Turn on thread page Beta

The Campaign Against Dodgy Emoticons (CADE) watch

ReputationRep:
    I really hate these.. stupid, stupid emoticons in MSN where they take a good 5 minutes to load and you find yourself deciphering the person's messages because it's all broken up like "w h ! " which has the tendancy to suddenly morph into: something like this, which happens to look in my opinion extremely childish

So! If you want to avoid a huge pixelated apple coming up everytime you type apparently, if you don't want to spend hours deciphering a persons message because their writing is plagued with dodgy pink randomly spinning cheap GIFs, if you just want to read the persons message without asking them to have to repeat without the random picture of a pig or spinning questionmarks.. then join CADE, the campaign against dodgy emoticons! SIGN THE PETITION:

http://www.petitiononline.com/spdcade/petition.html

ReputationRep:
    Please feel free to express your hate for dodgy emoticons here :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there's a bit in the options section where you can choose not to display emoticons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    I'm sure there's a bit in the options section where you can choose not to display emoticons?
    but I'd rather not be limited when some people only want to use the regular emoticons - they're fine it's just when 3/4 of the conversation is dancing letters and symbols

The emoticons were magiccarpet's greatest weapon. Thus, they must be controlled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    but I'd rather not be limited when some people only want to use the regular emoticons - they're fine it's just when 3/4 of the conversation is dancing letters and symbols
    Just ask the culprits not to use them then

ReputationRep:
    Just ask the culprits not to use them then
    :rofl: since when is that gonna work - they're not gonna go through and delete 5000 emoticons just to please one user

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    :rofl: since when is that gonna work - they're not gonna go through and delete 5000 emoticons just to please one user
    Oh right, so they use emoticons instead of actually writing? :s:

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, so they use emoticons instead of actually writing? :s:
    exactly! tis awful

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.