Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i think for the NMR bit, i got something like R-C=O-CH3 and R-C-OH
    I really cant remember. I think what ive just put is probably not what i got, but i remember doing a '3' hydrogen environment.

How about the question about TLC. Hope i got good marks on this, yet i feel i might have fogotten to state an important point or too. Any1 know anything sneaky that gets a mark that i could have overlooked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohlstream)
    For Chem by Design, is anyone revising synoptic stuff? I thought I might answer all the questions in each chapter of chem ideas, but how long is that going to take..!
    A very long time :eek:
    I'm revising all spectroscopy stuff, and experiments and then if I have time, some more synoptic stuff, but I doubt there will be much time left.

ReputationRep:
    i got somein like that too cherc - but didnt it say that it was an amine ?!? ie ... hinting it will have had NH2 proton environents,

anyhow - i wish everyone here well on chem by design ... i dont feel too good about this whole setup - infact it sucks

why did they have to switch it up for US !

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i got R-C=ONH2 an R-C=OOH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangstarr)

anyhow - i wish everyone here well on chem by design ... i dont feel too good about this whole setup - infact it sucks

why did they have to switch it up for US !
    what did they switch up?

ReputationRep:
    the whole format - it wasnt like previous i didnt feel.

ReputationRep:
    I think, (I could be wrong) they have a new exam writer person. I agree, something didn't sit right- the paper felt different to the rest... *geek*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohlstream)
    I think, (I could be wrong) they have a new exam writer person. I agree, something didn't sit right- the paper felt different to the rest... *geek*
    so does this mean chemistry by design is gonna be even harder and weirder than usual?.......but is that even possible?!lol

ReputationRep:
    Is there any point in me sitting this exam?!?! Somehow i think not.... NO!! I will not do chemistry for another year!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAARGHHHHHH!!! :angry:<-- that's my battle cry by the way :p:

ReputationRep:
    I probably got the molecule wrong.
    I thought that it wasnt an amine since the previous part of the question involved the amine.
    it def. had a CH3 because it was 3 protons and the only thing with 3 hydrodens with that shift in the table referred to R-C=O or something.
    Ahh i dont know.

There was a reactoin where you had to x5 by,and put the whole equatoin, can anyone remmeber this?
    What was the reaction at the hydrogen half cell?

ReputationRep:
    Yey finally something I (think I) know!!

Ag is more positive as it is not very reactive so:

H2 --> 2H+ + 2e-

ReputationRep:
    Crap, I got that wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Yeyyyy! H+ + e- ---> 1/2H2

ReputationRep:
    the paper was easy. easier than the jan one. the paper was similar to june 2004 paper

ReputationRep:
    I thought the January paper was easier, I must admit. I found that one quite tough, as did everyone else sitting it with me (most of them have now resigned themselves to failing chemistry).

What was with the random biology questions? I don't do biology! So I made it up...

ReputationRep:
    I gotta say that i found January easier too
    Although maybe cos i properly revised for that :confused: I got so caught up with Bio revision and revision for tuesday that i just never did any for this until the day before and then 6 hours that morning. Not my brightest move

ReputationRep:
    Ive had 5 exams this week, not to mention one im sitting in around 4hours.

I didnt revise properly for the exam, didnt have enough time.

So you reckon the grade boundries will be a big lower?

ReputationRep:
    i hope the grade boundries are lowered....i need them 2 be!!! does anyone know wat raw marks out of 90 u hav 2 get 2 get an B or A?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else know that the chem of materials paper we did yesterday was only introduced in January, therefore making us the first year to try it?

Our class had been revising from the old papers from the exam that got replaced, which is probably why we all found yesterday's so hard ! ! !

Also, how many people are/were in your chem classes? We only have 6 people in ours!

Michael

ReputationRep:
    63 for B and 72 for A if my memory serves me well..

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.