Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

being interested in the MRes/PhD Economics programme I wonder if it is necessary to submit something like a detailed research proposal with your application.
    I so far found contradicting information on that and would be gratefuil to hear from someone who applied for this programme.
    Thanks.
    Jan

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jan,

I'm joining the MRes/PhD Track 1 next autumn. I submitted a research proposal only to be considered for funding. Although a friend of mine got funding without any research proposals. He was asked to write one only as part of the funding application after LSE decided to nominate him.

I realise things may be different for Track 2, but given the fact that the first year is mostly taught courses, I think what they want to know is broadly where research interests lie, in order for them to allocate you to a supervisor, etc. This can be part of your personal statement. Of course the more focused you sound the better. They also stressed the fact that one is not binded to work in the area that he/she has mentioned in the personal statement or research proposal.

Hope this helps.

Ziad

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.