Turn on thread page Beta

How do you plan on opening/receiving your results? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll probs be walking into school and be in tears, open the results and then be in tears!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I hardly ever get nervous in exams anymore either, with the exception of orals, where I completely freak out

Does anyone know whether AS and A2 students go in to get their results at the same time, or is it one in the morning and one in the afternoon?
    For us, AS and A2 students get them at the same time. Several teachers will be giving out results to AS students, while several other teachers will be giving out results to A2 students. Again, it depends on your school (since you are still at school in july, you can ask them this week).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    For us, AS and A2 students get them at the same time. Several teachers will be giving out results to AS students, while several other teachers will be giving out results to A2 students. Again, it depends on your school (since you are still at school in july, you can ask them this week).
    Oh OK. I'd imagine it would be at the same time then since there are only about 200 6th formers at my school. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oh OK. I'd imagine it would be at the same time then since there are only about 200 6th formers at my school. Thanks
    only? I'd say we have 60.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    only? I'd say we have 60.
    :eek: Really? In Years 12 and 13?

ReputationRep:
    You're welome. We have 200 6th formers at our school too. It's going to be 300 by next year. For the time to collect the results, it's usually from 9 or 10am and onwards.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Really? In Years 12 and 13?
    Erm.. YAH, well at the moment it's probaby only 60-odd, with only about 20 A2 people. In september we should be restored to about 80, until people drop like flies :rolleyes:
    My 6th form is in a consortium with 2 other 6th forms and a college so i have people from other schools in some of my classes- (well in german and chemistry)

ReputationRep:
    ours is slightly smaller and yet they still split it so Alevels are at 9am and AS are at 12pm so really dont go by that!

ReputationRep:
    i'll be there at 9 getting mine. nevertheless, it will take a few hours as there are loads of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)
    i'll be there at 9 getting mine. nevertheless, it will take a few hours as there are loads of people.
    Why are you speaking like a 'tard, Sam? LOL.

Anyhow, I don't really care about my results, apart from Geog, so I'll look at that I guess, then go home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LooCee)
    Awww don't be! I've never really been nervous going into exams, but i do get a bit more nervous getting results because i can never tell how i did in the exam so i don't know what to expect. However, after taking a driving test 3 times and failing twice due to extreme nervousness i can understand how many people feel about exams! I found it quite strange that i can go into school exams not feeling too worried but for my driving tests i was perfectly capable of passing but was nervous beyond all belief!
    I'm exactly the same with practical exams! I'm fine in written exams, and don't get the nerves 'til results day, which I've always though is the wrong way round.

As for collecting results, I'll probably do similar to what I did last year; get my results, walk just outside the school building, where it's quieter with less people, look at my results and take them in, then go and talk to my friends and teachers. This year I promised to get one of my friend's results for him as he's on holiday. I don't see the point, I can tell him what he's going to get now. 4 As, 100% in all of them. Clever git.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonnay)
    Why are you speaking like a 'tard, Sam? LOL.

Anyhow, I don't really care about my results, apart from Geog, so I'll look at that I guess, then go home!
    thanks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)
    thanks. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    :eek:
    I just wondered why you said nevertheless, it's a bit random!

ReputationRep:
    Our school has a 6th form of about 300, I'd say, and we have AS and A2 split.

ReputationRep:
    We only have to collect the English exams boards from school and the northern irealnd board results get sent to our house. But my mum went down at 7 and collect my AS results and told the post man what I got before I knew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    We go in at 9 and if memory serves the AS come in at 12 so we can open are results and then there are phones and coputers ready to get on to clearing and Uni incase people have just missed offers
    Unlike last year when i got there 2, i think i will be on time this year incase i didn't get the grades and need to start ringing my Uni's

ReputationRep:
    Do it like a man:cool: - walk it, open it there and then, and walk out! whatever happens, happens...nothing can change that

pk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    Do it like a man:cool: - walk it, open it there and then, and walk out! whatever happens, happens...nothing can change that

pk
    :eek:
    Did that last year.. this year is different though

ReputationRep:
    What I did at GCSE worked pretty well - slide it out of the envelope slowly so that you see the results one at a time and can pause between each one as needed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iceberg_1)
    We go in at 9 and if memory serves the AS come in at 12 so we can open are results and then there are phones and coputers ready to get on to clearing and Uni incase people have just missed offers
    Unlike last year when i got there 2, i think i will be on time this year incase i didn't get the grades and need to start ringing my Uni's
    Cool. We go in at 9am and onwards too. Last year I went at 11am for AS and not many students was there. Lots of eager students got them early, hehe. :p: I will go in at 9am though for A2 if I don't get the grades for university.

That's lucky that you have comptuers and phones ready for UCAS clearing. We don't have those during results day, as the classrooms and library is closed. Nevertheless, we have teachers on hand to help us though.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.