The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I'll probs be walking into school and be in tears, open the results and then be in tears!
Reply 121
kellywood_5
I hardly ever get nervous in exams anymore either, with the exception of orals, where I completely freak out :redface:

Does anyone know whether AS and A2 students go in to get their results at the same time, or is it one in the morning and one in the afternoon?

For us, AS and A2 students get them at the same time. Several teachers will be giving out results to AS students, while several other teachers will be giving out results to A2 students. Again, it depends on your school (since you are still at school in july, you can ask them this week).
trev
For us, AS and A2 students get them at the same time. Several teachers will be giving out results to AS students, while several other teachers will be giving out results to A2 students. Again, it depends on your school (since you are still at school in july, you can ask them this week).

Oh OK. I'd imagine it would be at the same time then since there are only about 200 6th formers at my school. Thanks :smile:
Reply 123
kellywood_5
Oh OK. I'd imagine it would be at the same time then since there are only about 200 6th formers at my school. Thanks :smile:

only? I'd say we have 60.
Saffie
only? I'd say we have 60.

:eek: Really? In Years 12 and 13?
Reply 125
kellywood_5

You're welome. We have 200 6th formers at our school too. It's going to be 300 by next year. For the time to collect the results, it's usually from 9 or 10am and onwards.
Reply 126
kellywood_5
:eek: Really? In Years 12 and 13?

Erm.. YAH, well at the moment it's probaby only 60-odd, with only about 20 A2 people. In september we should be restored to about 80, until people drop like flies :rolleyes:
My 6th form is in a consortium with 2 other 6th forms and a college so i have people from other schools in some of my classes- (well in german and chemistry)
Reply 127
ours is slightly smaller and yet they still split it so Alevels are at 9am and AS are at 12pm so really dont go by that!
Reply 128
i'll be there at 9 getting mine. nevertheless, it will take a few hours as there are loads of people.
Sam_B
i'll be there at 9 getting mine. nevertheless, it will take a few hours as there are loads of people.

Why are you speaking like a 'tard, Sam? LOL.

Anyhow, I don't really care about my results, apart from Geog, so I'll look at that I guess, then go home!
LooCee
Awww don't be! I've never really been nervous going into exams, but i do get a bit more nervous getting results because i can never tell how i did in the exam so i don't know what to expect. However, after taking a driving test 3 times and failing twice due to extreme nervousness i can understand how many people feel about exams! I found it quite strange that i can go into school exams not feeling too worried but for my driving tests i was perfectly capable of passing but was nervous beyond all belief!

I'm exactly the same with practical exams! I'm fine in written exams, and don't get the nerves 'til results day, which I've always though is the wrong way round.

As for collecting results, I'll probably do similar to what I did last year; get my results, walk just outside the school building, where it's quieter with less people, look at my results and take them in, then go and talk to my friends and teachers. This year I promised to get one of my friend's results for him as he's on holiday. I don't see the point, I can tell him what he's going to get now. 4 As, 100% in all of them. Clever git.
Reply 131
Chardonnay
Why are you speaking like a 'tard, Sam? LOL.

Anyhow, I don't really care about my results, apart from Geog, so I'll look at that I guess, then go home!

thanks. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sam_B
thanks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

:eek: :frown:
I just wondered why you said nevertheless, it's a bit random!
Our school has a 6th form of about 300, I'd say, and we have AS and A2 split.
Reply 134
We only have to collect the English exams boards from school and the northern irealnd board results get sent to our house. But my mum went down at 7 and collect my AS results and told the post man what I got before I knew.
Reply 135
trev

We go in at 9 and if memory serves the AS come in at 12 so we can open are results and then there are phones and coputers ready to get on to clearing and Uni incase people have just missed offers
Unlike last year when i got there 2, i think i will be on time this year incase i didn't get the grades and need to start ringing my Uni's
Reply 136
Do it like a man:cool: - walk it, open it there and then, and walk out! whatever happens, happens...nothing can change that:smile:

pk
Reply 137
Phil23
Do it like a man:cool: - walk it, open it there and then, and walk out! whatever happens, happens...nothing can change that:smile:

pk

:eek:
Did that last year.. this year is different though :frown:
Reply 138
What I did at GCSE worked pretty well - slide it out of the envelope slowly so that you see the results one at a time and can pause between each one as needed...
Reply 139
iceberg_1
We go in at 9 and if memory serves the AS come in at 12 so we can open are results and then there are phones and coputers ready to get on to clearing and Uni incase people have just missed offers
Unlike last year when i got there 2, i think i will be on time this year incase i didn't get the grades and need to start ringing my Uni's

Cool. We go in at 9am and onwards too. Last year I went at 11am for AS and not many students was there. Lots of eager students got them early, hehe. :p: I will go in at 9am though for A2 if I don't get the grades for university.

That's lucky that you have comptuers and phones ready for UCAS clearing. We don't have those during results day, as the classrooms and library is closed. Nevertheless, we have teachers on hand to help us though.

Latest