The Student Room Group

Getting rid of sunburn...

I have sunburn from being out longer than I expected today, and I need it to either turn brown or go away by late next week...any suggestions?

I.e. Should I avoid sun completely? Or go out in it with lots of suncream on to turn the red brown? Or use some magical cream (yes, I doubt this exists but I can hope!)?

Aaaargh, it's also in random places so I'm all patchy :frown:

Cheers for any advice,

ZarathustraX

EDIT: I'm already using copious amounts of aftersun, so no need to recommend that! :smile:
Me too!!! I'm really rather fair skinned and had a strappy top on and a plait down my back today- and no suncream- so I have quite a bizarre pattern of redness on my back and shoulders. I've been rubbing in aftersun every 5 minutes. I look so ridiculous!! xxx
Reply 2
Use aftersun!!! lots and lots!!!
put loads of suncream on before you go in sun!! - that'll stop you getting more burnt!!

i'm burnt at the minute but i got told off - i work in a doctors surgery!!! - the doctors were telling me off!! :smile:
Reply 3
looby3
Use aftersun!!! lots and lots!!!

I am, but what is that actually going to DO? I mean - will it get rid of the red, or help it to go brown (in which case I need to even out the rest of my skin!)?

ZarathustraX
Reply 4
Zarathustra
I have sunburn from being out longer than I expected today, and I need it to either turn brown or go away by late next week...any suggestions?

I.e. Should I avoid sun completely? Or go out in it with lots of suncream on to turn the red brown? Or use some magical cream (yes, I doubt this exists but I can hope!)?

Aaaargh, it's also in random places so I'm all patchy :frown:

Cheers for any advice,

ZarathustraX

EDIT: I'm already using copious amounts of aftersun, so no need to recommend that! :smile:

Silly girl. But, we all do it, so I suggest just to:

1. Continue with the aftersun (it will turn brown)
2. If you're patchy, go for a spray tan or something.

:biggrin:
Reply 5
red_roadkill
2. If you're patchy, go for a spray tan or something.

Oooooh, you have GOT to be joking -I do watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S you know!!!

Artificial tanning methods are not trusted by me :eek:

What's happened to all your rep chick? You used to have loads! *adds r_r to pending rep list** :smile:

ZarathustraX

EDIT:* It wouldn't let me leave a comment :confused:
Reply 6
iv got BIIIGGG fat strap marks with burnt bits all around it...now, u cant get fake tan that goes red so il have to leave it patchy...but, like many ppl out there, tis my prom next thurs, and i have bright red shoulders and am wearin a strapless dress!!
Reply 7
Avoid the sun for now, it'll make the burn worse even with a gallon of suncream. Lots of soothing aftersun/aloe vera and keep yourself hydrated is the best thing you can do
Reply 8
Zarathustra
Oooooh, you have GOT to be joking -I do watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S you know!!!

Artificial tanning methods are not trusted by me :eek:

What's happened to all your rep chick? You used to have loads! *adds r_r to pending rep list** :smile:

ZarathustraX

EDIT:* It wouldn't let me leave a comment :confused:

Awww thankyou for the rep!

4 gems is the most I've ever had btw! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Definitely don't go out in the sun anymore, sun cream does not protect skin that is already burnt. Moisturise lots in an attempt to make the red go brown. xx
Same thing has happened to me. It looks stupid as it is a stripe down one arm!!! Thinking I might have to get a spray tan otherwise I will feel very selfconscious in my prom dress!!!
Reply 11
it fades pretty quickly, dont worry
rock_tenth
it fades pretty quickly, dont worry

I hope so!!

(woohoo post number 2000!! :p: )

Latest

Trending

Trending