Turn on thread page Beta

what A levels will you be doing now that GCSE's are over? watch

ReputationRep:
    so, what A levels are you lot planning to do and what college's have you applied to.

I for one, will be doing biology, maths, english literature and law. I wanted to keep my options open so chose a variety of different subjects.

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    See sig! but for y13 we have to drop one, i'll prob drop drama to focus on academics

ReputationRep:
    Mine are in my signature, BUT i'd like to stress that i might swap biology for physics. Fun fun fun physics.

ReputationRep:
    ah well, unless you want to go into acting or theatre work then dont drop drama..other than that, academic studies are more important. It what the universities look for

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing German, Politics and Government, Biology and History
    Can't wait to STOP doing drama lol - the worst decision I ever made was to take it for GCSE. One C coming up. One person in our 3 person group decided not to learn her lines - at all. So there we were merrily on stage and she didn't say anything. We got the cues right and everything and she stood there like a lemon. Really gave me the opportunity to show my "totally mortified and embarrassed" acting ability. Ah well... roll on AS levels!

ReputationRep:
    Mine are in my signature too. A (or A*) in Biology means I take it for A-Level, if I get a B or below....History instead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    ah well, unless you want to go into acting or theatre work then dont drop drama..other than that, academic studies are more important. It what the universities look for
    yep yep i know, its soo depressing lol coz i love drama, but i'm amking my way into acting anyway i've already made £500 this yr working as extras in films

ReputationRep:
    biology for physics?......my brother does physics and although he is predicted really good...he says its a very very hard subject. You must realllllly realllly love physics to do it in A levels. My brother enjoys it but seeing that i'm totally different from my brother i am not considering physics as an option :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E_J_C_2000)
    I'm doing German, Politics and Government, Biology and History
    Can't wait to STOP doing drama lol - the worst decision I ever made was to take it for GCSE. One C coming up. One person in our 3 person group decided not to learn her lines - at all. So there we were merrily on stage and she didn't say anything. We got the cues right and everything and she stood there like a lemon. Really gave me the opportunity to show my "totally mortified and embarrassed" acting ability. Ah well... roll on AS levels!
    you thort it was gonna be a doss didnt ya, didnt realise it actually involved writing, lol so many people in my clas thort that and then when they found out you had to write 2x 12page coursework(edexcel) they died, needless to say a few or them with have to get full performance marks just to get a D seriously, lol

ReputationRep:
    lol....if you love drama and your making your way into acting then do drama or theare studies in A levels....i mean the rest of your A levels could be the important subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    biology for physics?......my brother does physics and although he is predicted really good...he says its a very very hard subject. You must realllllly realllly love physics to do it in A levels. My brother enjoys it but seeing that i'm totally different from my brother i am not considering physics as an option :P
    The only reason i'd want to choose physics over bio is because i can do an Astrophysics module this time next year, which is reeeeaaaallly interesting.

Also there is the fact that saying you do physics at A level makes you sound smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milli)
    lol....if you love drama and your making your way into acting then do drama or theare studies in A levels....i mean the rest of your A levels could be the important subjects.
    slightly confused till iread it a seventh time lol, but yeh i get what you mean, lol

ReputationRep:
    No, I didn't think it was going to be a "doss". I didn't do as well on the coursework as I could have mainly because I didn't really have the energy alongside science c/w. Anyway our performance and our teacher were so shockingly bad we've all failed anyway. She didn't predict ANYONE an A* because she knew she was too crap'a teacher to get anyone to that level. Sorry if I sound bitter but she totally ignored our group and the person who couldn't be bothered to learn her lines wasn't punished or motivated by the teacher at all. Whenever the other two of us went to talk to the teacher about our situation she was too busy helping her "teacher's pet" in another group. God I hate her so much, she's such a ****. Aaaaah the anger release feels good lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing German, Geography, French and English Literature. It's just hit home that there is gonna be so much work next year... we've had it so easy these 2 years...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veryrandom)
    I'll be doing German, Geography, French and English Literature. It's just hit home that there is gonna be so much work next year... we've had it so easy these 2 years...
    Well not easy as such, its just a lot more intense next year and even more so in yr 13 A2

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm going to do A-Levels in :

Theatre, English, Media, Film

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing maths, chem. bio and physics... many people have said i'm crazy but hey, gives me more options in medical occupations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sapphire_angels)
    i'm doing maths, chem. bio and physics... many people have said i'm crazy but hey, gives me more options in medical occupations
    And physics would get you into an Astrophysics degree bet you wanted to know that huh

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    English Language or Literature, I'm in two minds now :/
    French
    History
    Law
    General Studies is compulsory too.

Michael

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    And physics would get you into an Astrophysics degree bet you wanted to know that huh
    lol i guess youu really really really want to do Astrophysics huh :p:

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.