Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be stupid to just go and sleep with random people during freshers, you don't know them, you'll probably be really embarassed about it all later and you don't really want to be known as the sort who had one night stands with random people during freshers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    I certainly will not be sleeping with anyone during Freshers' Week. I would advise anyone not to - think of what it would do for your reputation. You'd be branded a slut or a man ***** for the duration fo university. It's also embarrassing to think that people will look back and you and just remember someone who was too easy.
    Nobody calls you a ****. It's what happens at uni. You're goin to have a shock if you think it's going to be like that!

I know abird that has practically shagged the footy team.. happy days. You go girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Wow, how classy and cool you sound :rolleyes:

Probably because my university is strange, but there wasn't that much, if any, sex in Freshers' Week, people took a while to get to know each other before the rampant pulling started and even then it's much tamer than other universities, by all accounts, though really it's probably a few people making a big noise about it rather than everyone at it.
    Perhaps if you went to my uni you'd see what I mean, not a snobby one like yours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trouttrout)
    Perhaps if you went to my uni you'd see what I mean, not a snobby one like yours!
    I don't think not being a bunch of loose ****s qualifies "snobbery".

ReputationRep:
    Nobody calls you a ****. It's what happens at uni. You're goin to have a shock if you think it's going to be like that!

I know abird that has practically shagged the footy team.. happy days. You go girl!
    That's Newcastle for you :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    I don't think not being a bunch of loose ****s qualifies "snobbery".
    I agree and while it's important to have fun I hope I meet people with a little more depth at university than those who think freshers week revolves around sex.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on!! Lighten up people!!

Freshers = time to get absolutely smashed, hopefully sleep with copius amounts of women, stay up until 8am- go to sleep - wake up at 6pm and go do the same again..

Get some fun in your life people...the education stuff can happen afterwards or during the 2nd year

ReputationRep:

But then the girl you mention has a *reputation* for having shagged the footy team! So you inhibit your point! It's not good to have a reputation for being an easy munter*

*Btw I'm not a prude lol, I'm always up for some sex, but just not with random ppl on freshers week!

ReputationRep:
    People need to get a life badly... especially these lads. We all know lads can get away with sleeping around, and now women can too.. so lets do it! It's good!!

GEEKS!!! These are the ones that will be getting their reading lists bought in fresher's week!

ReputationRep:
    People need to get a life badly... especially these lads. We all know lads can get away with sleeping around, and now women can too.. so lets do it! It's good!!

GEEKS!!! These are the ones that will be getting their reading lists bought in fresher's week!
    *salutes*

ReputationRep:

Lol I'm no geek hunny. I'm all up for a laugh as much as the next gay boy.

But surely you must see the point that freshers' week shouldn't really be about shagging around, more about meeting people and making friends?!! I think it's a sad reflection of society that we can't wait a bit before fcking someones brains out. I've been there, done that, and will prefer to wait in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't want a meaningless one night stand either, what's the point? Once you've been there done that a few times you realise it's just that you're getting x amount of time of satisfaction and then you're all alone again, I'd much rather be in a serious, commited relationship (with sex pretty much whenever I want it too!)

^especially if you have to see the person again, how uncomfortable you feel, especially if you don't like them, were drunk etc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawrence4)
    I'd much rather be in a serious, commited relationship (with sex pretty much whenever I want it too!)
    Obviously...but that aint gonna happen during Freshers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billistic)
    Obviously...but that aint gonna happen during Freshers
    lol already got it , yeh I agree though if you're not in a relationship, not ready for a commited one etc. then you might want to have a one night stand, especially some people....

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised... one of my sisters mates met her boyfriend during freshers week and he never went back to his room... ever... literally :confused:

And one of her flatmates has barely returned to their flat since freshers either... he just lives at Falulahs!! :eek:

(Now who was talking about newcastle )

ReputationRep:

There's nothing wrong with sex but aren't you being just a little narrow minded by labelling people with a negative stereotype just because they might not want to sleep around? :rolleyes:
    Are you going to university to have as much sex as possible or to meet people, broaden your horizons and get a good education that will boost your career prospects? If it's the former then why not just save your money and rent a house in amsterdam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Are you going to university to have as much sex as possible or to meet people, broaden your horizons and get a good education that will boost your career prospects? If it's the former then why not just save your money and rent a house in amsterdam?
    lmao :p:

ReputationRep:
    Got to uni to meet people and get educated of course ya do. But also go to get laid... only young once!

ReputationRep:
    Uni is about the crack nothing else be the best 3 years of your life so do as much as poss! (beer/women not work naturally)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billistic)
    Oh come on!! Lighten up people!!

Freshers = time to get absolutely smashed, hopefully sleep with copius amounts of women, stay up until 8am- go to sleep - wake up at 6pm and go do the same again..

Get some fun in your life people...the education stuff can happen afterwards or during the 2nd year
    Like I said, I go to a strange university (albeit an absolutely awesomely kickass one) and things seem somewhat different. Call me a prude if you like but I don't get kicks out of random meaningless sex. Far rather stick with my boy thank you - I've had more fun with him than in months of pulling whoever I felt like.

Some people will have lots of sex. Some will have none. Truth is most people are somewhere in between regardless of what all you people (most of whom aren't at uni yet) care to think. Just don't judge people on it.

And cut the ****ging match or I'll have to get my mod hat on. :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.