ReputationRep:
    what were you told went you were young that was a load of bull eg
    farther christmas
    the tooth farry
    the boogy man
    any thing else
    and what did u beleave in and do u still beleave in any

ReputationRep:
    That I was a "complete genius" by multiple professionals.

Now I'm lucky to get 135 in an IQ test.

"Neil will be the next Shakespeare". Aye right. Now it's "Neil is going to have to get his act together if he's to achieve what he's capable of." on my report cards.

"You have a pilot's eyes, 20/20 vision, and you will never need glasses." - Optician 3 years ago. "You are short sighted and I'm afraid that you will need glasses of 1.50x magnification." - Optician 2 years ago.

"You'll only have to wear your brace for around half a year" - the orthodontist. Nope, I had to wear it for two years.

"A kilometre is longer than a mile" - some ****** who thought he was intelligent.

Oh, and lastly, whilst I'm whining, I recently found my mother suspected I was autistic for a little while when I was a child. I had strange obsessions, refused to eat foods of certain colour, said really weird stuff. Just brilliant. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    No luck Neil.

Yeh all of the avbove mentioned, I had always a sceptical mind on Santa Claus and Tooth Fairy. Never believed in Bogeyman and was never even told anything about a friggn Easter Bunny.

I don't think it's a bad thing that kids believe in Santa and Tooth Fairy, it does not adversely affect.

Also told 'you'll understand when you are older', which is true, and still is undoubetdly. As you get older you see things clearer and for what they really are.

ReputationRep:
    Me: Where do babies come from?
    My Gran: When mum and dad really love each other, daddy gives mummy a speacial present and after a couple of months a pelican delivers a baby sent by God.
    Me: Oh Ok.

The following week i'm present when my mum gives birth to my sister on our kitchen floor...traumatised for life.

ReputationRep:
    For as long as I can remember I didn't believe in Santa Claus. My little sister was scared of Santa Claus so we had to give up on that one.

I don't think there was anything I believed in that was stupid.

ReputationRep:
    That christmas was cancelled because of margaret thatcher...

ReputationRep:
    me: Are we related to Bryan Robson?
    mother: umm.... yes, yes we are
    me:yay

ReputationRep:
    I was told that if I don't eat, my intestines would coagulate.

ReputationRep:
    Mother: I used to go to school with the Brothers Grimm.

1 weeks later
    Mother: When I went to school, it was an all girls school

2 weeks later
    Me: Hang on a minute...

Well, I was young, at the time I was proud to have worked it out at all!

ReputationRep:
    that if i wondered off from my parents the 'white van man' would get me!!

*looks behind her*

ReputationRep:
    my parents made up this thing like suthor sugo.... im not sure if thats the right spelling, but he lived in our basement and would get me if i was naughty :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_sand_man)
    what were you told went you were young that was a load of bull eg
    farther christmas
    the tooth farry
    the boogy man
    any thing else
    and what did u beleave in and do u still beleave in any
    Funnily enough I was never told ANY of the above - I knew about Father Christmas, obviously, but was never told whether it was true or false - parents have always asked us what we wanted for Christmas and we chose our own pressies

And tooth fairy I think that's an English thing cus I'd never heard of it til I came over to England. I think boogie man probably is an English thing too. I've never believed in monsters under my bed or in my wardrobe either.

I WAS told, however, that if I sat too close to the TV then the TV will come out and suck me into it... not by my parents but by my friend's mum :confused: and also told by my dad's collegues that if I was naughty then these thunder things will chase me and spack me and I won't be able to sit for weeks :confused: However my parents themselves have NEVER scared me like that, nor do I remember any lies like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    Also told 'you'll understand when you are older', which is true, and still is undoubetdly. As you get older you see things clearer and for what they really are.
    Hmmmmm yeh well - sometimes I wish I didn't know some things. Think that's what I've grown to love about kids - just so innocent and carefree and sometimes tbh I reckon I got some things to learn from kids.

ReputationRep:
    I never believed in father christmas etc. but my sister used to always scare me by saying stuff like the green eyed monster is haunting me blah blah

ReputationRep:
    i was told the tooth fairy and easter bunny existed

my mummy also told me i was speshial because i can twist my right arm all the way around lol

ReputationRep:
    me: mummy ,why is that man hitting the old woman and taking her bag?

mum
    : errrm...cos thats how you say bye in london.

me: oh. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    if my plate wasn't clean at the end of the meal (if i didn't eat every last morsel on my plate), my future husband would have a super pimply face.. didn't really believe it, but i thot just in case. till today i eat everything on my plate (almost always anyway, gotta watch my wt afterall.)

ReputationRep:
    That my dad wrote Baywatch because he knew what was going to happen before it did. I can't believe I fell for it.

ReputationRep:
    The Boogy Man. it was around november and i was about 6 i think. i was having ago at my mom about something and the next minute the door knocked really loudly. my mom said "thats the boogy man out to get you" i cried so much i didnt want her to open the door. we still don't know who knocked at the door.

(Original post by thekillersrock)
    That christmas was cancelled because of margaret thatcher...
    :eek:

Sorry but that is brilliant!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2005
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.