Turn on thread page Beta

How do you plan on opening/receiving your results? watch

ReputationRep:
    (can't let the gcse forum have better threads!) For me:
    Last year i got my GCSE's over the phone in corfu, I wasn't expecting to get them but was still nervous before hand.

This year I'll be in Corfu again, and will probably ring up and then they'll be sent home, but it'll be hard if my mate has to read out all my UMS scores. Soooo wish i could be there, just for that one day. I get back from my holiday a week later.

Next year I'll be in Uganda with no communication to school when results are out, oh dear!

ReputationRep:
    i'm gonna be in germany when my results come out... actually either germany or belgium... could be doing anything that day from hiking and camping (no phonelines!!!!) or sailing or anything....
    have to phone up my school... along with 5 others who need their results heh... therefore if i don't get what i need i have to call my university from germany :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t125003.html

ReputationRep:
    yes, that's gcse, our results are wwaaaaayyyy more important! And out on a totally different day!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, you people complaining because you're going on holiday to exotic climes? Woe betide me! It's the end of the world! Think of those less fortunate than you. I've never been out of the country.

ReputationRep:
    Umm, gonna go down there, get the letter, open it up, and then what happens next nobody knows :p:

ReputationRep:
    The first 3 years I was there in person, my ASs I did over the phone in Scotland and it was HORRIBLE!! Cos Katt actually opened them on the phone so she didn't know before i did - and i was driving to Girvan with a really crappy signal!! :eek:

This year i'm gonna be there. It's the day after my best girly mate's 18th so we're all gonna go together a little hungover hehe. I'll open them on my own and then *fingers crossed* do cartwheels :p: If it goes badly then i will go sit under a tree (nice thing about our school, very green, lots of trees) and cry. And text Caroline. And call Oxford and BEG!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    Oh dear, you people complaining because you're going on holiday to exotic climes? Woe betide me! It's the end of the world! Think of those less fortunate than you. I've never been out of the country.
    You need a visa to get out of Walthamstow, don't you?

:eek:

I am going to open them and then leave so I don't have to see all the media students getting As.

ReputationRep:
    Erm. I'm going to open them. You know, rip the sealing apart.

ReputationRep:
    Last year I got my results over a phone calling from Poland and secretary gave me just some numbers so I did not realy know my grades until 3 weeks later when results came by post. This year I will go to school in person. I think I will find myself some privet place to open (as far away from examination officer ie my physic teacher as possible).

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to school, see the front sheet for the summary of results. When I get back home, I would look at the individual results sheets from the exam board.

ReputationRep:
    How do you plan on opening/receiving your results?
    Drunk

ReputationRep:
    Probably gonna sit in my car by myself, with my Firm choice uni's admission tutor phone number on speed dial, ready to dial incase I slip a grade under my offer.
    Hopefully, I will not need to press the dial button!

ReputationRep:
    PANIC!!! STRESS AND WORRY the fact i have done hardly any revision due to a bad run of things in my life and HOPE I PASS, if i dont, well work from that, prob ring unis or go through clearing, i will be IN work when the results come out!!! took a gap year, might do some night studying!! FINGERS CROSSED FOR EVERYONE BUT I NEED IT THE MOST!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopz)
    (can't let the gcse forum have better threads!) For me:
    Last year i got my GCSE's over the phone in corfu, I wasn't expecting to get them but was still nervous before hand.

This year I'll be in Corfu again, and will probably ring up and then they'll be sent home, but it'll be hard if my mate has to read out all my UMS scores. Soooo wish i could be there, just for that one day. I get back from my holiday a week later.

Next year I'll be in Uganda with no communication to school when results are out, oh dear!
    I'm having mine posted to me as I'll be travelling back from a holiday in Italy on results day... we'll probably get back in the middle of the night and the first thing I want to do when we get back is to check the post!! I'm going to be so nervous all the way home!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to be around to collect my results - and I'll be missing out on the inevitable night on the town with my friends, but oh well. Life goes on.

ReputationRep:
    last year i bumped into a tree as i opened the envelope. so this year as i collect my a2 results, i'm planning to sit down first and avoid the injuries.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go to school, get them, open them, go to the pub and stay there until about 2am

ReputationRep:
    I plan to go with my friend from the town we live - its an hour and a half journey to my college and then i plan on him opening them for me and just telling me if its a no go or go to university type of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Get two sets of results this year (retook a GCSE) so yeah, great (!)

I might just go into college and open them up by myself - I'll probably avoid friends because either I'll have done so crap that they feel bad, or I may have done well and end up saying the wrong thing.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.