Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oilcan)
    Like a lamb to the slaughter, he takes the bait.
    Right... But when you're trying to prove how intelligent you are with the oh-so-common use of long words, then to go and make a simple gramatical mistake involving tenses, that sort've defeats the purpose of trying to sound clever, therefore you want us to perceive you as dumb? I doubt it, so I put it down to you making a mistake, therefore the bait was not intended... or, maybe I should start doing what you do at the end of nearly every post... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Online definition for debate:

1) Argument: a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal; "the argument over foreign aid goes on and on"

2) Debate is a formalized system of (usually) logical argument. It is a rule-governed contest with two or more sides, usually presided by a judge. Each side is attempting to win the approval of a designated audience, such as a judge. <--- Not entirely true in this case, but close enough...

Online definition for catfight:

1) A catfight is a physical clash between two females who want to cause each other harm, usually with their bare hands. A catfight can also refer to a fight between two felines.

I think that waives your view on what this thread contains...
    I can't believe you call other people, repeatedly, losers. Constantly; loser this, loser that, everybody's a bloody loser to you. And yet tis only you who seems to look up the definition of every word on the t'internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Therefore, he couldn't spell properly. People who cannot spell properly, by your previous logic, are stupid. Was Einstein stupid? Apparently not. So how do you make these two conclusions meet? Really, I'm interested.

You tried to back up that the "Average Joe" could get A*s, I argued that your support for this argument was weak at best. You seem unable to be able to further support your "back up" in any intelligent way, so your point rests solely on opinon: most people watching this thread will almost certainly see that you do indeed have a lot more to say.
    Again, another post littered with opinion.

Therefore, he couldn't spell properly. People who cannot spell properly, by your previous logic, are stupid. Was Einstein stupid? Apparently not. So how do you make these two conclusions meet? Really, I'm interested.
    I'm saying Einstein can be excused because he was dyslexic.

You tried to back up that the "Average Joe" could get A*s, I argued that your support for this argument was weak at best. You seem unable to be able to further support your "back up" in any intelligent way, so your point rests solely on opinon: most people watching this thread will almost certainly see that you do indeed have a lot more to say
    You didn't argue it at all; you just made a statement. We can all do that.
    Yet more opinion is rife throughout the final paragraph and more duplicating of what I said.

Look at the link below and read its contents... then come back to me with some actual FACT to base your "argument".

http://www.birchmore.info/muzak/html...nce_three.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Right... But when you're trying to prove how intelligent you are with the oh-so-common use of long words, then to go and make a simple gramatical mistake involving tenses, that sort've defeats the purpose of trying to sound clever, therefore you want us to perceive you as dumb? I doubt it, so I put it down to you making a mistake, therefore the bait was not intended... or, maybe I should start doing what you do at the end of nearly every post... :rolleyes:
    I don't need to prove my intelligence because I'm not particularly fussed about the opinions of people I'll never even meet. The same can't be said for you though. It's a shame; you try so hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    I can't believe you call other people, repeatedly, losers. Constantly; loser this, loser that, everybody's a bloody loser to you. And yet tis only you who seems to look up the definition of every word on the t'internet.
    I'm just putting aggravating scousers like you in your place. Thought you had had enough of debating and "bickering"? Practice what you preach dude...

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame; you try so hard...
    EXACTLY. And yet it's me who's "emotionally insecure" over an internet discussion? (Shamen) I'm not emotionally insecure you twerp, you're just an annoying little prick. There's a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    You're very unaware of whats going on around you, for a start I have been arguing my points against yours for the past few hours, why would I want you on my side? I was agreeing with everything, as, I thought it stood strong as a point... I agreed with you on an off-topic comment about zhivago, sorry if that wasn't what you were hoping to read.
    I'm fully aware of what's around me. I'm sorry you can't back this up.
    I'm just showing everyone how you EVEN agreed with me, so they can draw their own conclusions.

ReputationRep:
    aggravating scousers
    Let me tell you this, I AM NOT AN AGGRAVATING LITTLE SCOUSER, I have never had a fight in my entire life, I have never been oppressive to anybody in my entire life, but right now, you know what, if I did see, I would ****ing kick the **** out of you. And I'm sure I'd enjoy it, despite NEVER having done it before. And people will no doubt frown upon this post and say things about it, but I'm not fussed, I'm being honest.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=oilcan]I'm saying Einstein can be excused because he was dyslexic.

And what about, "Average Joes"? Or are they just labelled "dumb"?

ReputationRep:
    *And I'm not suprised somebody hasn't done it already.

ReputationRep:
    Let me tell you this, I AM NOT AN AGGRAVATING LITTLE SCOUSER, I have never had a fight in my entire life, I have never been oppressive to anybody in my entire life, but right now, you know what, if I did see, I would ****ing kick the **** out of you. And I'm sure I'd enjoy it, despite NEVER having done it before. And people will no doubt frown upon this post and say things about it, but I'm not fussed, I'm being honest.
    No, I think we're all too reserved; nobody will stoop to your low level and give you what you want, a reaction.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Shamen]

And what about, "Average Joes"? Or are they just labelled "dumb"?
    I think your use of HTML says it all really. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just putting aggravating scousers like you in your place
    By the way, you are so hypocritical it's unreal! What was it you said previously? "At least I don't boast about arguments", or something of a similar vein.

ReputationRep:
    nobody will stoop to your low level and give you what you want, a reaction
    Erm, you give a reaction every time you reply to a post.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fully aware of what's around me. I'm sorry you can't back this up.
    I'm just showing everyone how you EVEN agreed with me, so they can draw their own conclusions.
    I agreed with you when you said zhivago was emotionally insecure, however you don't see me agreeing with your points now do you? As I said, I agreed with an off-debate topic.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, you give a reaction every time you reply to a post.
    If you define reaction as responding to a stimulus, then yes, I guess I do... But in this case we are talking about giving you a reaction which you want. Which nobody shall give you, as you're not really worth it, if the truth be told.

ReputationRep:
    You guys really do have a nerve that's all I can say right now.

Right, let's do this LOGICALLY. You like logic, huh? That's your opinion. Or something. Anyway.

You say that the average Joe can get A*s. As seen by the posts above.

You back it up by saying that Lit candidates get A*s despite spelling errors, and then state your opinion (God forbid!) that people that cannot spell correctly are not clever:

Are you trying to say that people who mispell words, which are right in front of them are clever?
    I say that Einstein is renowned as one of the world's greatest genii, yet it would still not matter if he could spell badly, as the theory could still be seen and would remain correct nonetheless. Therefore (logically), spelling and grammar are not indicative of intelligence, therefore the fact that Lit candidates get A*s despite spelling errors is irrelevant, and thus the assertion that the "Average Joe" can get A*s remains unproven.

Of course, you also go on later to contradict your own logic, continuing to believe that whilst people that can't spell are idiots, they aren't if they have dyslexia. By the logic of the first statement, surely people with dyslexia would be "morons"? Yet by the second, they aren't, and you fail to explain why. Go on, humour me. But only after you support your opinion that the Average Joe can get A*s, and this time properly.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, you are so hypocritical it's unreal! What was it you said previously? "At least I don't boast about arguments", or something of a similar vein.
    Yes but this was a last resort for me, you gave me no other option to boast... Earlier on, you just said it as an easy way out of the argument, which I am totally aware you couldn't hack.

ReputationRep:
    You guys really do have a nerve that's all I can say right now.
    Good. Then put a sock in it (or preferablly a ****, any would be fine) and let us continue with out debate.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.