Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My friend told me that the driving age is being increased to 18 with effect from the end of this calender year. I have heard this before from politicians. Can you please clear up whether this is just hot air from politicians moaning about boy racers or whether the law changes as of the end of this year.

I will be 17 in January so it is rather important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meat Loaf Rocks)
    My friend told me that the driving age is being increased to 18 with effect from the end of this calender year. I have heard this before from politicians. Can you please clear up whether this is just hot air from politicians moaning about boy racers or whether the law changes as of the end of this year.

I will be 17 in January so it is rather important
    They've been saying that for 20 odd years. I wouldn't worry excessively if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    Howard's right. They say it every year and it never happens. Probably just a rumour that gets passed around. And anyway, I don't care too much as my birthday is in November :p:

ReputationRep:
    i doubt it will.

I dont care anyway, people with mobility problems (like myself) can drive at 16 so screw you.

ReputationRep:
    Having it at 17 is perfect, because if you have to wait till 18 it'd just be a hassle when you have to go to uni, so at least you have a yr to pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markgg)
    i doubt it will.

I dont care anyway, people with mobility problems (like myself) can drive at 16 so screw you.
    You can drive at 16, I can walk.. full stop. "So screw you".

ReputationRep:
    they're raising it to 21 in 2008.

/runs away

ReputationRep:
    I can't really see how you can justify having a driving age of 17 and a drinking age of 18.

ReputationRep:
    Im just not looking forward to paying out for insuracne on top of the lessons themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I heard that they were going to set it so that you could start driving at 17, but could only take the test once you were 18.. But then again what dont they say every year.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.