Turn on thread page Beta

How do you plan on opening/receiving your results? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinfantasies)
    Get two sets of results this year (retook a GCSE) so yeah, great (!)

I might just go into college and open them up by myself - I'll probably avoid friends because either I'll have done so crap that they feel bad, or I may have done well and end up saying the wrong thing.
    Yeah, I hate it when you've done better than someone, it's so hard to know what to say without looking like a condescending fool :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I'm gonna go to school, get them, open them, go to the pub and stay there until about 2am
    Do you plan to hide out in the toilets apres 11.30pm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    Do you plan to hide out in the toilets apres 11.30pm?
    :rolleyes:
    Pedant. I just mean I plan to be drinking until the wee hours, not necessarily is the same place.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    Pedant. I just mean I plan to be drinking until the wee hours, not necessarily is the same place.
    It's so great when you have your little fits of pique.

My work here is done.

ReputationRep:

My work here is done.
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Children!

The local bloomin' Radio haunts our school on Results Day.

All these kids weeping about missing their Oxbridge offers get some oversized DJ shoving a microphone under their nose.

ReputationRep:

My work here is done.
    Hmmm, I might let you off. Though Beatles lyrics... bit random!

ReputationRep:
    :mad:
    I've repped you to cheer you up: there's a song an' all.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I might let you off. Though Beatles lyrics... bit random!
    So you're undecided? Perhaps I should piss you off some more then.

ReputationRep:
    So you're undecided? Perhaps I should piss you off some more then.
    Please don't. I'm sat next to a pile of Biology notes and it's all I can do not to cry.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably open my results as soon as I get them and try not to make a big thing about results as there's sure to be some tears at my centre.
    Of course, i'll take my phone just in case I need to ring my firm choice up.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, we don't get ours in envelopes! They just have a sheet of paper withthe school letterhead and give it to us for everyone to look out (and no preparation time either!)

ReputationRep:
    I was here for my GCSE results and I'll be here for my AS results. At GCSE I went in with a friend and her boyfriend, and this year I'll either go in with my best mate or on my own. Last time I was surrounded by friends and teachers and it was really noisy and hectic, which will probably happen again this year. After I've seen my overall grades and looked at my detailed results, ie overall UMS marks for each subject and grades and UMS marks for each module, and talked to all my friends and teachers, I'll just ring my parents and go home.

ReputationRep:
    With AS level results you have to have a calculator handy... tough when you're so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    I plan to be brave and just take a unit in one at a time before actually looking at my overall grades. I remember seeing a school on bbc1 open their results. One girl opened them and said "Yep, just what i expected, dont need to give durham a call"- or something like that, one girl burst into tears, and one boy was so sure he'd done ok, saw his results, and made a quick exit off the camera.

I plan to avoid any TV crews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    With AS level results you have to have a calculator handy... tough when you're so nervous!
    :confused: Why? They're all added up for you.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: Why? They're all added up for you.
    They weren't for us! :s: :confused: We had to sit there with our calculators working out what grades we'd got at AS!

ReputationRep:
    They weren't for us! :s: :confused: We had to sit there with our calculators working out what grades we'd got at AS!
    LOL! That's mad. Were these results sheets from the school? Or exam board? Because I had ones from OCR AQA and Edexcel, and they were all added up and had the grade beside them!

ReputationRep:
    LOL! That's mad. Were these results sheets from the school? Or exam board? Because I had ones from OCR AQA and Edexcel, and they were all added up and had the grade beside them!
    I had ones from AQA and from Edexcel and neither had the grades on or the total mark or anything, just the UMS marks for each module there for you to add up! Not even in order of subject or anything!

ReputationRep:
    I had ones from AQA and from Edexcel and neither had the grades on or the total mark or anything, just the UMS marks for each module there for you to add up! Not even in order of subject or anything!
    Um, weirdness to the extreme!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.