Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    you could just get laser hair removal, or or become bionic, no need for a plaster then or waxing lol

ReputationRep:
    lol i remember opening the early entry gcses i took last year, that was bad enough, was just shaking when i opened the letter! this year i will just rip it open infront of whoever is there, il die of being so nervous on the way into skl tho lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swinely)
    lol i remember opening the early entry gcses i took last year, that was bad enough, was just shaking when i opened the letter! this year i will just rip it open infront of whoever is there, il die of being so nervous on the way into skl tho lol
    lol yeah there is that, the night before is going to be the worst i think, no sleep for me.

ReputationRep:
    lol im gonna sleep really well, but i'll probably wake up at like 4!

ReputationRep:
    I know already that im going to have a dream where i go into school, where everyone is standing there pointing and laughing at me and whilst i walk through a multitude of laughing students i pick up my envolope, open it and on it says 'OCR recognising achievment - G G G G G F E U G G F E'

sounds like something schitzophrenic doesnt it?

ReputationRep:
    lol!! that would be sooooo funny, my mate decided that no matter how crap his results are are, he wants them to spell out a real word lol, i want mine to be a person screaming AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA lol (maybe a star to lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    lol!! that would be sooooo funny, my mate decided that no matter how crap his results are are, he wants them to spell out a real word lol, i want mine to be a person screaming AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA lol (maybe a star to lol)
    I think we all want AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Im not really a proper A grade student, ive been hovering around Bs, i only got 1 A in my mocks which was a bit homosexual but hey. I dont think i've done well enough to get loads of As.

ReputationRep:
    which was a bit homosexual but hey
    WOOOO!! Yeah Markus! Fantastic! :p: I'm just gonna copy and paste what I said in t'other forum, of the same subject:...

I'm not here on results day, I'm in Florida, USA. I get back on the...er...*thinks* on the 30th of August. (Eek...that's REALLY close to the beginning of school! Noo, I want time for 'em to sink in, and be absorbed! Gutted).

Anyway, so I reckon I'll get in, all jet-lagged from an 8 hour flight, my house will be dark, dingy and cold (like it always is post-holiday), and I'll see this little brown envelope in amongst all the other crap junk mail. (Albeit, one which has been defaced by moi - I've doodled all over my results envelope in the hope that it would calm me down and make me smile before I open it! I've put things like; "How was Florida", "WARNING! RESULTS", "Open with caution" and a smiley sun in the corner....random crap!). Anyway, so I'll get in, have a drink and a biccie, pick up my results, brush myself down, and go and sit in a real nice and pleasant bit of my local park, with my iPod listening to my favourite tunes, and just taking in the surroundings and then I'll open them on my bill, no-one else there! It'll be good. Then I won't go home for ageeees, because if they're good I'll want to take it in by myself first and be all relieved and happy before everyone else knows, and if they're crap and depressing I'll wonder around crying and being dishevelled. But to be honest, I think I'll wonder the streets a lot before getting to the park and opening them...just putting it off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    WOOOO!! Yeah Markus! Fantastic! :p: I'm just gonna copy and paste what I said in t'other forum, of the same subject:...

I'm not here on results day, I'm in Florida, USA. I get back on the...er...*thinks* on the 30th of August. (Eek...that's REALLY close to the beginning of school! Noo, I want time for 'em to sink in, and be absorbed! Gutted).

Anyway, so I reckon I'll get in, all jet-lagged from an 8 hour flight, my house will be dark, dingy and cold (like it always is post-holiday), and I'll see this little brown envelope in amongst all the other crap junk mail. (Albeit, one which has been defaced by moi - I've doodled all over my results envelope in the hope that it would calm me down and make me smile before I open it! I've put things like; "How was Florida", "WARNING! RESULTS", "Open with caution" and a smiley sun in the corner....random crap!). Anyway, so I'll get in, have a drink and a biccie, pick up my results, brush myself down, and go and sit in a real nice and pleasant bit of my local park, with my iPod listening to my favourite tunes, and just taking in the surroundings and then I'll open them on my bill, no-one else there! It'll be good. Then I won't go home for ageeees, because if they're good I'll want to take it in by myself first and be all relieved and happy before everyone else knows, and if they're crap and depressing I'll wonder around crying and being dishevelled. But to be honest, I think I'll wonder the streets a lot before getting to the park and opening them...just putting it off!
    Don't open it straight away darling because you'll be all depressed from getting back form holiday, then opening your results will add to the stress and you'll go crazy, i hate getting back from holiday :mad: you'll get straight A*s so dont sweat it

ReputationRep:
    Don't open it straight away darling because you'll be all depressed from getting back form holiday, then opening your results will add to the stress and you'll go crazy, i hate getting back from holiday you'll get straight A*s so dont sweat it
    I think you're right about he first bit of that (^), getting back from holiday always is rather poo, and I'll be all tired and jetlagged. But I'm not sure about the A* thing! I appreciate your kindness...I'll let you know either way. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonscape)
    argh.. im going to delect my sig cos it's starting to confuse me aswell, i used to think you needed all of the sciences to get into medecin, but if i change one of my options it will make me want to change all of them, and you gota be mad if im taking 7 alevels lol

moonscape...i agree about how hard it is choosing the ****ing a levels. i've been wondering abt it for now nigh on 5 months

ReputationRep:
    We were sat down in a room after 1 week of being supplied with a list of combinations of subjects that we could choose and were asked to give our subject choices for A-levels. It was so hard. I was tearing myself up about whether Further Maths would drive me insane, and whether or not I should do Art... But then I decided I preffered the Maths teachers over the Art teachers, and since its really important you don't get stuck doing 8 periods / week with some teacher you hate/dislike immensely, I decided to do Further Maths. I then got worked up about whether I should do 4 or 5... I decided to do 5, since Electronics is an easy and enjoyable "extra" A-level, which actually does come in useful (according to my brother's Oxford tutors:p: ), and isn't classified as a "Mickey Mouse" subject, to coin a popular phrase.

Anyway, back to the point - yeah - It was really hard dumping all the subjects I loved so much - then again, it was really easy dumping Geography!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    dumping Geography!!
    Geography is nice and easy to dump! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ha... we have to phone our senior tutor because our results get sent to the school for some weird reason... not looking forward to it, I have this image of my mother hovering over me waiting to jump and then asking me what I got... ARGH!!! My parents have such high expectations...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heninacoop)
    Ha... we have to phone our senior tutor because our results get sent to the school for some weird reason... not looking forward to it, I have this image of my mother hovering over me waiting to jump and then asking me what I got... ARGH!!! My parents have such high expectations...
    interesting. we arent allowed to get results over the phone - too much room for mistakes...

teacher: so you got straight Es... par.

pupil: straight A stars!!?1!?!!!1 YEah!1!1!jk11kB1k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewwy)
    interesting. we arent allowed to get results over the phone - too much room for mistakes...

teacher: so you got straight Es... par.

pupil: straight A stars!!?1!?!!!1 YEah!1!1!jk11kB1k
    Not to get these two confused, because they sound identical. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Knowing my school the envelope will already be opened and hastily resealed with c(s)elotape after their quick gander at every certificate. So mine will be one of fury as I try to rip up the celotape fruitlessly trying until someone hands me a pair of scissors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Geography is nice and easy to dump! :p:
    Why is it easier than any other subject to dump?

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK ALL

I am sure you will all have done really well.

I am not waiting to recieve any results this year, but i will be feeling your pain next year. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shivani singhal)
    GOOD LUCK ALL

I am sure you will all have done really well.

I am not waiting to recieve any results this year, but i will be feeling your pain next year. :eek:
    arr thank u!

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.