAN SINCERELY FEEL wot you lot are going through...or will be going through on the results day just make sure not to put your parents or anybody's hopes toooo high....

adios :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how I will open mine. Not infront of my parents I don't think. Although I may go with my friends, I intend to go for a walk somewhere and then open them by myself.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to open mine as soon as I get them infront of my freinds and teachers. Then if there good im going to celebrate with them, and if they r bad...well I dont know what i'll do !

ReputationRep:
    I htink I will just get the envelope, rip it open, and compare with friends but then i will take it home and properly look through them

ReputationRep:
    there is no way im going anywhere near my parents with my results lol, it's so hard to tell what i will do, you just never know until it happens, but i think i will open my with a few close friends together

ReputationRep:
    I will be opening mine at school with everyone else. I know i will end up crying, whether or not they are good or bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    on the results day..are you planning to open the envelope (which consists of your exam grades) infront of your friends? next to your teachers? parents? in the car along the way home? swap the envelopes with your friends, so they read your grade and you read theres? or by yourself?

I for one....will make sure i'm alone...huddled in my room...praying for the grade that i deserve.!

No way next to my parents...i mean the look on their faces, expecting an excellent grade, puts tooooo much pressure on me and anybody.

I sooooo wont open it next to my friends because i would feel really sad and embarassed if they get much much much better then me. Its not competition dont get me wrong..i would love for my friends to get good..but its just the feeling that your not as intelligent as them which will put my hopes down.

As for my t eachers....HELL NO!!!! they expect good from you because they were the ones who taught you...so obviously if i get bad they would question their teaching techniques....again it puts too much pressure on me.

its scary to read it alone because once you leave your room and face your parents, you see their eyes wide open expecting A or B's.....ahhhh the pressure.....I THOUGHT THE EXAMS WERE HARD......this is even more DIFFICULT!!!

seriously, from the bottom of my heart, i am wishing good luck to everybody....................... .........I CAN SINCERELY FEEL wot you lot are going through...or will be going through on the results day just make sure not to put your parents or anybody's hopes toooo high....

adios :tsr:

SAME HERE

ReputationRep:
    Erm...i'll have a rope attached to my neck and a 1 litre bottle of vodka in my left hand.
    lol...only joking. I shall open my results with all my mates around probably, not really that bothered as long as I get the grades I think I deserve. I'm fairly sure my eyes will be extremely focus on that piece of paper for a long while when I do open it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    I THOUGHT THE EXAMS WERE HARD......this is even more DIFFICULT!!!
    Lol yes!

I think I'll open it at school as soon as I get it, but I'll find somewhere quiet with nobody around, where nobody can see my expressions which sort of gives away what type of results I got.

ReputationRep:
    Right, i'll go in early to school, collect my envelope, go into the public gardens near my house and open them very slowly.

ReputationRep:
    open it in the library with everyone else

ReputationRep:
    If I get 9 A*-Cs, i wil, be incredibly happy, but it is unlikely seeing as i hgave probably failed German

If I get 8 A*-Cs, i will be very happy

If I get 7 A*-Cs,i will still be very happy

If I get 6 A*-Cs, i will be very annoyed with myself for failing to get into 6th form.

If I get 5 A*-Cs, i will be incredibly annoyed for the same reason as above.

If I get less than 5 A*-Cs, i think i will be almost sucicidal through sheer disapointment.

ReputationRep:
    Did you hear about the guy who ate his grades?

Thought not.... he works as a janitor now.

Moral of the story is........ Dont eat your grades! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i shall prob b openin em at ma new house days afta every1 else has got theirs! boohoo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadlikeYaz buff)
    i hate racist estate dwelling scum, any nazi cross my path= blood bath
    ? You might find the NSDAP was destroyed after the war.

ReputationRep:
    so u say there are no more nazis? LMFAO joker!!!

ReputationRep:
    im gonna wit my m8s. my parents aint coming. hope i do well. im gonna open them in front of everybody.

ReputationRep:
    its tradition in my family to go to my grannies where all the aunts/uncles/cousins come and sit there waiting in anticiptation.....pressure or what, this yr i breaking the tradition, in skl i gonna bags the toilet in the furthest corner and sit there and cry

ReputationRep:
    I'll open my letter quickly, and glance to see if there's any Cs. If there are, I will immediately burst into tears and look like an ass. If there aren't, I'll strip off and run naked across the playground all the way home.

ReputationRep:
    THEN U WOULD LOOK LIKE EVEN MORE OF AN ASS!! lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.