Turn on thread page Beta

Best Band At The Moment?? watch

ReputationRep:
    i think foo fighters might be around a bit more with their new album. its quite good, and the second acoustic cd is good

ReputationRep:
    Coldplay, Interpol, Foo Fighters, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, Fightstar, White Stripes, Phantom Planet...need I go on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Coldplay, Interpol, Foo Fighters, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, Fightstar, White Stripes, Phantom Planet...need I go on?
    :eek: Fightstar - really? Each to their own I guess.

...but Fightstar?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Fightstar - really? Each to their own I guess.

...but Fightstar??
    Dammit!!! I knew I shouldn't have taken that risk! I debated about whether to put 'em on or not!! And I went for it. *hangs head in shame*. Seriously though, I think they are pretty decent. People are always going to **** them off coz of the whole Busted thing, and there is the fact that they have a fat drummer, but they are actually ok. How much of their stuff have you heard? It really isn't all that bad, I'd class them as a good up and coming band...I doubted 'em, but then I heard more of what they do and they're ok.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard the two singles - and I guess I am holding the busted thing against them; but they're really not my sort of thing. They are blatantly a band formed to try and break America because Busted couldn’t, so they have that emo type sound to them – which I can’t stand to be honest. But I wanna punch them all less than I wanted to punch the busted trio – which is an improvement I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catty)
    Million Dead
    F*cking awesome band.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard the two singles - and I guess I am holding the busted thing against them; but they're really not my sort of thing. They are blatantly a band formed to try and break America because Busted couldn’t, so they have that emo type sound to them – which I can’t stand to be honest. But I wanna punch them all less than I wanted to punch the busted trio – which is an improvement I guess.
    They've got better songs than their singles. I don't think you can say they've been formed specifically to break America! I agree that Charlie Simpson (is that his name :confused: ) desperately seems to want to break America, but I think they were formed whilst Busted were still producing, erm, music. So I think they've been around for a while. And, as far as I'm aware, they haven't made any American advances thus far. But I don't know why I'm defending them so much...they're not brilliant or anything. Just pretty decent.

ReputationRep:
    Bloc Party, their album is pure genius from start to finish.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Bloc party - just got into them since my brother dropped all of his CDs back home so i stole them! I have to say though, Coldplay will always win because of their consistency - 3 brilliant albums.

ReputationRep:
    I think The Killers are pretty good at the moment.

Did you see Kaiser chiefs performance at Philly for live 8? Thr Americans looked stumped!

ReputationRep:
    Coldplay, The Killers, Kaiser Chiefs - all very good live performers.

If we can talk about "acts" as well as bands, then Basement Jaxx deserve to be mentioned because they have been excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Basement Jaxx really know how to get the crowd going!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vishpatel)
    coldplay
    I'm with you on that one, X & Y shows to me that they are on top form!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    They've got better songs than their singles. I don't think you can say they've been formed specifically to break America! I agree that Charlie Simpson (is that his name :confused: ) desperately seems to want to break America, but I think they were formed whilst Busted were still producing, erm, music. So I think they've been around for a while. And, as far as I'm aware, they haven't made any American advances thus far. But I don't know why I'm defending them so much...they're not brilliant or anything. Just pretty decent.
    Charlie isn't bothered about breaking America. He's perfectly content playing music he actually likes away from most of the media spotlight.

And to answer the original question, Streetlight Manifesto. By a country mile.

ReputationRep:
    yeah for me the best band at the moment is coldplay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    Do they have to be bands? For the past few years I've really been into solo artists. Right now Bright Eyes, the Paddingtons, Ryan Adams, Willy Mason, M Ward, Billy Bragg.. ok, I'm getting a little carried away here.
    YAY!!!! Thank goodness someone else acknowledges the awesomeness of Billy Bragg, St Swithens Day is soooooooooo good, as is Accident. Anyway, IMO best band around at the moment is either the Ataris or Jimmy Eat World.

ReputationRep:
    Morgana Lefay for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tidasquall)
    YAY!!!! Thank goodness someone else acknowledges the awesomeness of Billy Bragg, St Swithens Day is soooooooooo good, as is Accident. Anyway, IMO best band around at the moment is either the Ataris or Jimmy Eat World.
    Has anybody heard Bill Bailey's Billy Bragg tribute song, called Unisex Chip Shop? He does a brilliant impression. Never gets tired.

ReputationRep:
    Unisex Chip Shop
    lmao!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.part-troll.co.uk/lyrics/b...xchipshop.html Although it has to be heard to get the full glory.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.