Turn on thread page Beta

Whats great about Prince Williams 2.1 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I think you can as it's an 'undergraduate'/integrated masters degree.
    you can't. you either get a distinction for over 70% or a pass for under 70%. perhaps you are getting confused: you can take a four year course where you end up with an MA/MPhil/Mwhatever, and at the end of your 3rd year you graduate and get a BA with a 1st, 2i, 2ii, 3rd, ordinary or pass, (although you usually need at least a 2i to continue) and then you take a fourth year where you are still an undergraduate but you're working towards an MA, which you receive at the end of the fourth year.

i believe scottish universities have four year BAs, at least edinburgh gave me two offers - one of which was to skip 1st year if I got ABB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    you can't. you either get a distinction for over 70% or a pass for under 70%. perhaps you are getting confused: you can take a four year course where you end up with an MA/MPhil/Mwhatever, and at the end of your 3rd year you graduate and get a BA with a 1st, 2i, 2ii, 3rd, ordinary or pass, (although you usually need at least a 2i to continue) and then you take a fourth year where you are still an undergraduate but you're working towards an MA, which you receive at the end of the fourth year.
    My friends boyfriend is doing an undergrad Msci (or something similar) and he'll just get a 1st/2:1 for the whole four years, not a seperate BA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinktank)
    I would have thought with all te schooling and no worries about money, on top of the extra tuition that he could have managd a first. why are people on the Tv saying its so brilliant?
    What does 2.1 mean sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)
    What does 2.1 mean sorry
    It's a degree classification before a first class honours.

ReputationRep:

i believe scottish universities have four year BAs, at least edinburgh gave me two offers - one of which was to skip 1st year if I got ABB.
    You can - I'm doing an undergraduate MEng, and at the end of the 4th year we'll get the usual degree classification (1st, 2i etc). It's the same for my friends doing an MSci too.

ReputationRep:
    you're supposed to get the class for the ba and either pass/distinction for ma. altho it's classified as a four year course.

edit: if you just take the three year ba it automatically upgrades 20 terms after matriculation anyway (although you end up with a general MA rather than MChem etc).

ReputationRep:
    MChem MEng MSci etc are all undergraduate masters, and AFAIK have the same classification system as undergraduate Bachelors degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinktank)
    I would have thought with all te schooling and no worries about money, on top of the extra tuition that he could have managd a first. why are people on the Tv saying its so brilliant?
    i think it's because the royal family aren't well know for being clever. Prince Harry is a prime example! Anything compared to him is gonna look good lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    It's a degree classification before a first class honours.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philip2004)

Thanks
    You're welcome. Other classifications are as follows: 1st (70%+), 2:1(60-69%+), 2:2(50-59%), 3rd (40-49%), pass (35%-39%)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    You're welcome. Other classifications are as follows: 1st (70%+), 2:1(60-69%+), 2:2(50-59%), 3rd (40-49%), pass (35%-39%)
    you forgot "ordinary"

ReputationRep:
    you forgot "ordinary"
    Oops, forogot. That should be between third and pass. What is the percentage of the 'ordinary' one?

ReputationRep:
    All of the percentages are dependant on the course.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.