Whats great about Prince Williams 2.1 watch

ReputationRep:
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    may be...

ReputationRep:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flukey
    Yes i agree, i think Prince William is a far superior prince to Prince Harry
    I know that Prince Harry did a lot worse on his A-Levels a B and D their may be a few reasons for this:
    1) Prince Henry may have been more intrested in going into the military then doing A-levels.
    2) Prince Henry may have had a learrning difference that he was not given help for because his father did not think that he needed any extra help.
    3) His father made him take A-Levels that he was mostly not intrested in because he wanted him to take the same degree as his brother.
    4) Prince Henry may not have been as smart as his brother.
    Reply to Thread: Whats great about Prince Williams 2.1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Colonel
    5) Prince Henry may have cheated and done better that he deserved.
    No one has proved that Prince Henry cheated in the Art course work.
    What do you think of what said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    Yes, it is. It's harder to get into. Cambridge is the third best university in the world, the best this side of the Atlantic. A 2i from oxbridge is better than a 1st from many other unis. Allow me to explain. A certain percentage of candidates achieve a 1st. In my course it's 25%. 10% of candidates get a 3rd, an ordinary, a pass, or a fail. The rest get a 2nd class degree. So if you're at the uni with the most intelligent people, the stupidest people are perhaps on par with the top people at another uni (remember people come all over the world for an oxbridge education as well). Hence a 3rd at Cam might be equal to a 1st at APU in terms of the intelligence of the students. If that makes sense.

Basically say the most intelligent people get to oxbridge. Then say the next people go to St Andrews. The lowest grade person at oxbridge is still more intelligent than the top person at st andrews. but obviously in practice this doesn't work.
    I rather resent your implication that Cambridge students are more "intelligent" than those at other top universities. You do have a choice about your university, if you're a straight A student you do not have to go to Cambridge. I'd rather study Law at Edinburgh Uni myself, although I think I may get an offer from Cambridge if I were to apply. A lot of people are put off by the 45% being privately educated statistic, some may not be able to afford it, some might not apply to Cambridge, others might feel Cambridge does not offer a suitable course to fulfil their interests, some might not want to live in England, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usa1981)
    usa1981

I know that Prince Harry did a lot worse on his A-Levels a B and D their may be a few reasons for this:
    1) Prince Henry may have been moreintrested in going into the military then doing A-levels.
    2) Prince Henry may have had a learrning difference that he was given help for because his did not think that he needed any extra help.
    3) His father made him that he wasnot intrested in because he him to take the same degree as his brother.
    4)Prince Henry may not have been as smart as his brother.
    Reply to Thread: Whats great about Prince Williams 2.1

No one has proved that Prince Henry cheated in the Art course work.
    What do you think of what said?
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. Is English your primary language?

Anyway, I'm sure that if Harry had a learning difficulty, at a school like Eton it would have been detected and furthermore, he would have been provided with sufficient learning support. The fees at my school are a third of those for Eton (£22,500 I think), yet those with dyslexia are given excellent support. I would only assume that the case would be the same at Eton, if not better.

Also, do you not think the tabloid newspapers would have picked up on it if Harry had a learning disability, and probably would have taken the piss out of him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. Is English your primary language?

Anyway, I'm sure that if Harry had a learning difficulty, at a school like Eton it would have been detected and furthermore, he would have been provided with sufficient learning support. The fees at my school are a third of those for Eton (£22,500 I think), yet those with dyslexia are given excellent support. I would only assume that the case would be the same at Eton, if not better.

Also, do you not think the tabloid newspapers would have picked up on it if Harry had a learning disability, and probably would have taken the piss out of him?
    English is the only language that speak and write in. I have always had trouble with writing and have a learning difference.
    I thought it was stright forward what I was getting at. How ever I did corrcet some misstakes that were in the post so if you have another look you should be able to understand it better.
    I am sorry that you did not understand what was getting at. It was a response to Flukey's post. What help would Eton College have given him if Harry's father did not believe that Harry had any learning problem? Then would Eton College have been able to help him? I would not think so because at least from what in the states parents have to give permisson for studnts to get help.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I'm rather drunk, I didn't realise how offensive that was until I read it again. Anyway, fair enough at what you're saying. I thought that learning support was fairly obligatory for those who require it.

ReputationRep:
    1) Prince Henry may have been more intrested in going into the military then doing A-levels.
    2) Prince Henry may have had a learrning difference that he was not given help for because his father did not think that he needed any extra help.
    3) His father made him take A-Levels that he was mostly not intrested in because he wanted him to take the same degree as his brother.

English is the only language that speak and write in. I have always had trouble with writing and have a learning difference.
    I thought it was stright forward what I was getting at. However, I did corrcet some misstakes that were in the post so if you have another look you should be able to understand it better.
    I am sorry that you did not understand what was getting at. It was a response to Flukey's post. What help would Eton College have given him if Harry's father did not believe that Harry had any learning problem? Then would Eton College have been able to help him? I would not think so because at least from what in the states parents have to give permisson for studnts to get help.

ReputationRep:
    a 2.1 is very respectable, and geography is a fantastic subject. he's certainly done a better job than his father and the like.....lets not knock him h8as!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usa1981)

I thought it was stright forward what I was getting at. However, I did corrcet some misstakes that were in the post so if you have another look you should be able to understand it better.
    Whos Prince Henry :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    A 2.1 is a very good degree! Especially seen as he has so many duties outside of uni too. I think the papers are making such a fuss about it because he's by far one of the most intelligent royals for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge is the third best university in the world, the best this side of the Atlantic.
    But according to The Times Higher Education Supplement (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_H...ion_Supplement), it's 6th (overall) in the world, and 2nd to Oxford in Europe respectively.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a such thing as a 1:2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vivado)
    But according to The Times Higher Education Supplement (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Times_H...ion_Supplement), it's 6th (overall) in the world, and 2nd to Oxford in Europe respectively.
    you should know it depends on which rankings you use.

and no, there's no such thing as a 1:2 :confused: how could there be???!

ReputationRep:
    I presume because his brother and father are ****wits, the media are suprised theres someone with at least a little intelligence in the royal family.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think Prince William did really well to get his 2.1 in Geography! Wasn't it a Masters anyway? I mean it was a 4yr degree, wasn't it? I read somewhere he did a Masters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Well I think Prince William did really well to get his 2.1 in Geography! Wasn't it a Masters anyway? I mean it was a 4yr degree, wasn't it? I read somewhere he did a Masters...
    you can't get a 2i for a masters degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Most scottish degrees get you an MA, but it's a tradition thing. I *think* it still counts for the same as an english BA

ReputationRep:
    you can't get a 2i for a masters degree.
    I think you can as it's an 'undergraduate'/integrated masters degree.

(Original post by stratomaster)
    Is there a such thing as a 1:2?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rising_heat)
    Whos Prince Henry :tongue:
    Prince Henry Charles Albert David Winsor AKA Prince Harry or Officer Cadet Wales.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.