Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Didnt realise the sheer mother-ness of this unit until today. All that information to play with tomorrow as well as section B!?
    Anybody else doing this unit or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    wat is that paper? im doin aqa A but its the synotpic is that what ur on bout?

ReputationRep:
    OMG I can't believe how crap I am. nooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    I do AQA B!!!!!
    ARGH!
    Hmmmmm
    Yeah it's a synoptic paper but theres an option module, unit 8, which is what ive got tomorrow........ good start - ive been looking at the ruddy syllabus all day and still dont know what it is im doing.

ReputationRep:
    I am taking that option as well. It is not too bad. Do you have a book for that? Staring on the sylabus will take you nowhere, better do some past peapers. There is quite a lot of synoptic questions in that peaper as well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we have had a green Collins book for it. I dont just stare at the syllabus that would be a bit pointless. I go through the whole syllabus and make notes on every point - it's the only way I can revise, because they can't ask anything that isn't on the syllabus. I've done all the past papers.

ReputationRep:
    yeh so u peeps also advise just better to revise by reading that book..........also it wud cover the section B.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we have had a green Collins book for it. I dont just stare at the syllabus that would be a bit pointless. I go through the whole syllabus and make notes on every point - it's the only way I can revise, because they can't ask anything that isn't on the syllabus. I've done all the past papers.
    I think you should be realy well prepered then. Such a dedication, I am impressed .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but there's a lot of stuff in the book that goes off at a tangent. it just seems quite a large chunky book for about 80 marks really

ReputationRep:
    yeh well its still not that bad....as then will have more confidence to do well in that exam and also so reading most of this book shud give ya good prep for 2moro.......

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but there's a lot of stuff in the book that goes off at a tangent. it just seems quite a large chunky book for about 80 marks really
    Where does the book go of the tangent exactly? I think it is a typical spoonfeeding book. Most of the questions can be answered by almost direct quotations from the textbook.

ReputationRep:
    Like the disease section - there seems to be a lot on salmonella and a fair few diseases that we havent really gone over much in class. I mean our teachers have been pretty thorough but I've never had to learn them in that much detail and the syllabus doesnt suggest you do

ReputationRep:
    True (I never though about this as I did not have to learn any of that chapter, I used to dream about being epidemiologist so I know loads about cholera salmonella etc anyway lol). Anything alse that is not in specification (I have lost mine)?

ReputationRep:
    oh so cud ya give us a brief list on wat is in the spec...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing module 8 tomorrow, revising from my notes, done all the past papers which I REALLY reccommend as it really gets you used to the mark scheme. Not actually seen any questions on B and T lymphocytes on any of them which is slightly strange I think. Anyone got the mark scheme for the specimen paper? Oh and I didn't get the textbook - first off, it's £11.99, second off, it's MASSIVE!!! Bet half of it is waffle though to be honest, like their other textbooks. Their revision guides for 1-5 are good though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corkskrew)
    Didnt realise the sheer mother-ness of this unit until today. All that information to play with tomorrow as well as section B!?
    Anybody else doing this unit or is it just me?
    I really don't get exam boards at all. They change the system so we do modules with an exam after each module so we don't have the problem of revising 2 years worth of work in one go. Because of this, they make the standard of work harder. Then just to make themselves even more popular, they decide to make us do a synoptic paper. But!!! They expect us to learn a huge chunk of Module 8 work as well as memorise all the other work from the previous 5 modules... what was the point of changing the system?!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest..i haven't really done much revision specifically for Mod 8...my mod 5&6 revision should still be in my head (somewhere) and i have had a good read of my Mod 1+2 revision guide...

I dislike biology at the best of times...and think essays are the work of the devil..(i'm most definately NOT an English student!) So how do you think I feel about a biology essay!!
    Grrr!!
    Phew...right, the time is 11pm...better look at some past papers!
    Oh My..
    J.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.