Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, i was caught shop lifting yesterday! i totally didnt mean it to happen. i was in Boots and i was really hungry, seriously like i felt sick from hunger, and in Boots they have these realy yummy pastas, i really wanted one, but i didnt have any money, so my friend took one and slipped it in her bag, she told me to do the same so i did. then i saw these fake nails which i really needed for the leavers ball, so i thought it would be alrite if i took them. i have never ever done this before in my life and i dont know what came over me. then as we were walkin out of the shop the security guards came over and said blah blah blah, then they took us to some room where they called in the police. me and my friends were ******** ourselves. they took our details, but because i was so scared and i didnt want to get in trouble, i gave them a fake address and telephone number. they blabbed on about how we are gonna get cautioned and taken to a police station with our parents because we are not 17 yet, and we wil have to pay to cover the cost of the stuff we took, the police wages and the store managers wages! they even took our photos which they will send to every Boots in the country, and we are banned from Boots for a year! anyway, they let us go, and i told me friends that i gave fake info, then they said that i should go and tell them coz it would be worse if i dont, so we saw the police driving away and we stopped them and told them and they took us to the police station, they were furious with me, but grateful at the same time for telling them my real details.
    Now the hard thing is telling my parents! I cant belive this happend to me coz i have never done it before, and i know loads of people who do it all the time and never get caught, or if they do, they only get a warning, which is not bad at all. What am i gonna do? im so scared. me and my friends are going to church today to confess. I am really worried about how my dad will react, because before when i swore at some horrible women my dad found out and hit me round the head with his massive hands and gave me a headache for about 3 days and could have caused me brain damage. So hows he gonna react to this! im so scared

ReputationRep:
    I hope you learnt from it, unless you're the planets top master thief (who probably wouldn't stea from boots anyway) it's probably best to not shop lift.
    Next time you're out make sure you have some money.

And also seriously if your dad hits you that hard, it's wrong and you should tell someone.

ReputationRep:
    Fess up tp your parents and be prepared for whtever punishment they give you. Better you telling them than the police turning up on the doorstep.

ReputationRep:
    that was rather silly wasn't it.. just coz other ppl get away with it doesn't mean you should do it. Hope you learnt your lesson..

ReputationRep:
    Dont say that! I didnt want to do it! i told you i didnt want to, my friends said i should do, and i was gullable. please dont say that it was silly and i shouldnt have done it, i know i shouldnt have done it. I am so upset and scared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
    Dont say that! I didnt want to do it! i told you i didnt want to, my friends said i should do, and i was gullable. please dont say that it was silly and i shouldnt have done it, i know i shouldnt have done it. I am so upset and scared.
    Look - no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. That's how we learn.

Maybe rethink who you cruise around the city with...

Motherless Child
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Giving fake info to the police?!? Mabye you shouldn't mention THAT particular detail, but you should still tell your parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewsJoseph)
    Giving fake info to the police?!? Mabye you shouldn't mention THAT particular detail, but you should still tell your parents.
    yer i did it coz i was scared, but now iv told the police, so they said its good that i told them.

ReputationRep:
    yer i did it coz i was scared, but now iv told the police, so they said its good that i told them.
    so what are you going to do about telling your parents?

ReputationRep:
    Tell them. They won't kill you.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry dear. I believe u didn't mean to do it. Anyone as upset as you right now surely feels regret about what he/she did. Just don't do it again, tell you parents and be aware that it's not the end of your life. You'll live long and prosper if you feel, think and act the right way.

ReputationRep:
    Bad thinks happen he have to just adapt. A few years ago while I was in college in the other side of Manchester I lost my megarider (weekly bus pass) and I only had 50p on me.

I had to walk home it was 2 hour and 6 mile walk, I didn't start trying to cheat a bus ride with a ticket I didn't have.

You can't steal things just becuase you're hungery, you should get a police warning for that.

Sorry if I sound harsh but my uncle owns a shop and so does my cousin, its a serious problem and causes shop keepers to put their prices up.

If you have learn't your lesson and you will never do it again then there is no real harm done. Certainly if you do get a caution and ever get caught again shop lifting in the next 7 years you will end up with a crinimal record.

Also I would adivce to keep away from so called friends that encourage you to get into trouble with the law. Don't let them drag you down to their level.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, your in a pretty messed up situation.

How old are you?

edit/ just check your profile; you 15.
    I guess you'll just have to tell your parents, and learn from your mistake.
    But be prepared for a few months of unpleasantness.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I know someone who shoplifted from his own father's shop while on work experience there. Crazy or what?!?

ReputationRep:
    Just because your friends told you to do it doesn't make it ok.

Tell your parents asap, and say how sorry you are, that you'll never do it again, and you'll do whatever to make it up to them

ReputationRep:
    People who say 'I didn't want to do it' need their heads looking at! :mad:

You're not a robot ~cherrykisses~, and it's about time you took responsibility for what YOU did. If you are intimidated into doing things by your friends, that's a different matter, and not an excuse for shoplifting. And by doing what your friend said you aren't helping her either - you're legitimising her own stealing.

1. You were silly; and 2. you shoudn't have done it. End of story.

But, the best you can make of the situation now is to tell your parents, explain how remorseful you feel, and move on.

Next time you get into any kind of situation where your friend tries to make you do something, remember that any consequences will affect you, not her - and don't be so pathetically easy to walk over.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they wont turn up?

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, i was caught shop lifting yesterday! i totally didnt mean it to happen. i was in Boots and i was really hungry, seriously like i felt sick from hunger, and in Boots they have these realy yummy pastas, i really wanted one, but i didnt have any money, so my friend took one and slipped it in her bag, she told me to do the same so i did. then i saw these fake nails which i really needed for the leavers ball, so i thought it would be alrite if i took them. i have never ever done this before in my life and i dont know what came over me. then as we were walkin out of the shop the security guards came over and said blah blah blah, then they took us to some room where they called in the police. me and my friends were shiting ourselves. they took our details, but because i was so scared and i didnt want to get in trouble, i gave them a fake address and telephone number. they blabbed on about how we are gonna get cautioned and taken to a police station with our parents because we are not 17 yet, and we wil have to pay to cover the cost of the stuff we took, the police wages and the store managers wages! they even took our photos which they will send to every Boots in the country, and we are banned from Boots for a year! anyway, they let us go, and i told me friends that i gave fake info, then they said that i should go and tell them coz it would be worse if i dont, so we saw the police driving away and we stopped them and told them and they took us to the police station, they were furious with me, but grateful at the same time for telling them my real details.
    Now the hard thing is telling my parents! I cant belive this happend to me coz i have never done it before, and i know loads of people who do it all the time and never get caught, or if they do, they only get a warning, which is not bad at all. What am i gonna do? im so scared. me and my friends are going to church today to confess. I am really worried about how my dad will react, because before when i swore at some horrible women my dad found out and hit me round the head with his massive hands and gave me a headache for about 3 days and could have caused me brain damage. So hows he gonna react to this! im so scared
    Its called guilt you poor thing. Oh well, you shouldn't have done it in the first place. Remember though, if you are hit like you say you were, its called assult, and i think if your dad does that to you you shoudl call the police yourself. Hopefully uoir parents will see that you have known that what you did was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    You've just gotta be honest with your parents... and be prepared to take whatever punishment they dish out. But at least they'll respect you for being honest with them.

Now you've got to make sure it never happens again, and re-build the trust between you and your parents.

ReputationRep:
    a) you were dumb going back and telling them about fake info
    b) you were even dumber to shop lift.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.