The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
baba_moon
cos if he did, selfish egoistic people like you and many others would worship him all day and do no work and the world would cease to go round cos people only think about themselves, their next bread and their future.

explain?:rolleyes:
Reply 61
CookieArun
As I said before.. some religions have more than one God/creator.

So which religion is the right one? Surely if you believe in the Judao-Christian god, then you don't believe in Ganesh or Vishnu or Aten? Or would you argue that these are all manifestations of the same god, in which case it doesn't matter which religion you belong to as long as you believe in god?
halbeth
Why are others religious?

God's existence is something that should be assumed untrue and then proved otherwise, rather than the reverse.

you go girlfriend
I'll just say that as an anti-theist, I don't have a problem with being religious. I think they're either scared of dying or a bit stupid, but I won't actively try and change their beliefs, or attack them for their beliefs, unless I'm attacked first.
CookieArun
Atheists go to hell.

Little hard to go somewhere that doesn't exist.
Reply 65
Orihime
So you're an atheist because it's easy to be so (or at least that's what your post implies). In which case people's lifestyles should be the basis of their religion not the other way around - how it should be: religion before anything else.

I am an Atheist because it suits the life I want to live; I don't want religion to become a barrier to my success in life nor do I believe in anything beyond 'reality'.

Religion and believers are to be held responsible for the majority of today's morally objectionable behaviors globally. 'God wants this, God wants that', no **** it.
If you told somebody that you knew somebody who could make anything, save anybody and create life but only you can see them, you'd be ridiculed. However, if you say you believe in God, everything's cool.
Any of the religious people here gonna tell me why they believe in God? Some empirical evidence would be nice.
baba_moon
cos if he did, selfish egoistic people like you and many others would worship him all day and do no work and the world would cease to go round cos people only think about themselves, their next bread and their future.

:eek: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

******* idiot, stop talking you make all religious people sound like delusion fools. People like you are a disgrace to religion. and if your are christian, god did not want us to be stupid.

Spoiler

I don't believe in God, because there is plenty of evidence in the scientific world to show (and eventually prove) that God doesn't exist. It's impossible for an existent God to be made up of non-consistent properties, such as anger and love, so logically, God cannot exist. I also don't feel that it's right for young children to be indoctrinated with certain religious views that they don't have the choice to make.

I also don't believe in God because I believe it makes no practical contribution to the way I live.

Well that's my view; those of others will most likely differ.
Reply 70
The way I see it, if there is a God, he is a prick.
Mainly because I don't see a reason to believe in a God. Also because I believe that the God(s) of classical theism have been used for more evil and corruption than for "good".
Reply 72
atheism is sexy! why do you not belive in fairies OP?
Reply 73
Jofro
I am an Atheist because it suits the life I want to live; I don't want religion to become a barrier to my success in life nor do I believe in anything beyond 'reality'.

Religion and believers are to be held responsible for the majority of today's morally objectionable behaviors globally. 'God wants this, God wants that', no **** it.

You will certainly be worried about this 'reality' that you speak of, when you're crawling in the pits of hell!
Reply 74
Orihime
You will certainly be worried about this 'reality' that you speak of, when you're crawling in the pits of hell!

How can I go to Hell if I don't believe in it? More to the point, why does god care whether I, just one person amongst nearly 7 billion, believe in him? Is he really that egotistical?
Orihime

Yeah, yeah. Oh and, proof?
Reply 76
Orihime

Go away, you delusional individual.
Reply 77
HearTheThunder
Yeah, yeah. Oh and, proof?

I think that your waiting for me to mention the Qur'an.
The question should be "Tell me why you're not an atheist? (or at the very least agnostic)"
Orihime
I think that your waiting for me to mention the Qur'an.

I know you are not for real. Good show though.

Latest

Trending

Trending