Turn on thread page Beta

Why Bush doesn't care about global warming watch

ReputationRep:
    I was watchin' the news yesterday and George :cheeky: :puke: :bootyshak :hmpf: Bush was blabbing on about energy and didn't even mention global warming once. The idiot's a bit too relaxed about it, but then again, why should he care? He's old and he's gonna die of old age and stupidity in a few yrs time, so why the heck should he care about global warming?

Can't hold a gun in one hand and a bible in the other...my bad, Bush's done it :shot: :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    because he knows it will be not profitable for american industry.

ReputationRep:
    i don't worry much about global warming either.

i'm gambling on global dimming to even it out.

if it goes pear-shaped, i'll be dead by then already, so it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milady)

yup, the environment takes up too much space anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice to see the spirit of social responsability and stewardship is alive and well.

ReputationRep:
    Bush is a tit!

Big headed war maniac.

Anti Earth man (if theres such thing)

:cool:

I'm in favor of global warming, it's cold where I live. The elevation is about 200 feet above sea level, so if the ocean rises 2 or 3 feet, no problem here. Right now, Antarctica is a wasteland, we could have vegetable gardens there. Northern Canada, Greenland and Siberia would be summer vacation lands. Bush agrees with me.

ReputationRep:
    Force George W Bush to live in Alaska.

ReputationRep:
    Bush doesn't care because his voters don't care. And the Republicans don't care because most of them aren't even aware that a world EXISTS outside America. And that's life... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Has Bush ever given an exact reason (with grammar mistakes I assume) why he is so hesitant to take precautions or to fund money into the prevention of global warming? Does he deny that the problem exists? Or does the money need to go towards making some nice missiles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lianah)
    I was watchin' the news yesterday and George :cheeky: :puke: :bootyshak :hmpf: Bush was blabbing on about energy and didn't even mention global warming once. The idiot's a bit too relaxed about it, but then again, why should he care? He's old and he's gonna die of old age and stupidity in a few yrs time, so why the heck should he care about global warming?

Can't hold a gun in one hand and a bible in the other...my bad, Bush's done it :shot: :congrats:
    Maybe he didn't mention global warming because many Americans (myself included) don't buy it. Man-made global warming is only a theory and there is no conclusive scientific evidence to prove that it even exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Maybe he didn't mention global warming because many Americans (myself included) don't buy it. Man-made global warming is only a theory and there is no conclusive scientific evidence to prove that it even exists.
    When ever you visit Alaska, ask the locals about global warming and see their response then.

ReputationRep:
    Bush should be worried about global warming. if the ice caps start melting then some of the american states will be the homes of the american fish as water levels rise. It won't make any difference to bush though. he's busy making countries dry out of oil and making money out of it, pollution is his least priority.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he didn't mention global warming because many Americans (myself included) don't buy it.
    That's because you can't make a profit out of selling it yet.
    Man-made global warming is only a theory and there is no conclusive scientific evidence to prove that it even exists.
    There is an enormous amount of evidence to support the theory that human activities are causing the world to become warmer and the clmate to change abruptly and drastically. Go to- say www.royalsociety.ac.uk and search. Even if there was only a small amount of evidence the possible consequences of it would be so enormous that it would be wise to do all we can to prevent it until we find out if it is happening.

ReputationRep:
    There is plenty... you see THIS is what I was talking about.

The world is getting warmer and if the rainforests start drying out and so dying we're really in trouble - the carbon stores in the trees will be released through decay and forest fires and there'll be a huge leap in atmospheric CO2 in a very short space of time, in turn increasing the CO2 levels again - it's a vicious circle and we're running out of time to stop it.

Everything is just a theory tbh... and no evidence is EVER conclusive. It's just a theory that what you see exists... sometimes you've got to believe theories if there's enough evidence to support it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skevvybritt)
    There is plenty... you see THIS is what I was talking about.

The world is getting warmer and if the rainforests start drying out and so dying we're really in trouble - the carbon stores in the trees will be released through decay and forest fires and there'll be a huge leap in atmospheric CO2 in a very short space of time, in turn increasing the CO2 levels again - it's a vicious circle and we're running out of time to stop it.

Everything is just a theory tbh... and no evidence is EVER conclusive. It's just a theory that what you see exists... sometimes you've got to believe theories if there's enough evidence to support it.
    95% of CO2 is from plants. The Earth has gone through warming periods before without human influence and by much more than 3-4 degrees. Satellite pictures show the sea ice around Antarctica growing for the last 20 years. There is a lot of evidence out there that is contradictory and scientists are the first to admit that the computer models that predict global warming are inherently flawed because the earth's climate is so complex. These meterologists can't even predict the temperature 3 days in advance!

There is so much that is unknown and a balanced and nuanced approach is necessary when addressing such a complex issue. Maybe European politicians score points by publicly ranting about global warming, things are different in the US. Our politicians here are more concerned with social security, healthcare, terrorism, and the economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    When ever you visit Alaska, ask the locals about global warming and see their response then.
    There is evidence to show the environment is changing, less evidence to show that its a result of human activity in the last half a century and less evidence to show we can do anything about it.

ReputationRep:
    So it's just a happy coincidence sea levels are rising due to melting ice caps? The only reason Americans aren't concerned are because it doesn't effect them. Yet. Live in Bangladesh and watch it go underwater.

ReputationRep:
    because he is (excuse the expression) too up himself to thingk of others

ReputationRep:
    I can say a few people have the honour of going directly on my ignore list.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.