Turn on thread page Beta

How do you plan on opening/receiving your results? watch

ReputationRep:
    I will probably do it in the same style as my GCSE results - walk in, take envelope, refuse to open it for about 30 seconds before realising that I do actually want to know my results then open it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    I had ones from AQA and from Edexcel and neither had the grades on or the total mark or anything, just the UMS marks for each module there for you to add up! Not even in order of subject or anything!

ohh u don't have them added up at AS sometimes because your school might not b ''cashing'' them in..so u gota w8 till after the A2s.i supose theres an advantage to not having them cashed in because u don't hav to then decline them in order to carry on wiv A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    They weren't for us! :s: :confused: We had to sit there with our calculators working out what grades we'd got at AS!
    I had to add my AS grades up at the bus stop, as we weren't really supposed to linger

ReputationRep:
    I'll look at them, and promptly take the rest of the day off work to ring clearing

ReputationRep:
    im gonna grab the envelope, take it to my tutor n get her to tell me whether im goin to uni or not!!!! then double check cos she got it wrong last year!!!! then either cry with happiness or cry with sadness!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe my college is cheap but we don't get envelopes...
    Then again, they do it so you get all your module marks and your final grades are listed on the sheet so you don't have to panic and start adding things up wrong!

I will simply collect my sheet and then look at the results. Lol :P

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this sounds stupid, but why did you all have to add up your marks for the AS results does it not tell you your grade?

ReputationRep:
    Last yeat at AS I got my results over the phone in Menorca....this year unfortunately I have to get them in school...with the teachers looking at me with total disapppointment when I fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swifty)
    Sorry if this sounds stupid, but why did you all have to add up your marks for the AS results does it not tell you your grade?
    It does tell you the grade. Some people want to add up the UMS to see how far they were off a certain grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    It does tell you the grade. Some people want to add up the UMS to see how far they were off a certain grade.
    No, it didn't even say the grade, we had to work that out from the grid on the back of the results slip. I think it's because they hadn't asked us if we wanted them cashing in or not.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else heard of the rumours that you can check whether you've got into uni or not on at midnight 18th Aug? People are saying you cannot as UCAS shuts down the website for 12 hours from midnight onwards, but then there's these rumours! Anyone!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anish1411)
    Has anybody else heard of the rumours that you can check whether you've got into uni or not on at midnight 18th Aug? People are saying you cannot as UCAS shuts down the website for 12 hours from midnight onwards, but then there's these rumours! Anyone!?!?!?!
    You will know if you get accepted on results day. You will be able to check on UCAS track on august 18 from 7am and onwards. In addition, you would recieve a letter from UCAS detailing the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    You will be able to check on UCAS track on august 18 from 7am and onwards
    Somebody said that UCAS Track shuts down from midnight to midday on results day, so it's not possible to do that? And yet others say you can check at midnight. So confusing! If I ask my college they won't give a straight answer :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anish1411)
    Somebody said that UCAS Track shuts down from midnight to midday on results day, so it's not possible to do that? And yet others say you can check at midnight. So confusing! If I ask my college they won't give a straight answer :mad:
    I know you won't be checking at midnight though. I guess I would call UCAS to confirm this concern. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I will take them to the toilet along with my mobile phone in case I need to call my uni.I shall open them then avoid anyone I know because I don't want people knowing my grades,unless they are all A's...which won't happen!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopz)
    (can't let the gcse forum have better threads!) For me:
    Last year i got my GCSE's over the phone in corfu, I wasn't expecting to get them but was still nervous before hand.

This year I'll be in Corfu again, and will probably ring up and then they'll be sent home, but it'll be hard if my mate has to read out all my UMS scores. Soooo wish i could be there, just for that one day. I get back from my holiday a week later.

Next year I'll be in Uganda with no communication to school when results are out, oh dear!
    I plan to arrive at school with a knife in one hand and a plane ticket to Paris in the other. If I get the grades, I'm off to uni in Paris, if I don't helloooo Mr Sharp Knife.

ReputationRep:
    If I get the grades, I will become a dentist and open a dental practice with an illegal brothel upstairs. If I don't get the grades I will become a pimp and open a brothel with an illegal dental practice upstairs

ReputationRep:
    the results wont matter for me (unconditional offer!! yay!)...just want an extra 'A' and 'c' for future careers.
    I will go to college, wait in a massive long queue, mostly quite with a few idiots running around (they r normally the ones who cry)......this yr jus look at UMS marks (just need 64/120!!!) and...........
    JUMP AROUND!

Mandeep

ReputationRep:
    rofl anish
    wish i could rep you for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swifty)
    my AS results didnt have the actual graddes on, instead it was just the UMS numbers which is a pain in the arse cos it takes time to add it all up n see wat uv actually got. so much easier to look at 5 letters

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.