Awwwwwww... There there. Its for the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    your dad hits you?
    yes thats why I like boarding school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rising_heat)
    yes thats why I like boarding school
    Where do you live? That is illegal and you can report him.

ReputationRep:
    Beaulieu in Hampshire. He only hits me if I've done stuff wrong. But bruises are only material, I love him and thats that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe this. Do you really want to see her parents locked up or something - the parents I presume she loves?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rising_heat)
    Beaulieu in Hampshire. He only hits me if I've done stuff wrong. But bruises are only material, I love him and thats that.
    whats the sharpest and biggest object he has lobbed at you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    I don't believe this. Do you really want to see her parents locked up or something - the parents I presume she loves?!
    the parents i presume love her and so demonstrate their love by lobbing concrete bricks at her :rolleyes: i rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. You're really taking the pee now. Why do you people always have to go over the top about these things?! I say beating, somebody assumed beaten black and blue. Somebody else thinks its equivalent to shooting people for minor offences and now you think that a parent would seriously do something like that? Steady on guys...

ReputationRep:
    whats the sharpest and biggest object he has lobbed at you?
    A rotten log which exploded when it hit me, we were gardening and he was pissed off

Oh and I'm a guy

ReputationRep:
    the parents i presume love her and so demonstrate their love by lobbing concrete bricks at her :rolleyes: i rest my case.
    No just forget it..... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    LOL. You're really taking the pee now. Why do you people always have to go over the top about these things?! I say beating, somebody assumed beaten black and blue. Somebody else thinks its equivalent to shooting people for minor offences and now you think that a parent would seriously do something like that? Steady on guys...
    I think rising_heat (why are we discussing him btw, what did he do?) should get yelled at if he did do something, but to condone Grevious Bodily Harm from his parents as a mean to prevent him from carrying out the same crime/offence is stupid, and such lines of thought do not deserve a mention in our democratic society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Mann)
    The one that doesn't show remorse.If you want to get off taking the piss out of people who have made one bad decision and show regret for it that's your decision. Criminals come about in this society because people like you label them so. One act + remorse = not a criminal make leave the poor girl alone.

Although admittedly posting it on a public forum isn't the best thing to do for one's self esteem. Hope you've taken something from it.
    Certainly not on this bl**dy forum anyway.

Isn't this supposed to be a 'support' thread? Or is it a Opportunity to Wallow in Self Righteousness thread?

Sweetie, you're clearly remorseful. Learn from it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)

Isn't this supposed to be a 'support' thread? Or is it a Opportunity to Wallow in Self Righteousness thread?

Well said. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)

Very well said. :top: I must admit that, while I hate crime in all aspects, I do feel sorry for ~cherrykisses~. She is evidently not a master criminal who excels in breaking the law and consistently evades the police & commits crimes. IMO there is a difference here - people who deserved to be criticised for stealing are those who always do it, without any second thought or consience (sp?). Whereas ~cherrykisses~ is, for one, a first-time offender. She also did the right thing by giving the correct details, and has shown a lot of remorse for what she did. Ramroff, does it matter if she is religious? Just because you don't attend church every day doesn't mean you can't try to repent, or look for guidance in times of need. I don't think of myself as religious, yet I still look to God in times of trouble. Does this mean I should go to church everyday, and become a vegan, etc.? No. I think it's time we all stopped being so "holier-than-thou" about this.

Just my opinion - if you don't like it, please don't flame me! :penguin:

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Its one of Lifes mistakes.. You get it over and done with and move on. At least you have told your Parents, But seriously I wouldnt let your dad do that.

I mean what are parents trying to do? Operantly condition their kids to keep on the straight and narrow? I know alot of people think that its ok for paretns to hit their kids to stop them doing something, But who are we not to say those arent the generation filling up the psychologist offices in 20 years?

ReputationRep:
    here is my advice kid, leave ure friend.. dont go wif her anymore or at least keep company with her.. she is a badddd friend

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how someone can not mean to shoplift- surely you did mean to else you wouldn't have done it. And you did it twice, first taking the pasta and then the fake nails. You meant to do both those things. Would you be this sorry or guilty if you hadn't got caught? It seems to me the remorse is only really triggered by the fear of punishment. I'm sure you're upset and I sympathise but frankly don't do things you know are wrong (and even worse; get caught doing it) and not expect some punishment.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.