Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know the massive big tower thing but even on Port uni's website it doesn't list a "Barnard Tower"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirbz)
    Yeah I know the massive big tower thing but even on Port uni's website it doesn't list a "Barnard Tower"
    oh :confused: Did they rename it or something on the website? What's it say on the website?

It is called Barnard Tower on the uni website, its just not in the accom section for some reason

ReputationRep:
    Ah well- i guess i wont be spending that much time in my room anyway :beerglass

As for the location, i have to start saving up for travel.

I know there is meant to be a uni bus that is free from langstone, but are there any other buses that run from langstone to the main area, and how much do they cost? Also does a nightbus run to langstone from the SU and how much is that?

QEQM is right next to the beach isnt it? Its been a while since i have been to the beach in ports so i cant remember what its like- can someone remind me?

Quite a few questions..

ReputationRep:
    FirstBus runs in Ports.
    The price for a Firstday is £3...though dunno if you will need one but that should be the maximum you ever pay on one day. Unfortunatly the site doesn't give any prices of the single and return fares.
    http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/sout...home/index.php
    There is a map and timetable...Not really sure where langstone is myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt_blackall)
    Also does a nightbus run to langstone from the SU and how much is that?
    Yeah there is a safety bus that runs from the union at night, you get a ticket from the desk it costs 50p, takes you right to your door and supposedly runs until the last person out of the union is taken home.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there is a safety bus that runs from the union at night, you get a ticket from the desk it costs 50p, takes you right to your door and supposedly runs until the last person out of the union is taken home.
    oh that will be alright then

(Original post by matt_blackall)

I know there is meant to be a uni bus that is free from langstone, but are there any other buses that run from langstone to the main area, and how much do they cost? Also does a nightbus run to langstone from the SU and how much is that?

QEQM is right next to the beach isnt it? Its been a while since i have been to the beach in ports so i cant remember what its like- can someone remind me?

Quite a few questions..
    Uni Bus - erratic at times, sometimes just doesnt show up, didnt so much in my year but i heard last year it was a right pain in the arse.

First Bus - From the end of the road you get the 13 which goes to town every 10mins or so, its £1.40ish for a single to town, about 2.35 for a return. There is also the 7/7A that goes every half hour to the Hard.
    I tend not to buy bus tickets anymore, i got the first student portsmouth month thing which was 35 quid, worked out cheaper when you add going shopping and getting the bus into town for a night out etc

And i didnt think there was a beach @ the Langstone campus... but saying that i only lived there! i know lots of people sat on the grass and stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Uni Bus - erratic at times, sometimes just doesnt show up, didnt so much in my year but i heard last year it was a right pain in the arse.

First Bus - From the end of the road you get the 13 which goes to town every 10mins or so, its £1.40ish for a single to town, about 2.35 for a return. There is also the 7/7A that goes every half hour to the Hard.
    I tend not to buy bus tickets anymore, i got the first student portsmouth month thing which was 35 quid, worked out cheaper when you add going shopping and getting the bus into town for a night out etc
    cheers for that

And i didnt think there was a beach @ the Langstone campus... but saying that i only lived there! i know lots of people sat on the grass and stuff!
    i'll have to slap the person who told me that now- getting my hopes up and all

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Portsmouth
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.