Turn on thread page Beta

Whats great about Prince Williams 2.1 watch

ReputationRep:
    People are congratulating william on getting a 2.1 because only his father has a degree (other than himself) and that was a 2,2. The royals aren't known for their intelligence which is what makes is a fairly significant acheivement. imagine if your friends parents and borthers n sisters were all really really stupid, none did degrees and most of them did pretty bad at a-level, and one of them actually goes to uni, you would be happy for them, and getting a 2,1 aint that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Why does Geography always get ****ged off? I doubt the people who are ****ging of Prince William's degree have even stepped foot in a university or done Geography at degree level.

I've not done Geography at degree level but its one of the subjects I am interested in and I know whats involved at degree level, its not reading maps and look at globes.
    It's ridiculous the way you tell other people not to have an opinion by assuming they have no experience of it, and then allow yourself to have an opinion just because you claim to have an interest in it. What is this interest AT? Knowing your way around Manchester doesn't count.

Really AT, you do say stupid things sometimes...stick to tech, you're actually quite useful there.

ReputationRep:
    A 2.1 is good, better than a 2.2 and a pass. Just because he didn't manage a first doesn't mean that he's stupid. Yes, he may have been private schooled his whole life but that doesn't make up for intelligence - look at his brother Harry, a B in History of Art and a D in Geography A-level.
    As for Geography being a 'doss' subject, NO NO NO! It is termed as 'doss' by those who don't actually do it at degree level! Stop being so snobby and mind your own business.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'd be bloody happy with a 2.1

ReputationRep:
    what is it with all these ********s labling 'doss subjects' and all. ****ing snobs I just wanna bludgeon your brains out with a rusty screwdriver lol

ReputationRep:
    For a royal its good, the best ever in fact

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can't stand snobs it's like, you're only good enough if you do Medicine/Physics/Maths and get a 1st. Well, quite a lot of people don't WANT to do those subjects! I can't bear it. Arrrrrggggghhhhh.
    The Royals aren't there to rule the country. They're there for tourists

ReputationRep:
    I swear Prince William studied history of art....where does geography come from? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    I swear Prince William studied history of art....where does geography come from? :confused:
    He switched during the 1st year

ReputationRep:
    and anyway, who cares about Prince William? Everyone says he's so handsome but personally I think Harry's better. William has too much of his daddy's nose... Although, as ROYALS go he's ok, but that's not saying nothin.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a 1st would have been considered elitist.

ReputationRep:
    Aye whatever u think... geography rocks!!

Well done to him! :-)

ReputationRep:
    im sure he'll put the degree to good use.

no doubt he has to join the army or navy now like everyone else in the royal family?

ReputationRep:
    2;1 isnt all that !

He should be gettin a 1st regardless of his family history !

ReputationRep:
    To be fair to him, Prince William has had a rough upbringing.

His Granny put a hit out on his mum (allegedly), his brothers is always in the papers beating up photographers, taking coke and partying in a nazi costumes. His dad talks to plants, cheats on his mum, then marries a horse and is ridiculed by the public mostly His uncles and aunties are all pretty stupid and have done nothing with their lives, His granddad tends to make embarassing and racist comments to visitors and they all sit about the house all day sponging off the state.

Congratulations! They can be proud of him...

(Original post by Seabiscuit)
    To be fair to him, Prince William has had a rough upbringing.

His Granny put a hit out on his mum (allegedly), his brothers is always in the papers beating up photographers, taking coke and partying in a nazi costumes. His dad talks to plants, cheats on his mum, then marries a horse and is ridiculed by the public mostly His uncles and aunties are all pretty stupid and have done nothing with their lives, His granddad tends to make embarassing and racist comments to visitors and they all sit about the house all day sponging off the state.

Congratulations! They can be proud of him...
    Somebody doesn't like the monarchy then :rolleyes:

They deserve to sponge of the state as they do own it, theoretically speaking.

The Royal Family is a ongoing tradition of Britain, and should remain so. I am proud for Prince William, good on him considering all the pressure he has had.

ReputationRep:
    leave the boy alone. I mean c'mon a 2:1 is still good.

those tha said its doss, stop being an asshat. It's not as easy as you think. I'm pretty intelligent and i couldnt hack it at a-level.

and a 2:2 from oxbrige is not better.. or equal. it's a lower degree. regardless where its from, the elite think its better.

and lets face it, you'd moan whatever he got. unless he failed miserably in which case you'd be happy that someone is having a **** life and you can piss all over them right?

get a god damn life!

(Original post by kalibantre)
    leave the boy alone. I mean c'mon a 2:1 is still good.

those tha said its doss, stop being an asshat. It's not as easy as you think. I'm pretty intelligent and i couldnt hack it at a-level.

and a 2:2 from oxbrige is not better.. or equal. it's a lower degree. regardless where its from, the elite think its better.

and lets face it, you'd moan whatever he got. unless he failed miserably in which case you'd be happy that someone is having a **** life and you can piss all over them right?

get a god damn life!
    Amen to that! you rock!! :rock:

ReputationRep:
    you're right flukey i do..

as do you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    Somebody doesn't like the monarchy then :rolleyes:

They deserve to sponge of the state as they do own it, theoretically speaking.

The Royal Family is a ongoing tradition of Britain, and should remain so. I am proud for Prince William, good on him considering all the pressure he has had.
    Nah, I definitely like the Royal Family and monarchy. I agree totally. Just pointing out a few of their problems and theres no doubting they've had LOTS of problems...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.