The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Daft Wader
You're not complaining about having P4 and P6 on the same afternoon? c'mon I've got those after a morning with 3 hours of chemistry exams including synoptic! :mad: having said that P4 shouldn't be too hard after all the practice I've had of it through M4-M5 and P5-P6. I'm going to make loads of careless mistakes due to being knackered though. :stupido: (that smiley is very me)

i got same as you: FP1 FP3 C4 and Chemistry synoptic.... they could have at least split the exams into two days. Obviously they think people taking further maths won't take chemistry or maths.
Reply 21
now we all agree that P4 is an absolute doddle and are all expecting A's in it. Surely everyone cant get an A. any ideas how the exam board sort that?
Reply 22
By "all" you mean the people on this forum, who don't even account for 5% of the total test-takers.

Besides, I'm certain not everyone who claims they can "easily" get an A does indeed get one.
Reply 23
smeged
now we all agree that P4 is an absolute doddle and are all expecting A's in it. Surely everyone cant get an A. any ideas how the exam board sort that?

This forum contains a small portion of A-Level candidates that are more likely to be achieving \geqB in most of their A-Levels. I know that the one other further maths candidate at my centre (who doesn't use this forum) isn't looking forward to p4+p6 on thursday. Indeed, as of yesterday, he hadn't yet finished going through the p6 textbook. I hope he does finish it and does well in the exams though.
Reply 24
smeged

nop - depends on the paper - P4 can be made really nasty if they wanted to1

phil
Reply 25
Phil23
nop - depends on the paper - P4 can be made really nasty if they wanted to1

phil

Agreed.

If you gave me a couple of hours, a brief to compile a sod of a paper within the spec. and expenses (say €400) I'd do you a real nasty...

Modulus-Argument (all negatives) complex numbers division...
SOD with something like x=e^(t/2) substitution...
Series with sum of + 3r ....
Polar coords with overlapping areas and a subtraction...
Inequality q with modulus on both sides ...
...something which requires you to remember a P1-3 forgotten formula... perhaps sum-product or vice versa...
and just when you're running out of time - a linear interpolation q requiring an answer to 4dp...

You can tell I've been having bad dreams recently... :eek:

Aitch