Turn on thread page Beta

what A levels will you be doing now that GCSE's are over? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im taking Biology, Art, Maths, and either Chemistry or Sociology as the place where i wanna go doesn't do phsycology Isn't anyone here doing art as a-level??

ReputationRep:
    im doing maths, chemistry, physics, spanish and an AS in further maths

ReputationRep:
    mine are in my sig too, but we have to drop one at the end of year 12, i'll probably drop maths.

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking (in my sig)
    French, Spanish, English Lit/Lang and Law
    cant wait

ReputationRep:
    I'm just taking maths and physics (if I get in).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    this is a prime example. You probably couldn't do astrophysics without maths.
    You can, my best mates sister got into an astrophysics degree and cardiff uni without maths A level.

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking, as in my sig, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Electronics as 5 full A-levels

ReputationRep:
    I just want to tell you, it's not such a good idea to do physics unless you do a-level maths.. because i've found physics without maths doesn't get you very far. JMO.
    Hmmm i know other people seem to manage and get relatively ok-good grades. We'll see. Biology still seems liek the one i'll do at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Im taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics (all to A2) and IT AVCE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    Hmmm i know other people seem to manage and get relatively ok-good grades. We'll see. Biology still seems liek the one i'll do at the moment.
    No I meant for university courses which require physics, they usually ask for maths.. eg to study physics you need maths and physics. Unless there's some 'exceptional circumstances' as they usually put it. Plus, physics at degree level is like 70% maths isn't it or something?! lol
    Biology is good though, have you considered doing chemistry as well?

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Just really want to keep my options open.

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking Maths, Economics, Biology, Chemistry and General Studies

ReputationRep:
    No I meant for university courses which require physics, they usually ask for maths.. eg to study physics you need maths and physics. Unless there's some 'exceptional circumstances' as they usually put it. Plus, physics at degree level is like 70% maths isn't it or something?! lol
    Biology is good though, have you considered doing chemistry as well?
    Yeah i have, seems to intense and i never really like chemistry though. The only topic i'd really enjoy would be the bonding and reactions module. Im also thinking whether i should do 2 sciences (bio and chem) be a lot of work though.

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry.

btw - why are people counting general studies? Don't you just turn up? Its not really a subject is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    Yeah i have, seems to intense and i never really like chemistry though. The only topic i'd really enjoy would be the bonding and reactions module. Im also thinking whether i should do 2 sciences (bio and chem) be a lot of work though.
    Personally I think the workload in science subjects is easier to manage than the humanities and written subjects like history or english or psycology for example, because in those you have to write essays every week and the written work mounts up, whereas in science you learn the modules bit by bit and learn the facts. Chemistry isn't that hard, you just have to learn the facts and regurgitate them in the exam, so don't let it put you off. Do you know what exam board you'd be doing?
    What i'm getting at is usually biology related courses require chemistry and they compliment each other as well.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of choosing:

English Lit/Lang (btw is anyone else doing this? cos only a few of us are doing it in my school)
    Economics
    French
    History
    (Maths.....)

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of choosing:

English Lit/Lang (btw is anyone else doing this? cos only a few of us are doing it in my school)
    Economics
    French
    History
    (Maths.....)

ReputationRep:
    art :cool:
    maths.. or further maths
    biology
    chemistry
    physics

i hope i won't have to change my choices after the results come out though..

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think the workload in science subjects is easier to manage than the humanities and written subjects like history or english or psycology for example, because in those you have to write essays every week and the written work mounts up, whereas in science you learn the modules bit by bit and learn the facts. Chemistry isn't that hard, you just have to learn the facts and regurgitate them in the exam, so don't let it put you off. Do you know what exam board you'd be doing?
    What i'm getting at is usually biology related courses require chemistry and they compliment each other as well.
    Thanks, im doing history and psychology so i know there will be loads of written courseworks etc :mad: and biology is OCR and chemistry is edexcel nuffield.

ReputationRep:
    i'm takin biology, chemistry and eng lit to a2 and sociology 2 AS.might keep it on if its not to much bother!
    i don't know how all of u can cope with 4,5 heavy full A2s.
    i just think, if u don't need it y bother!lol!
    i want to do dentistry in Queens belfast and i need 3 As at Alevel and 1 at AS, so 2 ensure i have a good chance of gettin the grades i'm makin sure i'm choosin 1's i enjoy, i need (biology and chemistry) and also subjects that will leave my options open (english and sociology).if i take more than 3 a2s or 4 as's then i'm just giving myself extra work that prob will affect my grades.

i've got it all worked out, so therfore its definately gonna go wrong!!!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.