The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Andrew000
This is entirely untrue. The only factual information here is that they lost the war. The rest you have made up.

Trust me, it is true.
The German economy was messed up by state interference and Goering's power politics.
The nature of the government intself was chaotic. There were hundreds of bureaucratic agencies with overlapping powers all fighting against each other, their leader all trying to get closer to Hitler.
The fuhrer himself, did not rule the country - he delegated all the policy desicions to his henchmen and stayed at his holiday residence for as long as he could, watching American films. From time to time he emerged, shouted on the radio about the evils of bolshevism, capitalism and the jews and then went away again.
The war itself was lost through his involvement in it.
richardAndr
Well it'd probably be a good idea for the 'bigger boys' to get lives rahter than hanging around on a forum aimed at 14-17 year olds.

Student means someone who studies. Maybe you havent heard of a university? u-n-i-v-e-r-s-i-t-y?
richardAndr
tosser

Aw thanks sweetie.
Reply 63
Andrew000
This is entirely untrue. The only factual information here is that they lost the war. The rest you have made up.

Under the Nazis the vast majority of economic stabilisation was psuedo recovery. Jews, political prisoners and women forced out of profesional work are amongst the vast numbers not included in Employment statistics of the Third Reich. Others who gained employment did so only because of the Rearmament programme and work programmes like building the autobahns, which were a short term solution that Hitler showed little interest in solidifying or makin more long term.
He used HUGE amounts of deficit spending and poured money into the military which didnt provide goods that could be exported.
and thats just the start of the problems he caused with the economy
Reply 64
There goes another unit 6 Edexcel historian
Reply 65
lol sorry :smile: I just cant help myself sometimes. *looks ashamed*
oooh and for the record I did AQA not Edexcel :biggrin:
Reply 66
hey, don't worry, I do it all the time! History is such a great subject!
ArthurOliver
Why White Nationalism? What's wrong with diversity? Why can't we all just get along? Jewish Supremacism

Do you actually believe that s**t? David Duke is National Director of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. He is no more than a anti-semetic Nazi supremacist.
And, interestingly, in 2002 Duke pleaded guilty to tax evasion and fraud and was sentenced to 15 months in jail and a $10,000 fine.
Reply 68
It always come to Hitler doesn't it. God damnit.
thebucketwoman
Do you actually believe that s**t? David Duke is National Director of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. He is no more than a anti-semetic Nazi supremacist.
And, interestingly, in 2002 Duke pleaded guilty to tax evasion and fraud and was sentenced to 15 months in jail and a $10,000 fine.
I wouldn't say David Duke is 'anti-semitic', (I favour one of Bizzy's definitions, 'someone who hates Jews'). I don't think Duke hates Jews, and I don't think he's a supremacist, or a 'Nazi'.

If there are any errors in the book (Jewish Supremacism), do tell. It's a book about racists and supremacists, mainly in their own self-incriminating words. It's limited only to Jewish racists and supremacists, so I would advise further research to get the full picture of hateful religious and community leaders who should be hung, drawn, quartered and blasted into space in a s**t-filled rocket. :biggrin: But it fills a gap in the market I think.

I can understand you being dubious about the Klan thing, a bit eye-popping isn't it. I suppose the fair thing to do is bear in mind that he used to be a Klansman, and now isn't. Benefit of the doubt...We all make mistakes...Any one of us we might have been a Klan leader if things had... :eek: Maybe not.

Thank Bizzy for making me realise that the link would bring greater understanding to our sometimes divided communities. He's a good lad. :smile:

pm me next time btw
ArthurOliver

I can understand you being dubious about the Klan thing, a bit eye-popping isn't it. I suppose the fair thing to do is bear in mind that he used to be a Klansman, and now isn't. Benefit of the doubt...We all make mistakes...Any one of us we might have been a Klan leader if things had... :eek: Maybe not.

Are you saying that the fact he was in a racist, white supremacist cult has absolutely no relevance to the fact that he published a book called 'Jewish supremacism' and other such 'white power' titles? I don't see how his leadership of the KKK can be seperated from the latter in any way.
thebucketwoman
Are you saying that the fact he was in a racist, white supremacist cult has absolutely no relevance to the fact that he published a book called 'Jewish supremacism' and other such 'white power' titles? I don't see how his leadership of the KKK can be seperated from the latter in any way.
I don't know enough about the Klan to say whether it was supremacist or a cult, or enough about Duke to guess at his motives.

Not a reflection on Duke, but I didn't really read much of his commentary, the eye-opening part for me was how Jewish religious and community leaders view Gentile/Jewish relations.

I like to think most Jews are not as foully racist and supremacist as many of their spokesmen are, but as I said elsewhere, human groups tend to judge each other by the conduct of their mutual leaders or most antagonistic members. For that reason I can quite understand why the Foxman crowd so despise Duke.
Reply 72
i belive in a master race, i dont belive there was one, but the nazis tried to create one, i agree with this 100% a few generations down the line, the world would be free of genetic illness we would all be strong and faster. europe would be as one, single currency, single language...all nazi ideas. and bleeding good ideas at that
Reply 73
tktaylor6
i belive in a master race, i dont belive there was one, but the nazis tried to create one, i agree with this 100% a few generations down the line, the world would be free of genetic illness we would all be strong and faster. europe would be as one, single currency, single language...all nazi ideas. and bleeding good ideas at that

Support those statements with a logical proof. Otherwise you just sound like a dumb nazi.. hey, you probably are.
tktaylor6

Wenn Sie die nazistische Einzelsprache (Deutsch) fördern... warum schreiben Sie denn auf Englisch?
Reply 75
tktaylor6
europe would be as one, single currency, single language...all nazi ideas. and bleeding good ideas at that

Umm.. heh. I think a fair few philosophers, Napoleon, Jean Monnet, plenty of Popes and probably a few people in the Holy Roman Empire beat the Nazis to it.
Reply 76
Andrew000
Come now, for the amount of success the Nazis had at home and abroad, there is clearly a huge suggestion that they were successful. Whether or not the ideals are morally acceptable is subject to debate, yet their success experienced cannot be undermined by the anti-semitic values which is all people seem to consider when evaluating the Nazis.

I accept that Hitler was very succesful in certain areas, but Id be interested to know on what grounds you could debate killing 6 million Jews as being morally acceptable.
Reply 77
When Hitler came to power everything in Germany was on the up. It had just, of course, been hit very badly by the great depression, but things had been getting a lot better before the Wall Street Crash thanks to the Stressman era and Germany would have recovered despite of it, Hitler or not. I repeat, when Hitler came to power, Germany, no matter how crappy a situation it was in, was on the way up.

11 years later, Germany is a million times worse off than it was when Hitler came to power. It's economy is in ruins. It is burdened once again by atrocious debt. It has just been defeated in a catastrophic world war by the end of which Germany had found itself at war with almost every nation on Earth. It's horrific crimes against Jews, homosexuals, left wingers, and dissidents - including many of it's own citizens - are beggining to be uncovered. The people of Germany and the late Reich's non-German victims are recovering from an almost unparalleled period of government opression and tyranny. Much of it's urban areas, most notably Dresden and Berlin - once beautiful icons of European architecture - lay in ashes.

And perhaps worst of all, it no longer exists as a political entity. Already the nation is being divided into two by the conquering powers, with Berlin being subdivided. The dreaded Red Army has control of the East, and will set up there a puppet state almost as cruel and oppresive as the Reich. The stage is set for decades of sorrow and seperateness for the German people.

Fantastic. Nazism - what a glorious success story.

Anyone who thinks that Nazism was to any extent successful as a government is blind beyond belief. Whether that blindness is caused by ignorance or just pure, unadulterated stupidity I cannot say. What can be said for certain is that such a viewpoint is an insult to...well....pretty much the entire globe. The German Nazi Party can probably be labelled as the least successful government of recent times. The amount they destroyed in only a space of just over a decade...is phenomonal. They didn't just cause physical ruin...think of the scars they have left upon humanity itself. We will never rid ourselves of them.
Reply 78
Vienna
I accept that Hitler was very succesful in certain areas, but Id be interested to know on what grounds you could debate killing 6 million Jews as being morally acceptable.

As well as the white christians he killed, they are just as important.
Reply 79
Iago
When Hitler came to power everything in Germany was on the up. It had just, of course, been hit very badly by the great depression, but things had been getting a lot better before the Wall Street Crash thanks to the Stressman era and Germany would have recovered despite of it, Hitler or not. I repeat, when Hitler came to power, Germany, no matter how crappy a situation it was in, was on the way up.

11 years later, Germany is a million times worse off than it was when Hitler came to power. It's economy is in ruins. It is burdened once again by atrocious debt. It has just been defeated in a catastrophic world war by the end of which Germany had found itself at war with almost every nation on Earth. It's horrific crimes against Jews, homosexuals, left wingers, and dissidents - including many of it's own citizens - are beggining to be uncovered. The people of Germany and the late Reich's non-German victims are recovering from an almost unparalleled period of government opression and tyranny. Much of it's urban areas, most notably Dresden and Berlin - once beautiful icons of European architecture - lay in ashes.

And perhaps worst of all, it no longer exists as a political entity. Already the nation is being divided into two by the conquering powers, with Berlin being subdivided. The dreaded Red Army has control of the East, and will set up there a puppet state almost as cruel and oppresive as the Reich. The stage is set for decades of sorrow and seperateness for the German people.

Fantastic. Nazism - what a glorious success story.

Anyone who thinks that Nazism was to any extent successful as a government is blind beyond belief. Whether that blindness is caused by ignorance or just pure, unadulterated stupidity I cannot say. What can be said for certain is that such a viewpoint is an insult to...well....pretty much the entire globe. The German Nazi Party can probably be labelled as the least successful government of recent times. The amount they destroyed in only a space of just over a decade...is phenomonal. They didn't just cause physical ruin...think of the scars they have left upon humanity itself. We will never rid ourselves of them.

Well.. the Wehrmacht did have really sexy uniforms..

Latest

Trending

Trending