The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You just meet friends, have a drink and get drunk if you want to, and there are variety of activities to do too. When you get accepted to uni, there would be a freshers pack, so you know what things are happening and what you are going to do.
Reply 2
Yep.
ArchiBoi
one of my friends said its a shag fest is this true?

Hopefully :wink: But seriously basically what Trev said plusi guess you'd join societies get to know the uni/town, mainly all based around meeting new people.
Reply 4
ArchiBoi
What appens in freshers week? one of my friends said its a shag fest is this true?

the union has events on every night (at Dundee they have different stuff on in mono and floor 5 so you geta choice), last year we had tim westwood, groove armada, zane lowe, dogs die in hot cars, biffy clyro... was a pretty decent week.

oh and be prepared for lots of 5am deep and meaningfuls with your new flatmates about silly things (our topic of choice last year was how asda/tesco stop the trolleys being taken out the carpark) and all talking about your friends from home... then when you go home all you'll do is talk about your friends from uni.

and yes there is a lot of bedhopping etc. (there was in our flat anyway)

lou xxx
Reply 6
Most people say that it's blown out of proportion and that there isn't really that much sex.
ArchiBoi
What appens in freshers week? one of my friends said its a shag fest is this true?

Sex is strictly prohibited; as is drinking. Everybody has to attend morning and evening services at the university chapel. At all other times, you're confined to your room - where it is expected that you'll be engaging in acts of silent prayer (on your own). The Union will be the venue for a week-long art & crafts fair, where saggy-breasted members of the local WI will showcase their handiwork, whilst hawking plum conserve. They will also be your only hope of a shag; although they can't quite muster up the energy for a "fest".

Enjoy. :smile:
Reply 8
Lol

i dont really believe in one night stands anyway lol. I was just finding out if what my friend said was true lol. cheers
ArchiBoi
Lol

i dont really believe in one night stands anyway lol. I was just finding out if what my friend said was true lol. cheers

It's always "one of my friends said", isn't it? Why can't you just fess up to wanting to ravage the entire female population (bar the heffers) of the university you end up in this autumn? It's not a crime afterall: and in the eyes of most redblooded males - it's an admirable goal.

I'm only playing. :wink:
Reply 10
ArchiBoi
Lol

oh yeh i just remembered we have gaude night too... basically you get a senior of the opposite sex who gets you very drunk and then you return the favour several weeks later once you'e settled in. all the stuff we got on it last year said most people would sleep with their seniors, but i don't know anyone who did

lou xxx
Reply 11
mobb_theprequel
Sex is strictly prohibited; as is drinking. Everybody has to attend morning and evening services at the university chapel. At all other times, you're confined to your room - where it is expected that you'll be engaging in acts of silent prayer (on your own). The Union will be the venue for a week-long art & crafts fair, where saggy-breasted members of the local WI will showcase their handiwork, whilst hawking plum conserve. They will also be your only hope of a shag; although they can't quite muster up the energy for a "fest".

Enjoy. :smile:

HAHAHA :rofl:

Awwwww man =(
Reply 12
I'm on the fresher's crew this year at my uni, so hope there's loadsa shagging!!

I know a fiar bit went on when I was a fresher. And from what passed fresher's crew people have told me, the parties arranged for the crew kinda revolve around pulling.

Happy days!
Reply 13
lou p
oh yeh i just remembered we have gaude night too... basically you get a senior of the opposite sex who gets you very drunk and then you return the favour several weeks later once you'e settled in. all the stuff we got on it last year said most people would sleep with their seniors, but i don't know anyone who did

lou xxx

What uni you at.. that's a wicked idea that senior thing!
Reply 14
lou's at dundee
Reply 15
Cheers.... going to sugges that idea for our fresher's week next year, might get to be an organiser!!! Doubt it!
Reply 16
trouttrout
I'm on the fresher's crew this year at my uni, so hope there's loadsa shagging!!

I know a fiar bit went on when I was a fresher. And from what passed fresher's crew people have told me, the parties arranged for the crew kinda revolve around pulling.

Happy days!

Wow, how classy and cool you sound :rolleyes:

Probably because my university is strange, but there wasn't that much, if any, sex in Freshers' Week, people took a while to get to know each other before the rampant pulling started and even then it's much tamer than other universities, by all accounts, though really it's probably a few people making a big noise about it rather than everyone at it.
Reply 17
I certainly will not be sleeping with anyone during Freshers' Week. I would advise anyone not to - think of what it would do for your reputation. You'd be branded a slut or a man ***** for the duration fo university. It's also embarrassing to think that people will look back and you and just remember someone who was too easy.
Reply 18
Rebecca/Becca
Freshers' Week = awesome!
Apart from regestering my modules :mad: That took me 4 hours.

How did you register? Do you just fill in a form or what? :redface:
Reply 19
Also, waiting to sleep with someone is like soooo 2005. It's cheap, crass and ming ding to have one night stands now. I feel this concept has emerged very sort of circa April/May '05.

Latest

Trending

Trending