Turn on thread page Beta

Carn Brea and Portreath Beach watch

ReputationRep:
    I hope this works! so forgive me if they don't. just wanted to show you pictures of Carn Brea and Portreath Beach in Cornwall which I took.

ReputationRep:
    I can see the photos of Carn Brea, they capture the mood of the place very nicely. But i can't see any of Portreath... my grandmother lives in Portreath! Where do you live CornishGirl?

ReputationRep:
    Iim from the redruth area. heres the portreath ones

ReputationRep:
    not much surf that day, eh? one day I'm going to swim to gull rock--- maybe :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    not much surf that day, eh? one day I'm going to swim to gull rock--- maybe :p:
    :p: Good Luck to you then! It was around 6 that evening. loads of people there because of the heat. I need to take more pictures of different places sometime.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I've been to Portreath! It was a really fantastic place - relaxing but still fun.

If I go to Exeter Uni, I might visit it more often. Nice pics, by the way. I was considering swimming out to Gull Rock, but I thought it might be dangerous...and covered with bird crap. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol! ahh the bird poo is a problem! thank you for the complement on the pics, portreath is lovely when it's hot. i love all the caves at portreath. and the rock pools.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Cornishgirl! I live in Camborne so small world! :p:

Portreath is lovely and I am quite often down there, what with living so close. Here is one of my favorite pictures of portreath:

http://www.geocities.com/nipedley/co...rnwall_02.html

My favourite place in Cornwall is probably Godrevy though

ReputationRep:
    I never go to camborne! unless it's to see my cousin! :P tis a very small world!
    have you lot ever seen baldhu churchyard? it's in chacewater somewhere, I love that place! it's just so creepy!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes... all the rock pools and caves! Ah... the childhood memories, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CornishGirl)
    I never go to camborne! unless it's to see my cousin! :P tis a very small world!
    have you lot ever seen baldhu churchyard? it's in chacewater somewhere, I love that place! it's just so creepy!
    I'm only in Camborne until uni starts again!

No I haven't, although I drive through chacewater everyday...will have to have a nosey :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol. Adarah, the rockpools are grand aren't they lil' fish swimming around. hehe!

did you go to murdoch day in redruth?

ReputationRep:
    more carn brea ere!

ReputationRep:
    lol. Adarah, the rockpools are grand aren't they lil' fish swimming around. hehe!

did you go to murdoch day in redruth?
    murdoch day? uh... never heard of it. nearly every time I've been in redruth it was for the cinema lol

that picture inside the ruins is very nice .

ReputationRep:
    aww thank you Murdoch day happens every year, I didn't go this year, just a boring event on the calender. usually on a saturday. it happened last weekend. Redruth isn't really changing. Same old place as usual! but there is a bar next to the cinema now.

ReputationRep:
    Whooooo. Nice to see some local(ish) people here. I'm from Newquay.

ReputationRep:
    are you? it's great to see local(ish) people on here! i've only been there twice, once for newquay zoo and another time for sealife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_Bomb)
    Whooooo. Nice to see some local(ish) people here. I'm from Newquay.
    Hey fellow Cornish person! :tsr:

Great pics btw cornishgirl!

ReputationRep:
    are you? it's great to see local(ish) people on here! i've only been there twice, once for newquay zoo and another time for sealife.
    you should go there more often, Fistral is a great beach :cool:. Lol, but unless you like surfing I suppose any other beach is great too

ReputationRep:
    I've never tried surfing, bet I would fall off though

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 10, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.