The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Seabiscuit
Nah, I definitely like the Royal Family and monarchy. I agree totally. Just pointing out a few of their problems and theres no doubting they've had LOTS of problems...

Oh right in that case i apologise for jumping to a conclusion.

Yeah i must say they have indeed had a LOT of problems as you quite rightly pointed out. Oh well no one is perfect, any family will do things wrong and have clashes, just the way life goes. :smile:
Reply 41
kalibantre
you're right flukey i do.. :biggrin:

as do you :wink:

Thank you, people tell me too many times :biggrin: :wink:
yep. bad things happen and i think william has coped exceedingly well with it all, inluding the presure fro the media.. unlike some princes we could talk about... :rolleyes:
Reply 43
kalibantre
yep. bad things happen and i think william has coped exceedingly well with it all, inluding the presure fro the media.. unlike some princes we could talk about... :rolleyes:

:dito: Yes i agree, i think Prince William is a far superior prince to Prince Harry :smile:
but still non are sexy.
Reply 45
To be fair, the Royals aren't known as the most intelligent family ever (I mean look at Prince Philip...I don't think he's ever made an intelligent comment in his life), and I think Prince William has done well - a 2i is still a very good degree from a very good university - he's no doubt had to put up with constant bothers from the paparazzi/general public/crazed girls for the last 4 years, as well as being watched over the whole time by body guards and the like - I don't think he should be criticised at all. Well done to the guy I say.

Oh and just because he went to Eton doesn't mean he'll automatically get a first, I imagine paying lots of money to go to a school like that means you get rather more spoon-fed than you do when you're at university.
Reply 46
Flukey
:dito: Yes i agree, i think Prince William is a far superior prince to Prince Harry :smile:

I know that Prince Harry did a lot worse on his A-Levels a B and D their may be a few reasons for this:
1) Prince Henry may have been moreintrested in going into the military then doing A-levels.
2) Prince Henry may have had a learrning difference that he was given help for because his did not think that he needed any extra help.
3) His father made him that he wasnot intrested in because he him to take the same degree as his brother.
4)Prince Henry may not have been as smart as his brother. :eek: :biggrin: :frown: :biggrin: :mad: :redface: :wink:
Reply 47
usa1981
I know that Prince Harry did a lot worse on his A-Levels a B and D their may be a few reasons for this:
1) Prince Henry may have been moreintrested in going into the military then doing A-levels.
2) Prince Henry may have had a learrning difference that he was given help for because his did not think that he needed any extra help.
3) His father made him that he wasnot intrested in because he him to take the same degree as his brother.
4)Prince Henry may not have been as smart as his brother. :eek: :biggrin: :frown: :biggrin: :mad: :redface: :wink:

umm, who the hell is henry?

:p:
Reply 48
visesh
umm, who the hell is henry?

:p:

That is Prince Harry's full given birth name is Prince Henry Charles Albert David Winsor. That is Prince Harry.
Reply 49
wooooah

learn something new everyday:smile:
usa1981

5) Prince Henry may have cheated and done better that he deserved.
Reply 51
thinktank
I would have thought with all te schooling and no worries about money, on top of the extra tuition that he could have managd a first. why are people on the Tv saying its so brilliant?

last time i checked, a 2:1 was very good...
Reply 52
I don't know why everyone's getting so uppity about it - a 2.1 is brilliant, and there's no reason he should get a first just because he's a royal.

Think about it: most of us go to uni and do a degree because we want to get a decent job out of it. Prince William did it for the experience, for show (probably), and for something to do. He didn't have the pressure that most of us have - if you don't get a good degree, you'll never pay off your student debts - and yet he still got a really good grade. I'm not a monarchist and never usually come down on the side of any royal, but this time I think he's being unfairly criticised.
Reply 53
woah, i had a dream about prince charles last night. Coincidence?!:proud:
Reply 54
grace
woah, i had a dream about prince charles last night. Coincidence?!:proud:

no :rolleyes: just very unnerving... especially with the proud smilie :wink:
Reply 55
Considering his genetic background, it's a miracle.
Excuse me, can I just point out that a 2i is a VERY GOOD degree grade whatever the circumstances. It is not a first, but at degree level a first is pretty exceptional!
Congrats to him, thats a big acheivement and he must have worked hard for it. What uni did he go to?
Reply 58
fivebyfive
Congrats to him, thats a big acheivement and he must have worked hard for it. What uni did he go to?

st. andrews (my insurance uni, even if it is slightly better than my first choice for my subject)
Reply 59
geography? lol...and so he decides to get a city job to "gain experience in international finance." or possibly "join the army." sounds like a waste of 4 years to me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/06/24/nwill124.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/06/24/ixnewstop.html

Latest