Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not picking on them in particular but some kids at my school are very strange.
    There is a kid in year 7 and he constantly talks to himself. I walked past him and I could swear he was talking about magicians/wizards?
    Do you think he talks to himself about his reading material, lol.
    At least he doesn't have an imaginary friend, well I hope not.

I have nothing against them, but what makes them become like this? Lack of social skills, wild imagination?

ReputationRep:
    maybe he's schizophrenic? theres a schizophrenic lady who works at our tescos and shes really funny because she constantly talks to herself like full on conversations its brill!

ReputationRep:
    There's a few kids in the younger years like that at my school. There's one who appears to be anti-social even when you make an effort but I suppose he's just weary of people as many do make fun of him. One thing that I can say, is that he is soooo clever! I mean like he could do a couple of years older work and still pass with flying colours! I sometimes feel sorry when you see these 'weird' kids all on their own with no friends.....guess I'm just a big softie.

ReputationRep:
    i dont remeber there being that many weird kids at my school

ReputationRep:
    Today, he shouted out in an american accent, its so fricking hot!
    lol, I couldn't stop laughing.

ReputationRep:
    at my school there neally all freaks...and there so small....

ReputationRep:
    *is shocked at GiBB**

you might think people are freaks or whatever you call them, they are proberly thinking the same about you.. so really we are all freaks!

ReputationRep:
    you might think people are freaks or whatever you call them, they are proberly thinking the same about you.. so really we are all freaks
    :eek: they repect me becuase im just soooo popular...

they are really freakish tho..theres this one kid we call "bangers and mash" (dont ask cos i dont know ) and he just goes round talking to himself...i used to feel sorri for him but he just gets soo annoying

ReputationRep:
    people dont respect popular people, they are scared of them because they are bullies...
    Just goes to show how big a head can get!
    why do you think your popular anyway? what makes you popular? the people worth knowing and befriending are the people that respect other people and dont judge or follow the croud like a lost sheep... so the 'freaks' are the people worth knowing in a way.. Big headed people will only let you down

ReputationRep:
    You could be considered a freak for calling him bangers and mash for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    You could be considered a freak for calling him bangers and mash for no apparent reason.

she has a point GiBB*..

ReputationRep:
    people dont respect popular people, they are scared of them because they are bullies...
    Just goes to show how big a head can get!
    ..lol i wish i was pop..but unfortunaltly i fit into the normal/average catagory :mad:

*off to bulley some kids for their lunch money*

i dont know how it started but i know there was a good reason as why they started calling him that.....cant remember

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes the problem of kids talking to themselves goes beyond 'weirdness.' A guy at my school does that and he also has Asperger's. No one teases him though because that's just cruel :mad:

ReputationRep:
    A guy at my school does that and he also has Asperger's. No one teases him though because that's just cruel
    isnt that when they always feel nervous and isolate them selfs from everyone?
    if so thats so harsh!

ReputationRep:
    i hate people who talk to themselves, it's like "geez, am i not interesting enough conversation for you".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    isnt that when they always feel nervous and isolate them selfs from everyone?
    if so thats so harsh!
    it's a form of autism - and it varies from case to case. don't really know too much about it but there's a 'special needs society' in the societies forum that describes it some more.

seriously though - don't make fun of those poor kids

ReputationRep:
    seriously though - don't make fun of those poor kids
    no i woudlnt ever...thres a few people at my school that have a condition like this...people used to pick of them but we had a big assembly were everyone was told to keep completley away from them.
    even tho i didnt pick on him..ever...i felt that was wrong because it would make him feel like a loner and an outsider so i used to go up to him at lunch and just talk to him...whch got me in trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    thres a few people at my school that have a condition like this...people used to pick of them but after a big assembly were everyone was told to keep completley away from them.
    even tho i didnt pick on him..ever...i felt that was wrong because it would make him feel like a loner and an outsider so i used to go up to him at lunch and just talk to him...whch got me in trouble

awww

"no good deed goes unpunished"

that was nice of you though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    no i woudlnt ever...thres a few people at my school that have a condition like this...people used to pick of them but we had a big assembly were everyone was told to keep completley away from them.
    cos avoiding and isolating people is not a form of bulling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    I'm not picking on them in particular but some kids at my school are very strange.
    There is a kid in year 7 and he constantly talks to himself. I walked past him and I could swear he was talking about magicians/wizards?
    Do you think he talks to himself about his reading material, lol.
    At least he doesn't have an imaginary friend, well I hope not.

I have nothing against them, but what makes them become like this? Lack of social skills, wild imagination?
    There's a kid exactly like that at my school, he walks around bouncing a little ball all by himself every break/lunch time. Looks kind of sad.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.