Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
    oh dear, i was caught shop lifting yesterday! i totally didnt mean it to happen. i was in Boots and i was really hungry, seriously like i felt sick from hunger, and in Boots they have these realy yummy pastas, i really wanted one, but i didnt have any money, so my friend took one and slipped it in her bag, she told me to do the same so i did. then i saw these fake nails which i really needed for the leavers ball, so i thought it would be alrite if i took them. i have never ever done this before in my life and i dont know what came over me. then as we were walkin out of the shop the security guards came over and said blah blah blah, then they took us to some room where they called in the police. me and my friends were shiting ourselves. they took our details, but because i was so scared and i didnt want to get in trouble, i gave them a fake address and telephone number. they blabbed on about how we are gonna get cautioned and taken to a police station with our parents because we are not 17 yet, and we wil have to pay to cover the cost of the stuff we took, the police wages and the store managers wages! they even took our photos which they will send to every Boots in the country, and we are banned from Boots for a year! anyway, they let us go, and i told me friends that i gave fake info, then they said that i should go and tell them coz it would be worse if i dont, so we saw the police driving away and we stopped them and told them and they took us to the police station, they were furious with me, but grateful at the same time for telling them my real details.
    Now the hard thing is telling my parents! I cant belive this happend to me coz i have never done it before, and i know loads of people who do it all the time and never get caught, or if they do, they only get a warning, which is not bad at all. What am i gonna do? im so scared. me and my friends are going to church today to confess. I am really worried about how my dad will react, because before when i swore at some horrible women my dad found out and hit me round the head with his massive hands and gave me a headache for about 3 days and could have caused me brain damage. So hows he gonna react to this! im so scared
    *looks at huge wod of text*

Why have people lost the ability to structure their sentences and paragraphs? That is about the most unaccessible piece of text i have ever seen.
    Do you know where on your keyboard "enter" is?

ReputationRep:
    Dont say that! I didnt want to do it! i told you i didnt want to, my friends said i should do, and i was gullable. please dont say that it was silly and i shouldnt have done it, i know i shouldnt have done it. I am so upset and scared.
    Do you always do what your friends tell you to do?

Like the others, I would advise you to tell your parents (perhaps start with your mother if you feel your father might react badly). Learn from this unpleasant experience and don't let yourself end up in this situation again.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, i was caught shop lifting yesterday! i totally didnt mean it to happen. i was in Boots and i was really hungry, seriously like i felt sick from hunger, and in Boots they have these realy yummy pastas, i really wanted one, but i didnt have any money, so my friend took one and slipped it in her bag, she told me to do the same so i did. then i saw these fake nails which i really needed for the leavers ball, so i thought it would be alrite if i took them. i have never ever done this before in my life and i dont know what came over me. then as we were walkin out of the shop the security guards came over and said blah blah blah, then they took us to some room where they called in the police. me and my friends were shiting ourselves. they took our details, but because i was so scared and i didnt want to get in trouble, i gave them a fake address and telephone number. they blabbed on about how we are gonna get cautioned and taken to a police station with our parents because we are not 17 yet, and we wil have to pay to cover the cost of the stuff we took, the police wages and the store managers wages! they even took our photos which they will send to every Boots in the country, and we are banned from Boots for a year! anyway, they let us go, and i told me friends that i gave fake info, then they said that i should go and tell them coz it would be worse if i dont, so we saw the police driving away and we stopped them and told them and they took us to the police station, they were furious with me, but grateful at the same time for telling them my real details.
    Now the hard thing is telling my parents! I cant belive this happend to me coz i have never done it before, and i know loads of people who do it all the time and never get caught, or if they do, they only get a warning, which is not bad at all. What am i gonna do? im so scared. me and my friends are going to church today to confess. I am really worried about how my dad will react, because before when i swore at some horrible women my dad found out and hit me round the head with his massive hands and gave me a headache for about 3 days and could have caused me brain damage. So hows he gonna react to this! im so scared
    You have been charged under section 9 subsection 1 part B of the Theft Act 1968 how do you plead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    *looks at huge wod of text*

Why have people lost the ability to structure their sentences and paragraphs? That is about the most unaccessible piece of text i have ever seen.
    Do you know where on your keyboard "enter" is?
    Beekeeper,

As much as I may agree with you on the importance of writing good English, your comments here aren't very constructive. In any case, there are plenty of posts on TSR which are guilty of far worse linguistic transgressions - perhaps you should concentrate on those...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You have been charged under section 9 subsection 1 part B of the Theft Act 1968 how do you plead?
    The worst thing I've ever done is take a drumstick from Woolwoths when I was ten....... oh and countless grapes from Tescos (so tempting)

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding me?
    They got special cops in Surrey or something? Theres no way that they would even call the police let alone make you pay for the items, police wages and shop staff wages...and it was over a freaking pasta!!
    They aint gonna give a warning over a pot of pasta! Stoopid!

I've been to prison...and cops are pretty lenient...I know dudes get let off for drugs and ish...

Smh @ your story writing skills...

ReputationRep:
    Likelihood is, if they were going to issue a warning, they'd've taken you straight to the police station. They can't make you pay all that, I think the security guards were probably just trying to scare you... and looks like they've done a pretty good job.

I'd tell your mum on her own, be completely honest, then take her advice on how to tell your dad - after all, she probably knows him better than anyone.
    Good luck (and don't do it again)
    skevvybritt x

ReputationRep:
    Where in Surrey were you? Which Boots was it? I know people who work in Boots.

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO! you are so dumb! "we're going to amke you pay for the wages of the police" LOL!!! How could you fall for such obvious ********?! They were clearly trying to scare you and as skevvy said if they were going to do anything they would have taken you to the station straight away! Jeez why would you go back and tell them you lied?! In the first place you;re dumb for bothering to risk shoplifting for pasta and fake nails, you're dumb for getting caught and you're most dumb cos you could have got away with it!

*tut* the youth of today

ReputationRep:
    Dont say that! I didnt want to do it! i told you i didnt want to, my friends said i should do, and i was gullable. please dont say that it was silly and i shouldnt have done it, i know i shouldnt have done it. I am so upset and scared.
    If your friends are telling you to do something that you know is wrong firstly don't do it just cos they do and secondly they're not friends worth having. Find some friends who have their brains in the right place!

ReputationRep:
    ive been caught at this before. Youve done it, so you gotta face the consequences. Youll be a better person for facing up to them.

If they want an explination, try "I was testing my boundaries"

ReputationRep:
    well, i told my mum - she said she is ashamed of me, then i burst out crying and she hugged me and said she foregives me, then she told my dad - he was furious. he hit me on the forehead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    Where in Surrey were you? Which Boots was it? I know people who work in Boots.
    i live in horley, but the boots i went to was in crawley county mall

ReputationRep:
    have a hug dear - your dad sucks

ReputationRep:
    i'd be sympathetic, but then again you are a fool, so i wont be.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not condoning the shop lifting - i think that's awful - but being hit sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    I'm not condoning the shop lifting - i think that's awful - but being hit sucks
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    That was clever. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes she does deserve some kind of consequences for her actions but it's quite clear that she feels a great deal of guilt and remorse and I imagine she has learned not to go around stealing from shops from the scare the police have given her. There is nothing to be gained and everything to be lost by 'beating' her as you put it or hitting her on the head. It's wrong. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Don't steal. You did and must face the consequences.

If you weren't caught, would you even have given it a second thought?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.