Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right you know when lipids get digested they get transported to the epithelial cells with the help of micelles, and then get resynthesised in the cell dont they?
    if i had to write an essay about how lipids get from a sample of food to be made into say a moleucle in adipose tissue, how does it actually happen?

I mean, for protein i would say how the amino acids are assembled by the ribosomes etc, but how exactly do lipids get converted into what they are needed for? Do they just go into the golgi apparatus and then get modified?

Sooo confused and Im worried its gonna come up as an essay in my exam

ReputationRep:
    :bebored: anyone?!

ReputationRep:
    that wont come up...not in syllabus

ReputationRep:
    it will just ask structure and functions of lipids

ReputationRep:
    r u sure? im really worried the synoptic essay will be based on lipids :eek:
    Well if your right thats a load of my mind thank you

ReputationRep:
    make sure u do an introduction and a conclusion...i think u get 2 marks for layout...and for the plan..its easier to do a brainstorm and put everythin u can think off...saves time...and it helps alot when ur writing the essay.

ReputationRep:
    Lipids.

Digestion, mixed in chyme, bile salts emulsify => greater sa:v => lipase works faster

triglyceride + 3h20 => glycerol + 3 fatty acids.

Flows in blood till reaches destination

absorbed via active transport!?

absorbed via diffusion.

In cell get protein coat and form either low density lipoproteins or high density lipoproteins. (ldl =considered worse for you)

ReputationRep:
    thanks people! ive decided im just gonna plan an essay for the structure and functions of lipids instead, like u say its more likely to come up :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poptart86)
    thanks people! ive decided im just gonna plan an essay for the structure and functions of lipids instead, like u say its more likely to come up :p:
    is this for edexcel because i heard that it wont be on lipids as that was the question in the mock

ReputationRep:
    that came up in jan 05...no1 can tell what will come up in june 05..might be the same or similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    is this for edexcel because i heard that it wont be on lipids as that was the question in the mock
    im doing AQA A human biology

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.