Turn on thread page Beta

sixthform horror? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    help im thinking of going to sixthform and i dont know exactly what to expect how many lessons or what lessons i can do?

ReputationRep:
    hi jos, i reckon u should go 2 sixth form! it depends wot type of job u r looking at going for once u finish 6th form. what do you want to do with your life??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou*)
    hi jos, i reckon u should go 2 sixth form! it depends wot type of job u r looking at going for once u finish 6th form. what do you want to do with your life??
    ui wanna be a primary school teacher!

ReputationRep:
    first you gotta find out what subjects the sixth form offers, when you find that out you'll know everythin else
    as levels is 4 or 5 subjects in most sixth forms, with our sixth form you have one full day in the week, and the rest of the days you have a double free, so it works out ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josie)
    help im thinking of going to sixthform and i dont know exactly what to expect how many lessons or what lessons i can do?
    You can pretty much do any subjects you did for GCSE, there are a couple of restrictions, like you can't do English Language and Literature as separate A-levels, you have to do the combined one, you can only one of the biology options (human biology, the one that means plants, or combined) and you have to take maths to do Further maths.

We had 5 hours a week for each subject, but that was back in the days before AS/A2, but I'm guessing it won't be too different. You'd get the rest of the time off for "private study" basically free periods for going into town or going to Maccy D's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    You can pretty much do any subjects you did for GCSE, there are a couple of restrictions, like you can't do English Language and Literature as separate A-levels, you have to do the combined one, you can only one of the biology options (human biology, the one that means plants, or combined) and you have to take maths to do Further maths.

We had 5 hours a week for each subject, but that was back in the days before AS/A2, but I'm guessing it won't be too different. You'd get the rest of the time off for "private study" basically free periods for going into town or going to Maccy D's!
    cheers i just didnt have a clue but i really i reaaly want to well and not end like a drop out!

ReputationRep:
    you allready are a drop out! loser!!

ReputationRep:
    whats goin on wiv you, why u talkin crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishrat)
    whats goin on wiv you, why u talkin crap
    wat you on aboput?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josie)
    wat you on aboput?
    talkin bout lou

ReputationRep:
    Once you receive your GCSE results, you will choose an AS subject your school is offering. At my old college, an A-level subject was normally five lessons a week. A double AVCE, was 10 lessons a week. It really depends on your college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishrat)
    talkin bout lou
    there sitting next to each other!hehe!xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)

Well here you can take language and literature as seperate subjects, so it isn't always true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    Once you receive your GCSE results, you will choose an AS subject your school is offering. At my old college, an A-level subject was normally five lessons a week. A double AVCE, was 10 lessons a week. It really depends on your college.
    5?
    How long were the lessons?
    We only do 3 here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    5?
    How long were the lessons?
    We only do 3 here
    in our school (with lou* n josie) we do 6 a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    in our school (with lou* n josie) we do 6 a week
    well were in year 11 though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    well were in year 11 though!
    so were not in sixth form yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josie)
    applying to university is the real horror in the sixth form academic wise...socially though, it is much more relaxed and mature

ReputationRep:
    without a doubt, sixth form is better than college.
    At sixth form only ppl who want to learn stay on. The atmosphere is so better and the the teachers respect you more.

Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    applying to university is the real horror in the sixth form academic wise...socially though, it is much more relaxed and mature
    people tell you waht psycology is to do with in the first year!but i still dont know what thats all about and what you learn!could anyone please help me!x x x x

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.