The Student Room Group

The Cleverest Thing in the World.

I woke up today to the dullness of Manchester weather, thinking my day could not get any worse.
By 11:30 I resorted to doing some hoovering, as the carpet had some particles within. Anyway, during my hoovering conquests, A man knocked on the door. He gave me a box, and his clipboard in which I signed. The contents of this box were to change my life forever...
Inside the box was a MINIDISC PLAYER (my christmas present).
It is very special, you can stick it in the computer via USB, and virtually download music on to it! For you wasters that own MP3 players out there, go get a hobby! MD's are a way of the future.
However, that is not the cleverest thing in the world. After opening the box and finding my MD player, I found other small bags, containing headphones, plugs etc.
Then, there it was, the cleverest thing in the world...(brace yourselves)

A BATTERY CARRYING CASE.

I tried to release the battery that lay within, but after 10 minutes of trying, I realized the case had outfoxed me. Then after another 5 minutes of frustration, I move something up and down simultaneously and it popped open. THE BATTERY WAS RELEASED FROM THE VAULT OF THE CARRYING CASE.
I believe it is the cleverest thing in the world, what a useful invention.

If you can speak of any other technological advances like this great one, please say so.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I once invented a game called 'Rocks in Socks'. It was fun.
Reply 2
gayboy09
I woke up today to the dullness of Manchester weather, thinking my day could not get any worse.
By 11:30 I resorted to doing some hoovering, as the carpet had some particles within. Anyway, during my hoovering conquests, A man knocked on the door. He gave me a box, and his clipboard in which I signed. The contents of this box were to change my life forever...
Inside the box was a MINIDISC PLAYER (my christmas present).
It is very special, you can stick it in the computer via USB, and virtually download music on to it! For you wasters that own MP3 players out there, go get a hobby! MD's are a way of the future.
However, that is not the cleverest thing in the world. After opening the box and finding my MD player, I found other small bags, containing headphones, plugs etc.

A BATTERY CARRYING CASE.

I tried to release the battery that lay within, but after 10 minutes of trying, I realized the case had outfoxed me. Then after another 5 minutes of frustration, I move something up and down simultaneously and it popped open. THE BATTERY WAS RELEASED FROM THE VAULT OF THE CARRYING CASE.

If you can speak of any other technological advances like this great one, please say so.

Righto, not sure why you felt the need to say that, but uhmm yeah. Have fun.
Reply 3
Why is your name gayboy?

I have a minidisc.
Reply 4
fionah
Why is your name gayboy?

I have a minidisc.

have a guess?
Reply 5
eric bischoff
have a guess?

I'd say... Julian.
Reply 6
fionah
Why is your name gayboy?

alright, no need to be homophobic
Reply 7
vienna95
alright, no need to be homophobic

you sure
Reply 8
gayboy09

my iPod.
Reply 9
gayboy09

A BATTERY CARRYING CASE.

I got one of those with my minidisc too! That was about 2 years ago, though. Can't say I've ever had trouble opening it, it's just a clip :confused: .
I have to say the cleverest thing in the world was...not necessarily to my advantage, I recently bought "In The Zone" by Britney Spears (Though I have to say she does barely ANY singing on it) and anyway, I have a minidisc player as well, so I load it into the computer and I discover the CD has it's own special media player, when I open my programme for transferring tracks onto my MD player lo! and behold, look there are only 2 tracks, some clever techy person has made it virtual impossible to put it onto your minidisc player and to copy it. After many hours of frustration I thought I'd put it into my external CD rewriter....had no problems after that. I think they've put a horrible non-copy thing on it....I have to say that is pretty damn clever...but not clever enough for me though...even though I'm trying to play the CD on the computer at the moment in CD player and its given me the first 5 tracks and fifty seconds of the sixth grrrr
Reply 11
Danithestudent
I have to say the cleverest thing in the world was...not necessarily to my advantage, I recently bought "In The Zone" by Britney Spears (Though I have to say she does barely ANY singing on it) and anyway, I have a minidisc player as well, so I load it into the computer and I discover the CD has it's own special media player, when I open my programme for transferring tracks onto my MD player lo! and behold, look there are only 2 tracks, some clever techy person has made it virtual impossible to put it onto your minidisc player and to copy it. After many hours of frustration I thought I'd put it into my external CD rewriter....had no problems after that. I think they've put a horrible non-copy thing on it....I have to say that is pretty damn clever...but not clever enough for me though...even though I'm trying to play the CD on the computer at the moment in CD player and its given me the first 5 tracks and fifty seconds of the sixth grrrr

I still rate the most clever thing in the world as the realisation that fermenting certain things and turning it into a drink would be a success.
Sire
I still rate the most clever thing in the world as the realisation that fermenting certain things and turning it into a drink would be a success.

That's a good point, but what i want to know is what was the guy that invented milking cows doing..?
Sire

Amen to that!
Reply 14
imagine how rich the guy that invented plastic bottle tops is
Reply 15
MadNatSci
Amen to that!

thankyou fellow enlightened one
Reply 16
kikzen
imagine how rich the guy that invented plastic bottle tops is

What about the bloke that told Governments to put his design of little reflective things every 20 metres or so down the middle of highways?
Reply 17
Sire
What about the bloke that told Governments to put his design of little reflective things every 20 metres or so down the middle of highways?

Magnetic strips. Clever in it. Eh? Allows both the banks and the criminals to benefit.
Reply 18
Camford
Magnetic strips. Clever in it. Eh? Allows both the banks and the criminals to benefit.

hehe, good point.
Camford

lol!

Microwaves... you really appreciate how wonderful they are when you don't have access to one anymore!

Latest

Trending

Trending