Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I put hydrogen instead

ReputationRep:
    but i wrote the reaction out showing the increase/decrease in ox numbers to exactly what you said!
    How did you do that? Just write little numbers over equation? I am not trying to be funny, just thinking how you can show change in oxidation state without half equation.

ReputationRep:
    Good exam, but I ballsed up the last question

ReputationRep:
    I put hydrogen instead
    How did you arrive with those answer!?

ReputationRep:
    i put S02 my friend put hydrogen. it was easy to balance so2. but worried now. i wrote oxidation numbers and half equations but my brain didnt seem to want to put it all together!! thought the paper was alright, the essay questions could not have been better, unless it was worth more marks!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    How did you do that? Just write little numbers over equation?
    rofl thats what I did.

I thought the paper was evil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    How did you arrive with those answer!?
    It was the second thing that came to my head! (after SO2)
    GRRRR i should have left it!!!
    I think that was the hardest paper I've ever done And I need an A in chemistry :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    How did you do that? Just write little numbers over equation? I am not trying to be funny, just thinking how you can show change in oxidation state without half equation.
    numbers above yeah man! didnt think to do half equations! i arrived late and was rushing

ReputationRep:
    i put S02 my friend put hydrogen. it was easy to balance so2
    S02 is right. You had to find molecular mass of the gas from data given (volume and mass) which was 64. SO2 fits that. Hydrogen does not.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. I hope trends and biochemistry are nice papers..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violet)
    It was the second thing that came to my head! (after SO2)
    GRRRR i should have left it!!!
    I think that was the hardest paper I've ever done And I need an A in chemistry :eek:

i need an A too....i thought tht paper was sooo hard!

and v. decieving...cos the 1st question was okey...and then they jus kinda got reallly random...i answered all the questions but this paper wasnt like the other papers....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaaks786)
    i need an A too....i thought tht paper was sooo hard!

and v. decieving...cos the 1st question was okey...and then they jus kinda got reallly random...i answered all the questions but this paper wasnt like the other papers....
    I know.. like hardly any calculations and SO MANY EQUATIONS!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    thank you belis! i did do that but i couldnt actually remember what the question was! i know i didnt just guess so2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violet)
    I know.. like hardly any calculations and SO MANY EQUATIONS!!! :mad:
    im soooo peeeved now!!!! :mad:
    i hve to get into uni....stupid chemistry..plus tht was meant to be an easy paper!!!!

ReputationRep:
    True, only 2 questions were like from past peapers (the extended writing for 5 marks and about rate determining step). The rest was realy random.

ReputationRep:
    I only need a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vikhas786)
    I only need a C
    Grrr! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vikhas786)
    I only need a C
    i would run round my home town naked if i got a C in unifying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayrox)
    i would run round my home town naked if i got a C in unifying
    JUST REMEMBER U SAID THAT!!! (actually me 2 probably!)

ReputationRep:
    i thought that exam was the hardest out of all the mocks iv ever done and all the real exams(only in chem obviously, damn u history!) iv totally failed Unifying Concepts. Spec was a resit so iv already got a B for that. Dunno if iv done better. i didnt know anthing bout tollens reagant/last question/any calcualtions apart froma few pH. Im soooo screwed. i need an A or a B at the least depending on what i get in everything else, <sob>

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.