Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi!!!
    what about the summer at imperial halls?? are students staying in summer?? can you give me any recomendations about what can I do in London in summer??
    Thank u!!

ReputationRep:
    Some are. I'm staying (in a flat, not halls) over the summer working for the Computing department, under their UROP scheme, and I know someone else doing this too.

ReputationRep:
    How much do you earn at UROP?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ic.ac.uk/urop/ says £170 or so, but I've been told £250 a week. Strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaoscomplex)
    http://www.ic.ac.uk/urop/ says £170 or so, but I've been told £250 a week. Strange.
    seems like it's different depending on the project. I found this bit on their site:
    What is the normal weekly bursary?
    Many students receive between £120-£160 per week, with some students receiving up to £250 per week. Students and Supervisors should note that £250 per week is the maximum amount payable in the form of a bursary for the purposes of a UROP placement. But remember that there are no deductions for tax or national insurance contributions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    seems like it's different depending on the project. I found this bit on their site:
    Sorry if I'm making this an UROP thread, but, Chaoscomplex, how many hours a day, and days per week, do you have to work to earn £250 per week? How many weeks does an UROP job usually last?

ReputationRep:
    If only I get in, I will get involved into this. You know what, let's make our own UROP experiment. First of all, let's propose a topic. My proposition:

"The influence of polish vodka on other people than Poles"
    or
    "How does 5 Tesla magnetic field influences the nervous system of a drunk grass hopper and a dead cow????!!!"

do you have any other propositions?
    If not let's choose one from these two decent questions. I propose the first one, but then I will have to be the leader, since I am a Pole If we choose the second, we will have to make a grass hopper drunk. Any propositions how to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pole_from_swede)
    If only I get in, I will get involved into this. You know what, let's make our own UROP experiment. First of all, let's propose a topic. My proposition:

or
    "How does 5 Tesla magnetic field influences the nervous system of a drunk grass hopper and a dead cow????!!!"

do you have any other propositions?
    If not let's choose one from these two decent questions. I propose the first one, but then I will have to be the leader, since I am a Pole If we choose the second, we will have to make a grass hopper drunk. Any propositions how to do it?
    yeah - you buy the vodka and I drink it :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeah - you buy the vodka and I drink it :p:
    OK, so then I will try to investigate you behaviour. What should we check first? :P I have plenty of ideas.

ReputationRep:
    count on me..i'd really love such a topic
    but i'm not taking the responsibilty for any casualties (or should i call it collateral damage)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kilwag)
    count on me..i'd really love such a topic
    but i'm not taking the responsibilty for any casualties (or should i call it collateral damage)
    haha we will make it by ourselfs or what?;D

ReputationRep:
    OK, so then I will try to investigate you behaviour. What should we check first? :P I have plenty of ideas.
    let's hear them then...

ReputationRep:
    1st - how does a british girl dance after having drunk 1 liter of Polish vodka
    Is it good enough for the first proposition?
    Do ou have any other ideas:P I still have plenty

ReputationRep:
    1st - how does a british girl dance after having drunk 1 liter of Polish vodka
    Is it good enough for the first proposition?
    Do ou have any other ideas:P I still have plenty
    how? what about 'where'

A: on the floor :p:

ReputationRep:
    how? what about 'where'

A: on the floor :p:
    B: on the toilet, with her head down

OK, let's see the second poin

2nd- what does a british girl drive when drunk?
    A: A car? naaaa......
    Any other anwsers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaoscomplex)
    That seems to be standard within DoC.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Imperial College
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.