Sunburn :-( watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    that can be.......plan B
    i was gonna say yoghurt as well
    seriously the best thing to use when sunburnt
    take sillynarbs advice

ReputationRep:
    well the only yoghurt we have in the fridge is strawberry or black cherry yoghurt...so I just shove it on my skin and wait for it...to curdle?

ReputationRep:
    I got burnt today too I was only out in the sun for about half an hour and my shoulders are all red!

ReputationRep:
    ugh i HATE sunburns!! I rarely get them anymore because I wear sunscreen or just don't go out much... But if I do get a sunburn I use this gel stuff that has a cooling effect... sooooo cold but it helped me feel better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i was gonna say yoghurt as well
    seriously the best thing to use when sunburnt
    take sillynarbs advice
    Must be a cyprus thing, my cypriot uncle was the one who told me !

Get a tub of plain natural yoghurt, don't use the flavoured ones, although I'm sure they'll probably have the same effect!

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I got very very sunburnt - I dont mean to gross anyone out but it was so bad that the sunburn on my tummy has made it all swell up and on my chest its started blistering. I've smothered myself in aftersun but is there anything I can do to prevent a)peeling skin and b)further blistering

Many thank yous
    Lol, where I live I'd like to find treatments for frostbitten hands and feet atm, but nevermind I'll still help you out

Hmm, Aloe Vera is supposed to be great for sunburns, very soothing. I recommend it, do they have it over there in the UK? I suspect they would, as they have tea tree oil (good for zits) over there.

(Original post by danni_bella83)
    Lol, where I live I'd like to find treatments for frostbitten hands and feet atm, but nevermind I'll still help you out

Hmm, Aloe Vera is supposed to be great for sunburns, very soothing. I recommend it, do they have it over there in the UK? I suspect they would, as they have tea tree oil (good for zits) over there.
    I actually really wish that I still had my little aloe vera plant...It was so great to be able to just cut off a little bit and then use the gel stuff from inside to help soothe dry skin and lips. It was so good for dry lips in the winter.

This morning I went to the chemist to seek some advice. I was advised to use this cream so I bought it..Apparently it will stop the itching but I am wondering actually how quickly..arrrggghh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)

Yeah we have aloe vera and it is an absolute godsend for sunburn. That and/or calamine are really good. And try not to expose your skin again until it's got better, and when you do, wear suncream!

ReputationRep:
    i think natural yoghurt is wot your ment to use...not the normal yogurts u eat in pots

may sound odd but when youve been in the sun all day go in the shower and have it on as hot as u can stand it for about 15 minutes and you shudnt get too red

ReputationRep:
    I've been out in the sun a lot recently, and i've got very pale skin, but I have't burnt yet. I'm very pround of myself! I spend about 20 mins putting Factor 30 on before I go out. Wearing suncream really is a good idea! (its also good if you have a fit guy to rub it in for you! )

ReputationRep:
    I went into the chemist today to find out what they would reccomend....verdict:-
    Calomine Lotion!
    So I'm gonna give that a go later
    How do you buy aloe vera? I mean, du buy it as a cream or something?

ReputationRep:
    I went into the chemist today to find out what they would reccomend....verdict:-
    Calomine Lotion!
    You can buy moisturising creams with it in, or you can buy aloe vera gel. It's wooooonderful

ReputationRep:
    I got slightyl sunburnt today.
    I was sat on one of the benches in the quadrangle at my school all afternoon and when I went back into the main hall, I realsied my arms were burning quite badly. Damn sun and attractiveness of the upper years quadrangle!

Calomine Lotion!
    Whereas I went to the chemist and they told me I should use some random cream for a variety of skin complaints. It really just made it worse..

Went to boots to get Calomine Lotion and they didn't have any!! So I got some moisturiser with aloe vera. I remembered using it a few years ago whilst on holiday-it is quite good!!

ReputationRep:
    Aloe vera is good, if you can get your hands on any that is.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.