Turn on thread page Beta

SALTERS CHEM PAPER A2 23rd - HOW WAS IT? watch

ReputationRep:
    i felt it was hard !

first questions are meant to be warmups !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstarr)
    i felt it was hard !

first questions are meant to be warmups !
    Wow, I thought it was the easiest paper I've ever seen for that module! Infact, everyone in our class (except one) did too! I left the first question (mass spec and NMR scared me off) but when I returned to it later I found it really easy!

I made up one equation, one calculation and one answer about battery cells, but otherwise, I'm rather happy with that!!

(if you people are angry with me, don't worry, history tomorrow followed by a biology synoptic!)

I'm sure ya did better then you think, good luck on results day!

ReputationRep:
    i hate every moment of it
    it was the worst paper i have ever seen.everything was out of my mind.
    i m really depressed rite now
    ocr salter examiners are realy really stupid

ReputationRep:
    I found it harder than the ones I had done as practise. Didn't have a clue about thin layer chromotography because i only revised WM, DP, EP and SS (as that's what the exam was supposed to be on) and chromatography is in CD Also didn't get the questions about genetic engineering- was hoping not to be asked about that! Timewise it was fine though. xxx

ReputationRep:
    it was damn well hard. it couldnt get any harder. i mean the hell was that about. what did u guys get for the units of the rate constant

ReputationRep:
    - i only knew that cuz of physics

wtf was that secondary structure example question on about

ReputationRep:
    At this rate, I'm guessing you're all gonna do really well on tuesday for CbD, and I'll end up hating every moment of it...

Try and be positive!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstarr)
    - i only knew that cuz of physics

wtf was that secondary structure example question on about
    alpha helix and beta sheet (hope they're the right way round) I think......x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercover-ange)
    Yeppers, alpha helix and a beta-pleated sheet

ReputationRep:
    darn ??!? ... where was that in syllabus what mod ?

ReputationRep:
    Engineering Proteins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercover-ange)
    i put alp-helix and beta sheet.

what did you lot get for the [H+] conc?

Also, im a bit worried about the part which asked you to work out the electric configuration of Zn. The questoin asked why the Zn 3+ is hard to form, did the question say write the Electron Config. of Zn OR Zn 3+ ??

I cannot at all tell how i did in that paper.

Did everyone think it was Reallly easy? If so there goes any chance of getting UMS marked up out the window....

ReputationRep:
    Urgh i really didn't like it
    It's not too bad cos it was a retake but i really seriously doubt i improved on January
    I revised all teh wrong stuff
    The first question just confused my head
    If you had a sodium salt then the masses wouldn't add up but then if you didn't you just ended up back with phenylamine and ethanoic acid Damn i hate chem

ReputationRep:
    for h+ - as the 2 products where same conc u could treat everything on top of fraction as x^2

u had to the root it.

i found it hard ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherc2005)
    i put alp-helix and beta sheet.
    Me too and i trust myself cos that's unit 1 biology

what did you lot get for the [H+] conc?
    I can't remember... Kc / 100 square rooted
    Whatever that may be!! possible something like 7 x 10-4?? i forget

Also, im a bit worried about the part which asked you to work out the electric configuration of Zn. The questoin asked why the Zn 3+ is hard to form, did the question say write the Electron Config. of Zn OR Zn 3+ ??
    **** i seriously hope it said Zn!!
    For the Zn3+ i just said something about the electrons wouldn't be arranged in pairs
    Load of rubbish

Did everyone think it was Reallly easy? If so there goes any chance of getting UMS marked up out the window....

Really really no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    **** i seriously hope it said Zn!!
    For the Zn3+ i just said something about the electrons wouldn't be arranged in pairs
    Load of rubbish
    It DEFINETLY said draw the electron shells for Zn. I underlined it like 5 times in the question lol

and about the first question, to make the amide, don't phenols react with acyl - chlorides instead of carboxylic acids? Thats what I put down...

might be wrong...

ReputationRep:
    well anyhow, for the Zn electron question, i filled in the shells according to a Normal Zn, (neutral)
    and i took a guess and said 2+ can form due to the 4s2 electonrs being lost easily, but the Zn3+ is hard to form as it involves the 3d10 loosing 1 electron, its hard because the 3d10 is a stable arrangment. i put another point but cant remember what.

Also, what did people say that chemists do about medicines?
    And why is it good to
    (a)burn polymers
    (b) bury polymers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synkronized)
    It DEFINETLY said draw the electron shells for Zn. I underlined it like 5 times in the question lol

and about the first question, to make the amide, don't phenols react with acyl - chlorides instead of carboxylic acids? Thats what I put down...

might be wrong...
    yeah I put an acyl chloride too- but it wasn't actually a phenol anyway! x

ReputationRep:
    Oh my life
    Oh my life
    Oh my life

I just realised i did the arrangement for whatever is 5 to the left of zinc not zinc
    I am such a ******
    I had a bloody periodic table WHY would i do that?!?!!

ReputationRep:
    What did people say that chemists do about medicines?

And why is it good to
    (a)burn polymers
    (b) bury polymers?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.