Turn on thread page Beta

OCR A Chains Ring and Spec....How did you find it? watch

ReputationRep:
    The exam was pleasantly nice, and didn't ask many random questions- except for the one about tollens reagent :confused: . I enjoyed it more than the one in january, so im hoping i did fairly better. Oh, and the spectroscopy question was waay easier than the question in january!

Unifying concepts was just pure eeeeeeeeevil! :cheeky:

Well, no more chemistry for me for now, so roll on biology tomorrow, and i can burn all those papers i have accumilated over the past months- which is gonna be a real bummer if i fail and have to re-take! But i choose to be optimistic....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flippinmentaljo)
    y r we talking about splitting? i put there was no splitting because splitting realtes to H on C attached to the C that the H in question is attached to.. thats why there was no splitting and if it had been compound 1 then splitting would coccur... also in relation to the numbers... dont they always show the lowest number ratio? so 3:3 would have come out as 1:1 hence why the numbers at the top?
    thats wht i thought n thts also y i couldn't get the structure!!!

ReputationRep:
    but surely it would have been 2 because 2 went was ...CH3C=00CH3 which would have been right.... 3 protons on either side.... relates to numbers at the top...3:3 ratio becomes 1:1 they were in the right place for the numbers on teh pink data sheet... there was no splitting because the protons...or hydrogens are only attached to one carbon.... so there would have been no splitting as spillting represents H on another carbon!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    y r we talking about splitting? i put there was no splitting because splitting realtes to H on C attached to the C that the H in question is attached to.. thats why there was no splitting and if it had been compound 1 then splitting would coccur... also in relation to the numbers... dont they always show the lowest number ratio? so 3:3 would have come out as 1:1 hence why the numbers at the top?
    I put 1:1 thing cos I couldn't think of anything else. I said the areas show there's the same amount of protons of each environment.. or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainjan_4now)
    The exam was pleasantly nice, and didn't ask many random questions- except for the one about tollens reagent :confused: . I enjoyed it more than the one in january, so im hoping i did fairly better. Oh, and the spectroscopy question was waay easier than the question in january!

Well, no more chemistry for me for now, so roll on biology tomorrow, and i can burn all those papers i have accumilated over the past months- which is gonna be a real bummer if i fail and have to re-take! But i choose to be optimistic....
    I did the Jan 05 one last night (didn't do it in Jan) and I found it easier!
    But I agree with you on UC... I revised it so much aswell, grr! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    but surely it would have been 2 because 2 went was ...CH3C=00CH3 which would have been right.... 3 protons on either side.... relates to numbers at the top...3:3 ratio becomes 1:1 they were in the right place for the numbers on teh pink data sheet... there was no splitting because the protons...or hydrogens are only attached to one carbon.... so there would have been no splitting as spillting represents H on another carbon!!!!!!!
    OMG!!! totallt ignored the 'relative'!!!!
    screwed it up AGAIN

gd that it was only 5 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violet)
    I did the Jan 05 one last night (didn't do it in Jan) and I found it easier!
    But I agree with you on UC... I revised it so much aswell, grr! :mad:
    Aww, many people felt the same, and if you thought that CRS in january was better than today's, then feel within my heart that you've done fine today

ReputationRep:
    Aww, many people felt the same, and if you thought that CRS in january was better than today's, then feel within my heart that you've done fine today
    Aww, I feel so much better now :hugs:
    (But i stil bleh-ed up synoptic :p: )

ReputationRep:
    kinda scared about the unifing concept man! I couldn't revise for it that much. Had other paper to juggle with, that paper is just ..... man! don't know, hope it's comes out good 4 us all.

ReputationRep:
    januarys was well easier than todays!

ReputationRep:
    even if you did revise for unifying, it wouldnt of made a difference.
    the end questions was a joke. i thought i was in an english exam evlauation of romeo & J, it was funny tho the look on the peoples faces who spoke little english,

ReputationRep:
    The spectroscopy question was good I thought apart from the relative peak area thing. The Tollen's reagent one was hard too but I think I guessed the right formula - AgNO3? I made it wrong though- I didn't realise it was made from ammonia.

The most bugging question though - how do you make sure that you only synthesise the stereoisomer that you need? I had no idea and its not even in my text book!

ReputationRep:
    I liked the exam paper except for the tollens question and the one about kevlar I wrote it was a condensation polymer so water is removed, but i cudnt remember the structure

UNIFYING WAS EVIL.. I couldnt answer a single q except the definitions and the graph - and i revised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidnotMark)
    I liked the exam paper except for the tollens question and the one about kevlar I wrote it was a condensation polymer so water is removed, but i cudnt remember the structure

UNIFYING WAS EVIL.. I couldnt answer a single q except the definitions and the graph - and i revised!
    dont worry mate! everyone is in the same boat nearly it was solid

ReputationRep:
    on UC where were the usual easy mark titrations graph and indicators questions!?

That last question was horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by froggymills)
    on UC where were the usual easy mark titrations graph and indicators questions!?

That last question was horrible
    thats why im praying the boundaries take a drop! or ill cry!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what they are for UC but my teacher told me everyone does worse on that paper

Wonder how low they are. Anyone know?

ReputationRep:

don't u hv unit 5 on Tues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morpheus)
    don't u hv unit 5 on Tues?
    Yup, but she has Biology tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violet)
    Yup, but she has Biology tomorrow!
    so do you! ner :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.