Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the papper DAILY MAIL about 6 mounts ago was giveing away free stickers to go on the number placts whith the flag on it

ReputationRep:
    Why not stick it elsewhere on the car?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_sand_man)
    the papper DAILY MAIL about 6 mounts ago was giveing away free stickers to go on the number placts whith the flag on it
    yeah we have them personally i don't like them, i think they're ugly! just my opinion....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_sand_man)
    Maybe they could fine the Daily Mail for promoting an illegal practise? :p:

The point is though, he didn't get fined for having an england flag on his number plate, he got fined for having an unauthorised symbol on his number plate, the fact that it was the england flag is irrelevant. If it's illegal, it's illegal, no matter whether there's a 'relaxed' view on it or not, it doesn't make it legal, it just means you're less likely to be pulled up about it.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I am getting very disheartend with th eway many people in the country try to say that because they think a law is stupid or wrong they don't have to go along with it and any effort to enforce the law is against them personally or a step toof ar against peoples rights.

Motoring offenses are the main ones people complain about like this, especially speeding.

But the truth is that a law is a law which needs to be up held no matter whether some people feel it is stupid or un-necessary.

The way to about it if you feel a law is wrong is not to call it stupid and refuse to pay up if you get a fine or start an argument if you get found out. Instead you need to go through proper channels: go visit your MP to see if they can do anything. They might be able to change thigs through a private members bill, or they may be involved in a relevent department or they may be able to bring the issue up in the Commons or talk to someone who an do something about it. If enough people tinkd it's wrong, then more people should try to get things changed and more likely things will be changed.

But causing a fuss about it and trying to make it out to be something which it isn't (in this case saying it's 'anit England flags', when it's really anti-any symbol') is not the way to go about.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.