Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    soz didnt mean dat 2 be in capitals - lookin @ da keys not da screen!! soz lol!

ReputationRep:
    please dont take offence!! soz agen!! ok i will stop sayin soz now its prob annoyin peeps soz...... ooops there i go agen heehee lol!

ReputationRep:
    see how i feel, i think i would rather open them on m own though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadlikeYaz buff)
    so u say there are no more nazis? LMFAO joker!!!
    I know htere are neo nazis but you make it sound like all german people are nazis, must be a little thick musnt we. Before mocking German people learn to use correct english. Have a nice day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to rip mine open as soon as I get my grubby mitts on the paper!!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know how I will open the "holy grail" also known as my GCSE results, however I know that my mum will be taking me to school, I will go and collect the results then return home.

At this moment in time I feel that I will open my results when I return home (in my room) then give them to my parents and brother to see after.

I will keep you informed on my decision lol

Stefan

(Original post by saiyamana)
    Did you hear about the guy who ate his grades?

Thought not.... he works as a janitor now.

Moral of the story is........ Dont eat your grades! :rolleyes:
    Did you hear the one about the kid that got sectioned after his GCSEs?

They called him a committed student.

(Silence.)

I got my results by phone. Oh, I missed so much.

ReputationRep:
    that was a truly bad joke, i mean truly

ReputationRep:
    I won't open them infront of friends and I won't want to know what my friends got either as I don't like to be comparitive... I hate all this "we deserve these grades" cos **** get a life man, it aint all about GCSEs, they're minor, A*, A, B, C it don't matter as long as u can persue a course u want to do at Advanced Subsidary and A2... Bunch of idiots u are. I bet ur the type who don't even have mates to open them with and see what u "deserved" ur the type who just work work work and put everyone else down for not working as hard cos they have social lives of more importance... BYE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Did you hear the one about the kid that got sectioned after his GCSEs?

They called him a committed student.

(Silence.)

I got my results by phone. Oh, I missed so much.
    Oh. Dear. Me. That was bad.

ReputationRep:
    Eh...right. Didn't you say that you don't want to open them in front of friends as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestone)
    Eh...right. Didn't you say that you don't want to open them in front of friends as well?
    Yes I did, you're observative... Point being? apart from the obvious which is I said I don't want to be comparitive with my mates as GCSEs are minor

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in with a mate so I'll probably just take my envelope and open it by myself somewhere to take it in. We're close so we'll probably end up sharing all our grades whether we're proud or ashamed of them. Same with my mum, she's not coming but I don't feel under pressure by her because she's told me she knows I worked hard so whatever I get, she'll be proud. Yep, cheesy moment over.

I'm just happy the exams are all over.

Good luck all but try not to worry yourselves with it just yet, it's two months away! Just enjoy your summer and time shall fly by.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, you don't want comparative with your friends believe that GCSEs are minor, fair enough.

I don't think that they are minor, though, which doesn't necessarily mean that others should assume that I have no social life, neither should they assume that I am the "the type who just work work work and put everyone else down for not working as hard cos they have social lives of more importance".

ReputationRep:
    Actually, you sound like a bit of a stick in the mud, so I doubt you do have a social life :/ loser

ReputationRep:
    Think what you want to think. But please do not assume. Assumptions are usually incorrect.

A lot of people happen to think that GCSEs are not "minor", looks like nobody has a social life according to you. Oh, yes, except for you, of course.

(Original post by Don Corleone)
    get a life man, it aint all about GCSEs, they're minor, A*, A, B, C it don't matter as long as u can persue a course u want to do at Advanced Subsidary and A2... Bunch of idiots u are. I bet ur the type who don't even have mates to open them with and see what u "deserved" ur the type who just work work work and put everyone else down for not working as hard cos they have social lives of more importance... BYE
    Predicted grades:
    8 E's, 4 D's, 2 C's...
    One explains the other, I think.

Get a life, and stop undermining the achievements of others.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's are quite major actually, without them you wont get into further education

*glances at Don Corleonne grades*

ahhh, problem found!

*realises that 2+2 has posted a very similar comment....*

Just read his :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Corleone)
    Actually, you sound like a bit of a stick in the mud, so I doubt you do have a social life :/ loser
    With all due respect, i think that because GCSEs are exam which are the key to getting into A levels, or college etc that they are not minor, in fact far from it. But a lot of people seem to keep a fulfilling social life whilst studying, its a generalisatino to say all good graders are "sad" I respect your opinion though, even if i may not totally agree, good luck with your grades etc though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trish xx)
    i shall prob b openin em at ma new house days afta every1 else has got theirs! boohoo
    i will open it infront of a mass crowd at nuremburg. 1935 with torch lights and announce it across europe.

i will then have a siezure and die a slow and painful death filled with magical colours of the rainbow.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.