Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I always forget to give out rep.
    And instead of waiting for someone to deserve it, as i've got to go, the first person to reply to this post can have free rep, no strings.

ReputationRep:
    yep ill take free rep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    yep ill take free rep!
    There, done!

ReputationRep:
    ha legend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    ha legend!
    id give you some back but unfortunatly i do give it out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    ha legend!
    how do you see hpw many rep points youve got and who gave them?how do you give rep points!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    how do you see hpw many rep points youve got and who gave them?how do you give rep points!
    You give rep points by clicking on the little yellow 'shout' icon next to edit/reply on someones post. But you can give too much in a 24 hour period. Wouldn't mind the second gem myself to be honest. Only got 14 rep points.

ReputationRep:
    how many do you need to get 2 green things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    You give rep points by clicking on the little yellow 'shout' icon next to edit/reply on someones post. But you can give too much in a 24 hour period. Wouldn't mind the second gem myself to be honest. Only got 14 rep points.
    i wish people would stop asking for rep. youre supposed to earn it by writing useful posts.

ReputationRep:
    how many do you need to get 2 green things!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i wish people would stop asking for rep. youre supposed to earn it by writing useful posts.
    i didnt want it i just wanted to know what it was because people were talking about it!xx x

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't exactly asking for it, just offering the opinion that I 'wouldn't mind' it. So far I've only written 2 useful posts according to my rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I wasn't exactly asking for it, just offering the opinion that I 'wouldn't mind' it. So far I've only written 2 useful posts according to my rep.
    i gave you rep a minute ago because you answered my question!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah - like that happens - most people asking for help are newbies who don't understand the rep system :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Yeah - like that happens - most people asking for help are newbies who don't understand the rep system :rolleyes:
    i, not a newbie but just didnt ever hear about this!

ReputationRep:
    he he sorry edders, it was going, you see ppl like you and me get stuck on 2 or 3 while some others ask and ask and ask till they get loads (5,6 or 7!)

sorry edders- forgive ure old mod?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    if their new they cant help it im new and i dont understand it!

ReputationRep:
    i gave you rep a minute ago because you answered my question!
    Really? what a kind soul you are.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by josie)
    if their new they cant help it im new and i dont understand it!
    I'm not complaining - it just seems a bit daft that the people most likely to ask for help (and recieve it) are the ones most likely not to know that there is a system set up to say thanks.

And sire - if it makes you feel better only 10 of my 1000+ posts were deemed helpful (and 2 of those were deemed helpful by unregistered members so I didn't get anything but a warm fuzzy feeling from them)

ReputationRep:
    the system is largly ignored by most ppl

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.