Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Both papers were fair i thought. not too hard. did anyone do these exams? What did u get for the value of Kp and also how do u separate nickel from Ni(CO)4?? What did u put for the systematic name name of the maelic acid and did u get the total entropy change of the nickel question to be positive? thx

ReputationRep:
    Kp was.. really small. (2.5x10^-3???)
    pH was 1.9 or something? put cis 1,2 diethenoic acid for the acid name.
    seperating nickel was something about increasing the temperature I think.. don't think I got it right though. what did you put for the last question on biochem?

ReputationRep:
    I got 1.9 for pH as well. I also put cis 1,2 diethanoic acid

and yeah I said increase temperature to lower /\Ssurroundings so that the /\Stotal would be greater. Random guess.

I got /\Stotal to be postitive for Nickel, +84.something I think ??

ReputationRep:
    i got 2.5x10^-3 for Kp as well and my pH was 1.9 as well.... but i think i named it rong i put sumthing like but-2-ene 1,4 dioc acid! which sounds rong tooo!!!
    oh i messed up unit 4 rely badly...
    For biochem the last one i put gel electrophoresis
    What did people put for the isomer of the C6H5 - CH2Cl? and what were your reagents and catalyst!!!
    there was alot of entropy in this paper and quite a few mechanisms! anyone put second order for reaction of haloalkane?

ReputationRep:
    last biochem - gel electrophoresis for 2 marks.

yea i got 2.5x10^-3 as well and pH 1.9 WOHOOO!!!
    but i put butene-1,4 dioic acid?? (cos u cant get but-2-ene can you?)

Isomer of C6H5CH2CL is just the same thing with CH3 in the same place and the CL bonding on another benzene carbon. The reagents were CL2 and catalyst ALCl3 or thats wot i put.

For the very last question i put react with NA (fizzes, H2 given off) and also i said they both decolourise bromine water!! Is this correct???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    last biochem - gel electrophoresis for 2 marks.

yea i got 2.5x10^-3 as well and pH 1.9 WOHOOO!!!
    but i put butene-1,4 dioic acid?? (cos u cant get but-2-ene can you?)

Isomer of C6H5CH2CL is just the same thing with CH3 in the same place and the CL bonding on another benzene carbon. The reagents were CL2 and catalyst ALCl3 or thats wot i put.

For the very last question i put react with NA (fizzes, H2 given off) and also i said they both decolourise bromine water!! Is this correct???
    yep, I think your last answers were right. I put down iron and chlorine as the reagents but I think alcl3 can be used too so it doesn't really matter..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awimal1)
    there was alot of entropy in this paper and quite a few mechanisms! anyone put second order for reaction of haloalkane?
    I thought it was second too - sn2 because it was a primary haloalkane...

ReputationRep:
    I wrote Iron as the catalyst and Cl2 as the reagent. I wrote that one Cl joins the Benzene ring.

For the last one I used Sodium as the reaction, I wrote that you would see fizzing and that the sodium dissappears. I was always told that you can't write H2 gas given off as it isn't something that you can physically see.

What did everyone put for the question which asked how you would follow the reaction. I did something like warming the test tube in a water bath and attach to a gas syringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunGod87)
    What did everyone put for the question which asked how you would follow the reaction. I did something like warming the test tube in a water bath and attach to a gas syringe.
    I did the same.. a conical flask in a water bath attached to a gas syringe.
    The very last question I read rong and though the question asked you to do benzene and the alcohol not benzioc acid and the alcohol :mad: but I put both the compounds would burn with a sooty flame do you think that I could get marks for that :confused: ?

ReputationRep:
    You could do

ReputationRep:
    For the Kp question where we had to fill in the table for P(eq) did ur two values add up to 1atm or did you divide by 4

ReputationRep:
    i thought the unit 4 was horrible -- parts were so hard!! that last q was a killer. i had to leave out the isomer as i just didnt get it at all (kicking myself now tho) so thts 4 marks lost oh dear! also i could only think of brady's reagent for the final q? also put something about LiAlH4 and reduction but think thats completely wrong...

i got pH1.9 as well for that q *relief* but don't remember having to name the acid - oh god hope didnt leave a page out or something!! i got 0.99 and like 0.01 for my partial pressures i think - my mind completely went blank about mole fraction calcs etc so nt sure if thats right? overall i thought was so much less straightforward than jan - *cries as got C in jan* so i've been pretty upset all afternoon. i need an A in chem to get into bristol and needed to do well in the unit 4 as i WILL actually fail the synoptic! oh dear!!!
    i didnt do biochem as we only study food science though i think loads of my friends just randomly decided this morning to do it! the food science was such a nice paper like really simple quick answers and tbh its bio anyway which is a gift!!

ReputationRep:
    you had to divide by four I think. so it would have been 0.25 for moles at equilibrium

ReputationRep:
    Units of Kp were atm^-3 yes?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.