ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I'm going to open my A2 results envelope with my butt cheeks
    Lovely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I'm going to open my A2 results envelope with my butt cheeks
    Lol, hows that possible? You could be there for a very long time :p:

I don't know what I'm going to do yet, I'll avoid eye contact with teachers, and I'd rather be on my own than with a crowd of people around me. I don't really mind if my best friends are there, because i'll be telling them my results anyway.

I bet it won't matter what I plan to do though, I'll get there and then either rip them open or run to a toilet to be on my own, lol. So do the teachers all go in really early in the morning to open them, or do they receive their own copies?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to open them in the hall with my friends cos then i can either go somewhere and celebrate or be comforted, depending on whether I've done well or **** . Definitely not going to open them with my parents..... probably give them a ring and then not come home for a long time....

ReputationRep:
    ARE YOU MAD???? I took chem, physics maths and it, got AA for chem and physics at gsce and b at maths - wouldnt let me take higher!!!! i dropped maths by christmas of as and struggling with chem and physics noW!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    This is a tricky one!!! (Btw, Don whateverhisnameis was totally wierd lolol) I'm planning to open them with a friend, probably go on the field or somewhere quiet. i dont mind revealing my grades, hopefully i get the grades i deserve (a TSR cliche lolol, but still a good'un) and it will be ok. but i dont want to say my grades, and if someone who hasnt got the grades they deserve might feel bad. or if (heaven forbid) i dont get the grades that i was supposed to get people will talk and so will the teachers and i hate that. when i took my gnvq ict exam and got my results last year, it was wierd cos i got a 100% in all my units and 96/100 on my exam (damn that four mark question i didnt know lololol) but that spread i didnt like that as some people (the yr 11's at the time) were not very pleased - i hated the awkardness.

That is why i feel that i might go home and open them there, but i think going to school and opening it there would be kewl. cos we have this thing where u can talk to some poeople about ur grades and how they are gonna affect u (good or bad) for sixth form, college etc. So i can talk about the options there!

Good luk to everyone, i truly hope everyone gets the grades they want!!! And remember to have fun this summer, this weather won't last forever!

Take care,

Rudy

ReputationRep:
    I'll make my mammy open it lol....i made her open both my 11+ and my KS3 results lol!!! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    I'll make my mammy open it lol....i made her open both my 11+ and my KS3 results lol!!! xoxo
    Omg you're brave! Hehe saying that i'll probably be so nervous I'll end up doing the same....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalily)
    Omg you're brave! Hehe saying that i'll probably be so nervous I'll end up doing the same....
    lol brave me? im a chicken :p: i get extremely nervous and start shaking.... and stuttering and everything... xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammy_girl)
    lol brave me? im a chicken :p: i get extremely nervous and start shaking.... and stuttering and everything... xoxo
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Is that why you can't open the results yourself? I understand where you're coming from though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalily)
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Is that why you can't open the results yourself? I understand where you're coming from though...
    lol yeah thats why lol xoxo

ReputationRep:
    [I]How will I open my envelope? Hmm... There are many different ways I would love to open the envelope, such as: whilst bungee jumping from SF's Golden Gate Bridge, on top of mount. Everest, In front of the Mafia (so that they can go and make the exam markers "an offer they cant refuse" when I get dismal results). But the more realistic answer is that I will probably turn up late, (no surprise there) quietly and slowly get my envelope, trying to evoke sympathy in my teachers, *mwhahaha* open it up very carefully, read all the 'shock-horrors' (maybe, maybe-not, we'll see ) and then basque in the oh-so-fine fine moment where my only thought is that I will never, ever, have to take cringe-makingly frustrating, mind-numbingly tedious, poo-ridden Maths again!! Yeehaw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigmy Goat)
    You know the teachers know before you what your grades are - well at my school they do - so there's no point opening it near them - just try avoid them!!!
    i think i should do that too, just in case. i dnt want the teachers coming round saying what did you get, and thats good etc etc etc

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say to people I offended and irked yesterday, I am sorry. I had been drinking just prior to me coming on TSR and I suppose my true feelings came out. I realised I haven't put much work in these past two years and thats my own fault, no-one else is to blame. I guess I am saddened, though not jelous, that I will be achieving much less than I am capable of. I am sorry, anyway, nice work and hope you all have a wicked time finding out your results, peace out, I'm off to sun-bathe

ReputationRep:
    I might not open them, just leave them in the draw of my desk to gather dust, then maybe when im 30 open them.

ReputationRep:
    Its okay for people who perhaps have given it a good shot and are expecting most as A*-A-B. But I've had school reports, predictions and teachers telling me I'm goin to get 10 A*s, which would be fantastic if I do but even one A seems bad after that if you know what I mean?

I mean 8-9 A*s and 1-2 As is still fantastic, but... well.. I'd still feel like I let myself down. Stupid I know. Nothing is riding on these results but self confidence

ReputationRep:
    I totally know what u mean!!! The pressure is a little strange, and when thinking like that you feel arrogant and big-headed....but im hoping that i just get over B's in all of them. But, cos of all the A*s its very wierd cos people expect you to get em, so not only are you gonna dissapoint urself but others which is wierd....

Rudy

ReputationRep:
    yeh, i'm same here, getting an a A at my school is like telling people youve got the plague, lol but when i open i gonna do what some one else said before, but different, i gonna scan for C's if theres none im gonna smile then scan for B's if none smile even better, and there shouldn be so then i'll actually look at the subjects, i wont look at sibjects till ive done preliminary scanning, lol, if there are B's and god forbid C's i will simply look what subjects they are and if they are not core ones, i wont feel so bad, hopefully that plan will work, but no way am i gonna stay in the school hall, i'll prob run and hide behind the curtain on the stage lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidt)
    Its okay for people who perhaps have given it a good shot and are expecting most as A*-A-B. But I've had school reports, predictions and teachers telling me I'm goin to get 10 A*s, which would be fantastic if I do but even one A seems bad after that if you know what I mean?

I mean 8-9 A*s and 1-2 As is still fantastic, but... well.. I'd still feel like I let myself down. Stupid I know. Nothing is riding on these results but self confidence
    feelin exactly the same! i'm hyperventilating just thinkin about openin my results and because i do two different exam boards (CCEA and AQA) i have the delight of enjoying 2 days of exam results torture!(i get my ccea results on a tuesday, i think and AQA on a thursday). i think i'l just grab my envelope, try not 2 look any of my teachers in the eye and run to the farthest away empty toilet!!!
    its not the actual results i'm dreadin but the disappointment i think i'm gonna face when i compare my predicted grades(A* mostly) 2 what i'l actually get!its that awful feelin that really gets me,when u know u could have revised more or done better and then look at people who nobody thought would do well, gettin 10 A* out of sheer hard work!its that bloody feelin of "what if" that i hate the most, not the actual grade! :eek: :eek:

now that my teachers have told me what they expect of me, i feel exactly the same!that A or B when i supposedly was guaranteed an A* will really get me DOWN! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Do you get different boards results on different days then?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.