Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I broke my arm by falling off my bike 2 days before i finished my alevels (monday) so cant write. The bike was serviced less than 2months ago and the front brake cable just snapped; the back break was still not working properally even after it was serviced.. this meant i was zooming down a steepish hill full of cars trying to break to no avail. I realised i couldnt stop so made myself fall off before i got to some crossroads i knew were at the bottom.
    Now, I dont mean to bring corporate america's culture over here but i think i could quite possibly sue them, to be fair if id been going any faster it could have been considerably worse..I already have missed my exams n have a sling. It also means I cant work for a couple of weeks. Anyone else had anexperiance with injury lawyers, are they all a bunch of ******s?
    Could do with the money for travelling in my gap year..but it is very harsh on the shop who it involves.
    (also is slightly de moralisiing and inflates the prices of lawyers)
    Dont really know what to do

ReputationRep:
    ouch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joetheking)
    I broke my arm by falling off my bike 2 days before i finished my alevels (monday) so cant write. The bike was serviced less than 2months ago and the front brake cable just snapped; the back break was still not working properally even after it was serviced.. this meant i was zooming down a steepish hill full of cars trying to break to no avail. I realised i couldnt stop so made myself fall off before i got to some crossroads i knew were at the bottom.
    Now, I dont mean to bring corporate america's culture over here but i think i could quite possibly sue them, to be fair if id been going any faster it could have been considerably worse..I already have missed my exams n have a sling. It also means I cant work for a couple of weeks. Anyone else had anexperiance with injury lawyers, are they all a bunch of ******s?
    Could do with the money for travelling in my gap year..but it is very harsh on the shop who it involves.
    (also is slightly de moralisiing and inflates the prices of lawyers)
    Dont really know what to do
    I think I am right in saying that they SHOULD have insurance to protect against people like you, that would pay out on any claim won in court. Their premiums would probably go up, but they wouldn't have to pay out the lump sum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joetheking)
    the back break was still not working properally even after it was serviced..
    Did you know the back brake wasn't working? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHA! sorry......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhayleyxx)
    HAHAHA! sorry......

:eek: Rude.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, I did something similar, back brake wasn't tight enough so I slammed the front on, bike was new and I had never used the front brakes so it stopped instantly, bounced on the suspension and I went straight over the handlebars.

You were well unlucky to break your arm, (luckily!) I landed on my head so the helmet took all the impact and I just had a sore neck and aches all over for a couple of weeks.

You might as well ring one of them personal injury companies - if they don't think that you'll win, then they won't take the case on - and the company that sold/serviced the bike should have public liability insurance to cover the cost of faults/defects in their work.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.